Dds In 2006

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

su74

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Friends,
I am posting this thread for students who plan to join DDS in 2006.
Let me know when would be the best month to give Part-1, so that we can apply to the schools?
What are the schools with Advanced standing programs? (including for those with green card)
When are the deadlines for these schools?
Let us discuss and help each other. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

su74 said:
Hi Friends,
Let me know when would be the best month to give Part-1, so that we can apply to the schools?
What are the schools with Advanced standing programs? (including for those with green card)

Hello Friend
I am also planning to join DDS in the year 2006. I have started to study for Part 1 exams and my tentative date for the exam is April 29. I am not very much interested in taking the part 2 exams, so I do want to score high on part 1 so I can get into a dental school. There are a few schools which take Just part 1 scores, so i am gonna try from them.
For the schools with advanced standing please look up the ADA website and also the Links of interest to foreign trained dentist in SDN - it is very useful.
Thanks

PK_Bond said:
Hello Friend
I am also planning to join DDS in the year 2006. I have started to study for Part 1 exams and my tentative date for the exam is April 29. I am not very much interested in taking the part 2 exams, so I do want to score high on part 1 so I can get into a dental school. There are a few schools which take Just part 1 scores, so i am gonna try from them.
For the schools with advanced standing please look up the ADA website and also the Links of interest to foreign trained dentist in SDN - it is very useful.
Thanks
Hi Friend,
Thanks for your information. I am trying to take Part-1 in June. Do u think I should take before June for applying schools?

Members don't see this ad :)
su74 said:
Hi Friend,
Thanks for your information. I am trying to take Part-1 in June. Do u think I should take before June for applying schools?

Hello,
I believe that if you are taking the exam a little earlier... the better... as you will have some buffer to redo the exams and have more options....
To retake the exams, you have to take it only after 3 months...So i am taking the exams in the month of april and depending upon my score decide to do the part 2 or retake the part 1....
I decide.. the earlier the better...
Take Care...

Hi Friend,
Thanks for your reply. I think I would take little earlier so that if I have to retake it would help.

Hi,
I think to redo the exam we have to wait 6 months. correct me if I am wrong?
Thanks

su74 said:
Hi,
I think to redo the exam we have to wait 6 months. correct me if I am wrong?
Thanks

3 months.

rahmed

Hi everyone my name is tariq, im new to this webiste I graduated back in july of 2oo4 over in dubai, UAE. I'm a florida resident and I already have taken my first part of the dental boards (written) in dec of 2004 ,,wasn't too impressed with my over all score of 81% soo im taking it again hopefully sometime in may....I just wanted to know what study materials everyone are using? AS for me I took the Kaplan course for 2 months watched all the videos in all subjects even read over the kaplan book for part 1 and the old exams and the dental decks phewwwww. I put in close to 6 hrs of study time..but all that didnt really help me as it should have soo if anyone has any other suggestions on what materials to use other than what I have just mentioned above I would really appreciate it and if anyone has any questions they would like to ask me on how that exam went the written back in dec of 2004 I would be more than welcome to answer your questions thanks. :cool:

hello tariq
welcome to the group.I know it takes a lot of hard work and dedictation for these exams.all I want to say is that if u think that u are not strong with ur basics in a particualr exam then u should go back to the text books and spend some quality time on them.only after that u can do the dental decks and ques papers.indeed dental decks are very helpful but only after u know ur theory well.
putting in 6 hours or 16 hours doesnt matter.it is the quality which matters.
so happy studying.dont worry there are loads of people here in the forum who are sailing in the same boat as u including me :luck:
take care
tanuj :idea:

su74 said:
Hi Friends,
hey ;i am planning to join dds in 2006 but i am planning to give my part 1 in july as i want to give the written test ....is that too late ? and if we retake the exam do the schools count only the new or the latest score or they take average of the 2 . let me know bye thks

hey..
the good part about ndb is u can give the exam as many times as u want after a gap of 3 months and the written one can be taken only twice a year.and also they just want the latest score u have .no average of the exams u gave...
tanuj :luck:

drtanujpuri said:
hey..
the good part about ndb is u can give the exam as many times as u want after a gap of 3 months and the written one can be taken only twice a year.and also they just want the latest score u have .no average of the exams u gave...
tanuj :luck:
thks tanuj , for the quick reply ....so when i should give my boards latest to get my admission in 2006

BummedtOut_DDS said:
Hi everyone my name is tariq, im new to this webiste I graduated back in july of 2oo4 over in dubai, UAE. I'm a florida resident and I already have taken my first part of the dental boards (written) in dec of 2004 ,,wasn't too impressed with my over all score of 81% soo im taking it again hopefully sometime in may....I just wanted to know what study materials everyone are using? AS for me I took the Kaplan course for 2 months watched all the videos in all subjects even read over the kaplan book for part 1 and the old exams and the dental decks phewwwww. I put in close to 6 hrs of study time..but all that didnt really help me as it should have soo if anyone has any other suggestions on what materials to use other than what I have just mentioned above I would really appreciate it and if anyone has any questions they would like to ask me on how that exam went the written back in dec of 2004 I would be more than welcome to answer your questions thanks. :cool:
hey i am also in florida...where are u located...when do u plan to take part 1...i am also retaking part 1...all those materials u have sound good only i guess we have to put in more effort...
all the best... :thumbup: