Dealing with anxiety

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rothguy

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
This being my first semester in college, never before have I felt so stressed and anxious about taking exams, especially with finals coming up.

My question is, how do you guys deal with test anxiety? I will spend countless hours studying for a test and still feel extremely anxious about it. I understand it's irrational, but I just can't seem to shake it.

Members don't see this ad.

Counseling services through your university. Test anxiety is very normal and very treatable.

Reactions: 2 users
A man’s anxieties create an obstacle; faith in the Lord keep you safe. I just pray that God give me the wisdom to do well on the test if that’s His will and that I be calm and relaxed. Seems to work for me.

Generally taking care of your mental health on the daily is helpful. Mindfulness meditation, prayer, adult coloring books, hobbies, exercise, etc.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Definitely work and build a foundation of healthy habits now, because med school can be very anxiety producing and you need healthy habits

Reactions: 1 user
I am not a student. But when I was one, I studied extremely hard but never set any goals for myself. I would tell myself to give my best shot and be ready to accept whatever be the outcome. That kept me relaxed all the time, never got nervous or anxious. Still I was among top 5% at a very competitive school. Of course, it is easier said than done.

Reactions: 1 user
I am not a student. But when I was one, I studied extremely hard but never set any goals for myself. I would tell myself to give my best shot and be ready to accept whatever be the outcome. That kept me relaxed all the time, never got nervous or anxious. Still I was among top 5% at a very competitive school. Of course, it is easier said than done.
Very helpful advice, thanks.