Debating between Leadership and Volunteer- Non Clinical

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sks1313

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I will be applying this cycle, and I wanted to focus on service-focused schools. However, with a lot of the service activities I've done throughout college, I've also taken on leadership positions. To be competitive at schools like Rush and Loyola, I know they look at how many hours you've volunteered for the community. Should I put these activities in Volunteer (non-clinical) even though I held leadership positions?

Thank you in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

I will be applying this cycle, and I wanted to focus on service-focused schools. However, with a lot of the service activities I've done throughout college, I've also taken on leadership positions. To be competitive at schools like Rush and Loyola, I know they look at how many hours you've volunteered for the community. Should I put these activities in Volunteer (non-clinical) even though I held leadership positions?
There's no problem with highlighting a leadership position in the description and/or title of of a Community Service/Volunteer-tagged activity, especially if you grew in responsibility over time, as it keeps the leadership in context. If any of them are predominantly managerial roles, rather than service you might pick it to list it with a Leadership tag.

Members don't see this ad :)
Would schools consider activities to be community service if they are under the Leadership category though? Let's say the group I'm leading is obvious service-oriented

Would schools consider activities to be community service if they are under the Leadership category though? Let's say the group I'm leading is obvious service-oriented
Whatever tag you use for a multifaceted activity, you can frame a title for the activity that suggests other categories, too. The description, of course, needs to support that.

Reactions: 1 user