Debusk College of Osteopathic Medicine cont.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nate

Missing
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
This thread is for continuation of the big one I am about to close

Members don't see this ad.

Hello everybody! I interview on 2/13 at LMU. Everyone has had positive things to say. I am excited about it as well. Its late in the cycle and I'm a little worried but I'll keep the faith!

Good luck on your interview! I am sure there are still some places left. :luck:

OMG!!! :eek: I freaked out when I saw our thread was closed. I didn't know what happened, but now I see. :D Now I can relax.:laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, I dont think they would continue offering interviews if they didnt have spots to fill. You'll be aight!!!

i highly doubt theyve filled their class already considering how people are dropping like flies now that theyre accepted at their schools of preference.

i highly doubt theyve filled their class already considering how people are dropping like flies now that theyre accepted at their schools of preference.

:p :thumbdown: BOOO!!!! You always have such a wonderful way of saying things...:rolleyes: :laugh:

I hope they didn't fill their class yet, because I am on the alternative list. I would be incredibly happy to be in the DCOM inaugural DCOM. I have been to a few different interviews and DCOM was by far the best. Although, I am proud of being a UF student (National Champions 2006), it would be a great opportunity to be at an institution where the faculty makes you feel like a person and not just a number.

I hope they didn't fill their class yet, because I am on the alternative list. I would be incredibly happy to be in the DCOM inaugural DCOM. I have been to a few different interviews and DCOM was by far the best. Although, I am proud of being a UF student (National Champions 2006), it would be a great opportunity to be at an institution where the faculty makes you feel like a person and not just a number.

I still think you have a really good chance of getting in. As Dr. Inviz pointed out, a lot of people seem to be giving up their spot. Just keep them updated on any changes in your application. Good luck!:luck: :D

I am also on the alternate list and would love to com to DCOM. I hope there is a spot for me. DCOM is very organized on the ball.

I am also on the alternate list and would love to com to DCOM. I hope there is a spot for me. DCOM is very organized on the ball.

I have no idea when they start taking people off the list. Does anyone know that? I know some schools wait until the summer, but some are earlier. I really think that you all have a good chance for a spot. Don't give up!!!:) My brother is in his first year at UCLA and was on the waitlist. He got like a gazillion acceptances, was all set to go to Georgetown, and then he heard back from UCLA. The point is that people definitely get taken off waitlists. Good luck!:luck: :luck: :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
When I talked to Paul Carney, he said they would have a better idea in March as far as when they will start taking from the waitlist

When I talked to Paul Carney, he said they would have a better idea in March as far as when they will start taking from the waitlist

That makes sense. I think the deadline for secondaries is March 15, so they will have all their applications by that point. Hang in there guys!:love: :luck:

Update on my free online classifieds: One email and one phone call in the three days I had it posted. Try it!:D

Dr. Inviz is just pissed off that he finally has come to the realization that DCOM wouldnt be as bad a school as he has published so vehemently on the DCOM thread. On the back burner, I think he knows he may get roped in during the interview (thats what did it for me), and he feels shameful that he will have to eventually disclose his terribly mysterious identity...........granted he accepts an offer, if given to him. I think he actually will, cause he is starting to see that we all will be freaky awesome classmates.:laugh: :laugh:

Dr. Inviz is just pissed off that he finally has come to the realization that DCOM wouldnt be as bad a school as he has published so vehemently on the DCOM thread. On the back burner, I think he knows he may get roped in during the interview (thats what did it for me), and he feels shameful that he will have to eventually disclose his terribly mysterious identity...........granted he accepts an offer, if given to him. I think he actually will, cause he is starting to see that we all will be freaky awesome classmates.:laugh: :laugh:

Dr Inviz loves us and loves DCOM. I am sure that he will come around.:D ;)

Dr Inviz loves us and loves DCOM. I am sure that he will come around.:D ;)

Y'all should go ahead and start placing bets on if I do attend DCOM or not ... :smuggrin: :cool:

Dr. Inviz: I don't remember how much information you've posted on here about when you received your interview invite, date of interview, or any other qualities about you. But with your obvious preference for any school but DCOM...aren't you worried someone from the school will read this and connect to you?? DoctorMom knows they read SDN posts!

Dr. Inviz: I don't remember how much information you've posted on here about when you received your interview invite, date of interview, or any other qualities about you. But with your obvious preference for any school but DCOM...aren't you worried someone from the school will read this and connect to you?? DoctorMom knows they read SDN posts!

LOL! He knows that. I agree with Austin that he will be impressed with DCOM once he goes to the interview, so just take everything with a grain of salt.

Bets anyone? Momma wants to buy a cow...;) :laugh:

no, i havent bashed it.

And you would know this how?

And you would know this how?

its based off whats been posted in the threads ... simply sarcastic.

anyways, please respond to my pm reply ... thanks.

Whether those accepted to DCOM chose to matriculate, as many have gotten in to other schools of choice, I'm certain the inaugural class will be quite excellent and particularly special. It's not often new schools open, and rarer still that they're as well organized as Dr. Stowers well-fit operation. I must admit I had many reservations before my interview, and DCOM was not high on my list. Yet after the interview, I was hooked; lured, reeled, caught, etc. (For those currently applying, I cannot over emphasize the impact of the interview.) Granted my personal bias include an interest in IM-Peds, with potentially a rural emphasis, but nevertheless the facilities available for clerkship rotations are excellent across the board - and the entire State. As for peds especially, St. Jude's Research Hospital is in Memphis, so a connection there could be aligned in the future, if efforts haven't been made already. Long story short, DCOM will be top notch because of the people who have flocked there to make it so, and I'm excited to see how our class sets the tone for the next preeminent school in primary care medicine.
Cheers!

Whether those accepted to DCOM chose to matriculate, as many have gotten in to other schools of choice, I'm certain the inaugural class will be quite excellent and particularly special. It's not often new schools open, and rarer still that they're as well organized as Dr. Stowers well-fit operation. I must admit I had many reservations before my interview, and DCOM was not high on my list. Yet after the interview, I was hooked; lured, reeled, caught, etc. (For those currently applying, I cannot over emphasize the impact of the interview.) Granted my personal bias include an interest in IM-Peds, with potentially a rural emphasis, but nevertheless the facilities available for clerkship rotations are excellent across the board - and the entire State. As for peds especially, St. Jude's Research Hospital is in Memphis, so a connection there could be aligned in the future, if efforts haven't been made already. Long story short, DCOM will be top notch because of the people who have flocked there to make it so, and I'm excited to see how our class sets the tone for the next preeminent school in primary care medicine.
Cheers!

im sure it will be a fine medical institute. please, dont get all offensive ppl ... half of what i say is simply dry sarcasm induced by boredom.

im sure it will be a fine medical institute. please, dont get all offensive ppl ... half of what i say is simply dry sarcasm induced by boredom.

I'm not being offensive, rather I'm just excited for the school's potential. That's all :)

From what I could tell, the rotations are awesome...and very well established considering it's a first year school. I'm also particularly interested in the interactions with UT-Knoxville's Pharmacology folks.

Well they have my $2000 !! :D
I was told yesterday that I was number 66 to fork over the money. See you all their in the fall / later summer. Not sure if I will commute from Morristown or move to Harrogate... Like many other couples we need at least one income. Good luck everyone.

Well they have my $2000 !! :D
I was told yesterday that I was number 66 to fork over the money. See you all their in the fall / later summer. Not sure if I will commute from Morristown or move to Harrogate... Like many other couples we need at least one income. Good luck everyone.

Does this mean you currently live in Morristown? If so, how long of a drive is it from there to Harrogate?

By the way, congrats on the acceptance, and your choice! :)

Actually I hear that you're an awfully terrible person...:smuggrin:

Dr. Inviz is pretty cool. I think in the beginning, he got a bit annoyed that we all were labeling DCOM as a great school, before the doors even opened. He and I even got into a few altercations, beating eachother with reeds.....:laugh:

Inviz, as he stated, has just been sarcastic. If you think about it, why would he frequent the DCOM thread if he wasnt stoked, even just a little bit, about interviewing and the possibility of attending?

So any sarcasm from Inviz needs to be taken with a grain of salt.........I am sure he even knows this. Now Inviz, you need to be a good boy..........savvy?

Dr. Inviz is pretty cool. I think in the beginning, he got a bit annoyed that we all were labeling DCOM as a great school, before the doors even opened. He and I even got into a few altercations, beating eachother with reeds.....:laugh:

Inviz, as he stated, has just been sarcastic. If you think about it, why would he frequent the DCOM thread if he wasnt stoked, even just a little bit, about interviewing and the possibility of attending?

So any sarcasm from Inviz needs to be taken with a grain of salt.........I am sure he even knows this. Now Inviz, you need to be a good boy..........savvy?

LOL! Yea, I guess he is okay...:laugh: ;)

I bet Dr Inviz and DoctorMom78 will be 'wraslin' for that choice seat in the front row come August! ;)

(...and I MIGHT be egging them on from row 3!) :smuggrin:

Yeah, I will be a few rows back with my spit wad straw in hand....:laugh:

Na, maybe just throw a few chips or baby carrots or whatever my wife will pack me for lunches. i couldnt sit in the first row anyways, my head is freakin huge.....its like an orange and a toothpick, "Heeeed....Pants......NOW!!!". Anyone know that movie?

Na, maybe just throw a few chips or baby carrots or whatever my wife will pack me for lunches. i couldnt sit in the first row anyways, my head is freakin huge.....its like an orange and a toothpick, "Heeeed....Pants......NOW!!!". Anyone know that movie?

Make sure you tell Mrs AustinFinklea to pack some extra carrots for your classmates. I'll bring the cheese, crackers and the apple Juice!!! :D

hahahahaha... Best. Movie. EVER. :laugh: :thumbup:
"I'm not kidding, that boy's head is like Sputnik; spherical but quite pointy at parts! Now that was offsides, wasn't it? He'll be crying himself to sleep tonight, on his huge pillow."

So I married an axe murderer. :love:

Oh, and I've got $10 on Doctor Mom. :D

Make sure you tell Mrs AustinFinklea to pack some extra carrots for your classmates. I'll bring the cheese, crackers and the apple Juice!!! :D

K........will do. I have kids, so we are good on the animal crackers as well. Oh, and cheesy, colorful goldfish crackers, cant beat those. Those would actually be great to throw at our inquisitive classmates during class.:laugh:

From the mall (on 25E) its about 45 min's.

I actually live in Greeneville...another 30 mins.

We'll live in Morristown or Harrogate !?!

Good road... the drive is not bad.

:cool:

K........will do. I have kids, so we are good on the animal crackers as well. Oh, and cheesy, colorful goldfish crackers, cant beat those. Those would actually be great to throw at our inquisitive classmates during class.:laugh:

I *heart* goldfish crackers... and the animal crackers that come in the circus box with a string.. ohhhh and ginger snaps! Maybe I should looks at Peds instead on International/rural EM??:laugh:

You guys are a hoot! I wonder if anyone in TN has ANY idea what is about to blow there way? Harrogate will never again be the same! :p

I bet Dr Inviz and DoctorMom78 will be 'wraslin' for that choice seat in the front row come August! ;)

(...and I MIGHT be egging them on from row 3!) :smuggrin:

hahahahaha... Best. Movie. EVER. :laugh: :thumbup: .....:
Oh, and I've got $10 on Doctor Mom. :D

*Sunny puts on her bookie hat in an effort to raise her med school tuition money and cut back on her loans*

"Place ya bets folks!" DoctorMom v Dr Inviz- August 3rd, 2007 in the new lecture hall in Debusk Hall.
THE RUMBLE on the CUMBER(land)!!"

*Cues fight music*

*Sunny puts on her bookie hat in an effort to raise her med school tuition money and cut back on her loans*

"Place ya bets folks!" DoctorMom v Dr Inviz- August 3rd, 2007 in the new lecture hall in Debusk Hall.
THE RUMBLE on the CUMBER(land)!!"

*Cues fight music*

Haha. What are the odds? I might want to up my bet...

If we really start up bets on this, i can imagine Docmom coming into class wearing a Rambo bandana holding a bow staff and nun-chucks.:laugh:

It generally is that the most innocent looking ones are the feistiest.

$20 on DocMom!! :laugh:

If we really start up bets on this, i can imagine Docmom coming into class wearing a Rambo bandana holding a bow staff and nun-chucks.:laugh:

and id be in there with an AK-47. :smuggrin:

actually, im not a gunner, im a unique breed.

So i notice, only 66 have paid (not a for-sure matriculation count) out of 150, looks like the waitlistees will be ready to jump board any moment now :smuggrin:

Sixty-six sounded pretty good to me...I can't remember when they started interviewing, but if they've accepted half the people they interviewed each week, then half of those have paid, that's not a bad hitting %...

Sixty-six sounded pretty good to me...I can't remember when they started interviewing, but if they've accepted half the people they interviewed each week, then half of those have paid, that's not a bad hitting %...

I think they started in Sept. .. coulda been Aug. .. who's countin though.

you sound like youre chipper ... where all u applied and where all u got into?

DCOM started interviewing late September......Jody was saying that they will start looking to add waitlistees in March sometime. They still have two months or more of booked interviews.

It generally is that the most innocent looking ones are the feistiest.

$20 on DocMom!! :laugh:

LOL! I am feisty! I don't know about innocent looking though....:rolleyes: ;) I have plenty of time to take up kick boxing or karate or something too. So, you all better stay out of my seat!:smuggrin: :laugh:

Just accept it, I will ask lots of questions. There is no point in wasting your goldfish and animal crackers on me. Might as well sit back and enjoy your snacks while I ramble on aimlessly. ;) :D BTW, I like those frosted animal crackers. Mmmmm....YUMMY!

:thumbup: I think it is good too. Wow, that means that I must already know a large percentage of the incoming class from SDN. Cool! As I have said before, I think that the people on the waitlists still have a really good chance of getting in. Hang in there guys!:luck: :)