DeBusk College of Osteopathic Medicine...PART 6!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DoctorMom78

Sky Glory
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
OK. My computer can't handle that long thread anymore, so here is the new one. Everyone start posting here!:D :thumbup: :biglove:

Members don't see this ad.

Testicles. That is all. Thank you.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :laugh: :laugh: I JUST ABOUT PEED MY PANTS!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:;)

Members don't see this ad :)
So, did anyone get the financial aid information yet? I am anxiously awaiting that.:scared:

6 threads?

34po17m.jpg

ha ha, oh wow

On the first page! WOOT!

Booger. I said booger on the DCOM thread! :smuggrin:

The talking pear is find of frightening and I'm not sure why. Also, I'm leaving to drive down to Harrogate tomorrow night after work with my mom and staying til Sunday morning. Hopefully I can find some rental places. That would be PERFECT!

Does anyone know when the last interviews were held? Also does anyone know the current # of spots accepted or remaining? Thanks

Does anyone know when the last interviews were held? Also does anyone know the current # of spots accepted or remaining? Thanks

I'm pretty sure the last ones were Friday, but that's all I got.

I am pretty sure that someone had mentioned before that the class was aboubt 2/3 full. That was a few weeks ago. I also heard that the last interviews were on Friday. There are still some spots for people on the waitlist and I think that people will start hearing soon. GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!:luck: :luck:

Thank you!!! As I am sure we all are, I am so excited to find out!!!! I believe they are actually doing more interviews today. Hopefully we find out soon. Today!!!! I wanna know now!!!!! lol.... I hope to officially be able to say I am moving to Tennessee...all the way from California.... keeping my fingers crossed for us all!!! Good luck everyone! :luck: :luck: :luck: :D :D :D :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

I'm headed to Harrogate from Cali as well (Imperial Beach). Only wish I could take the sand & surf with me.

Members don't see this ad :)
I read on DCOM's site that today is the last day of interviews. I would imagine that most schools will finish this month and that the waitlists should start rolling in the middle or end of May since May 15 is a big date for MD apps, I believe. I think that up until May 15, matriculation fees are refundable, but not after it. I'm sure there is more to the date than just that, so I know someone will fill in the blanks for me.

I still haven't received anything yet regarding financial aid either, so we just get to wait some more - but I can't imagine it will be too much longer. I can't wait to see how much debt I'll be accumulating!!! :eek: :smuggrin:

I'm headed to Harrogate from Cali as well (Imperial Beach). Only wish I could take the sand & surf with me.

I am from Northern Cali, a growing town called Roseville...nowhere near the beach...but I too love living on the west coast. But I did fall in love with Harrogate when I went to DCOM to interview... Definately different (but a good different) from california life. I HOPE I HOPE I HOPE!!!!:hardy:

I say they just take the most attractive single people who have applied at this point. I can't be there alone, ya know. Haha

Well, good luck to everyone on the waitlist!:luck: :luck: :luck: :biglove:

So today is the last interview day....WOW!!! Our class and our school is really coming together.:love:

So what's the latest housing news for those of you who are single and not living in the DCOM housing? Any luck with rental housing?

I'm planning to go up there for a few days just before Memorial Day to sign a lease or purchase contract for something, so I wanted to get a feel for what everyone else is planning to do.

I'm not sure I want roommate(s) at this point (because I don't know anyone there), but is anyone interested in renting a room if I were to rent/buy a larger house?

If it helps, my source is pretty good. ;)

Headed that direction next week for a very busy weekend.

Interviews and house hunting? GOOD LUCK!!!:luck:

I hope your source is good! I am dying to know.:laugh:

Interviews and house hunting? GOOD LUCK!!!:luck:

I hope your source is good! I am dying to know.:laugh:

Interviews...and hopefully a little bit of house hunting..I'm afraid that's going to take more than this trip, but we'll see how it goes.

I also hope to make it up to the school and say hi, but I'm not even sure I'm going to be able to do that. I do want to make the drive from Halls to Harrogate taking 33 Hwy at least once so I might do that while she's interviewing, but who knows. :)

Interviews...and hopefully a little bit of house hunting..I'm afraid that's going to take more than this trip, but we'll see how it goes.

I also hope to make it up to the school and say hi, but I'm not even sure I'm going to be able to do that. I do want to make the drive from Halls to Harrogate taking 33 Hwy at least once so I might do that while she's interviewing, but who knows. :)

I had hoped to stop by and say hi when we went down, but we had no time. I did get a quick picture when I stopped by to register the kids in daycare, but that was all that I had time for. If you have a good list of houses to look at, you can probably find one this trip.

The drive on 33 is not bad, but I personally preferred 75 to 63, which is why we bought a house off of 63.:laugh: But, the drive on 33 is definitely reasonable. I am so happy to be done with all of that. Now if I can only get packed and moved. We are less than a month away from our moving date!:eek: :scared:

GOOD LUCK!!!!:luck:

Here is something for someone:

2 Bdrm house for rent, Harrogate, washer, dryer, stove, refrigerator, central heat & air, no pets $200 security $550 month (423)869-4122 pd 4 cd...from Cumberland Trading Post

House for rent in Harrogate area nice neighborhood $500 mo. & 1 bdrm Apt for rent in Middlesboro area $300 month (606)248-7189 between 8 am-8 pm pd 4 cd...from Cumberland Trading Post
Save ad

Thanks. The time is closing in quickly. :thumbup: :eek:

I KNOW!!!! SO EXCITED!!!

On a side note, can someone recommend the following to me? We will be in Speedwell so anyone in Harrogate, Middlesboro, Lafollette, Tazewell, etc., would be fine. I need to transfer our records down there. I also have to finish my hep B shots. THANK YOU!!!:) :luck:

FM or IM and a pediatrician
OB/GYN
rheumatologist

Wait, one more:

New
Construction
1352' house
3 bedroom, 2 bath
plus 24X24
attached garage
25X150
Level Lot
3 miles to
Norris Lake
$109,900
423-562-9925
Save ad

AND I FOUND BABY PIGS FOR $35!!!!!!! LOL! :biglove: :biglove: (Don't worry, I am not buying one.):laugh:

2 bdrm apt. in Harrogate area near LMU, No pets. $350 mo + deposit. (423)869-4976. pd 4 c...from Cumberland Trading Post
Save ad
Email a Friend

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 bdrm apt in Ewing, VA. $375 month + $350 dep. Section 8 HUD accepted. References required. No pets allowed. Call 276-445-5777....from Cumberland Trading Post
Save ad
Email a Friend

I KNOW!!!! SO EXCITED!!!

On a side note, can someone recommend the following to me? We will be in Speedwell so anyone in Harrogate, Middlesboro, Lafollette, Tazewell, etc., would be fine. I need to transfer our records down there. I also have to finish my hep B shots. THANK YOU!!!:) :luck:

FM or IM and a pediatrician
OB/GYN
rheumatologist

Slim pickings in Harrogate and Tazewell. I personally don't know of any in middlesboro or lafollete, but that is probably your best bet for looking.

2 bdrm apt. in Harrogate area near LMU, No pets. $350 mo + deposit. (423)869-4976. pd 4 c...from Cumberland Trading Post
Save ad
Email a Friend

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Where are you finding all this housing info?

Save ad
Email a Friend

Where are you finding all this housing info?

If someone were willing to give up some critters, our lives would get much easier...and cheaper, as we search for a place to live.

That new construction up by Norris sounds great...but makes us both commute 30minutes or more. I might have to look into it though.

Since we're looking to buy down closer to Knoxville, I might be in the market for a CHEAP rental for a place to stay up close to school a few nights a week, but that's very preliminary.

Hmm, anyone know where the Hickory Star Boat Dock is exactly?

I'm starting to get the feeling it's almost dumb to look for rental places already since I'm not moving down til July. Everything's either month to month or won't be available come July.

If someone were willing to give up some critters, our lives would get much easier...and cheaper, as we search for a place to live.

That new construction up by Norris sounds great...but makes us both commute 30minutes or more. I might have to look into it though.

Since we're looking to buy down closer to Knoxville, I might be in the market for a CHEAP rental for a place to stay up close to school a few nights a week, but that's very preliminary.

I will rent you a stall really cheap!;) :laugh:

Slim pickings in Harrogate and Tazewell. I personally don't know of any in middlesboro or lafollete, but that is probably your best bet for looking.

I am sure I can easily find everyone but the rheumatologist. There don't see to be a lot around. Maybe I should into rhuematology....:rolleyes: What about at the hospitals in Lafollette and Tazewell? Thanks!:)

Ya lost me here dmom.

LOL! Sorry. There are several ways to go from Knoxville to Harrogate. 75 is the highway. You get off of that at Jacksoboro and take 63 into Harrogate. That is the way that you go through Lafollette. We also drove 33 and 25 and while 33 is not bad, I thought it was an easier drive on 75 and 63. So, we had decided that somewhere off of 63 would be perfect. Amazingly enough, our realtor found the perfect house for us in the perfect location. :love: :love: :love:

I FOUND BABY PIGS FOR $35!!!!!!! LOL! :biglove: :biglove: (Don't worry, I am not buying one.):laugh:

WOW you really are a total HICK!!! The REDNECKS in Harrogate are gonna be like..."Wil ya lookie here Billy Bob, She a real readneck, lets not be seen with her!!!"

JK you know I love your hillbillie ways!!! haha:laugh:

Did anyone else with high MCAT (36S) get rejected from DCOM?

LOL! Sorry. There are several ways to go from Knoxville to Harrogate. 75 is the highway. You get off of that at Jacksoboro and take 63 into Harrogate. That is the way that you go through Lafollette. We also drove 33 and 25 and while 33 is not bad, I thought it was an easier drive on 75 and 63. So, we had decided that somewhere off of 63 would be perfect. Amazingly enough, our realtor found the perfect house for us in the perfect location. :love: :love: :love:

OK, that makes sense...I drove the I-75 North out of Knoxville and East on 63 route when we went for my interview. My hope is that highway 33 is similar to 63 in terms of quality. If it's close, I'm happy. New Tazewell/Tazewell will probably take a little time to get through, but can't take as long as it took me to get through Jacksboro/LaFollette.

With the job thing, i think this is the location we're going to be happiest with, and I'm keeping re-sale in mind too...so I hope Halls is the right decision.