This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shadowhuntingprincess

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I think everyone was hoping to find a place for us all to gather now that we know where we're headed so welcome to the place to meet your future classmates!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
I think everyone was hoping to find a place for us all to gather now that we know where we're headed so welcome to the place to meet your future classmates!
Is there a fb page that you know of?
I searched quite a bit and couldn’t find anything like that for any touro class
Thanks and see you in the fall.
Btw are you going to the second look day or whatever it’s called in March?

Last edited:
x

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
The group is named Medical Students of Southern Nevada, but no group for 2022 was created yet. I assume it will be created once all seats are filled. I believe you are referring to "acceptance day" as they call it, I'm still debating on whether to attend or not.
Cool thanks!
See you in the fall

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah, Touro seems to have a pretty minimal fb presence...I'm planning on going to Acceptance Day, if only because I need to head out at some time to check out apartments anyway. See you both in the fall :)

Hi all, I was accepted in Sept 17. Glad to see people are getting together about this. I won't be going to the acceptance day since the ticket price is pretty hard that week for whatever reason. If people are interested in talking about housing, we can create a Fb page for that?

Anyone know how big the class size is? Some people have said they increased the class size to 180 and some say over 200...

I remember they said they were looking to increase but not sure if that includes class of 2022 or not
I remember the acceptance letter said the same as what Mr President said ^

Hi everyone I was accepted yesterday! I think I'm going to Acceptance Day to look at housing as well

When I interviewed most students I talked to lived in houses for about $450-650 a month. Anyone thinking of doing that and looking for housemates?

Members don't see this ad :)
Current student here. The 180 figure I think is the closest to what the class size will be. Numbers I have heard bounced around are anywhere from 180-186. Updates are being worked on and are planned over the next few years with lecture halls, I think, planned over this next summer. Housing shouldn't be too hard to find if you give yourself a little bit of time. I found a leasing agent to help find some properties but I only had one weekend to look so most of them went pretty fast and weren't even available anymore but I got lucky with one. There are a few classmates at Remington Canyon Apartments off Gibson and American Pacific and the one I have been in was pretty decent on the inside. Moving in the middle of July was quite the experience but once we hit September the weather got much better. Enjoy the time you have now because once school started, we hit the ground running. Think we started on a Tuesday and had a midterm for biochem the next Thursday. Anyways, congrats on the acceptances and I'll glance on here when I get some extra free time and try and answer a few questions.

Reactions: 3 users
Any idea why they chose acceptance day to be so close to St. Patty's day? Pretty popular day in Las Vegas, which is why I bet the hotels and flights are so high... Still planning on attending acceptance day though. Looking forward to meeting those of you that attend!

Current student here. The 180 figure I think is the closest to what the class size will be. Numbers I have heard bounced around are anywhere from 180-186. Updates are being worked on and are planned over the next few years with lecture halls, I think, planned over this next summer. Housing shouldn't be too hard to find if you give yourself a little bit of time. I found a leasing agent to help find some properties but I only had one weekend to look so most of them went pretty fast and weren't even available anymore but I got lucky with one. There are a few classmates at Remington Canyon Apartments off Gibson and American Pacific and the one I have been in was pretty decent on the inside. Moving in the middle of July was quite the experience but once we hit September the weather got much better. Enjoy the time you have now because once school started, we hit the ground running. Think we started on a Tuesday and had a midterm for biochem the next Thursday. Anyways, congrats on the acceptances and I'll glance on here when I get some extra free time and try and answer a few questions.

Did you go to accepted students day back in your year? I'm debating going but it's too far if it's only like 10 people

Could you elaborate a little more about the pacing of the coursework? Would you say that you guys are constantly studying for an exam the next week, or are there a few breaks for weekends here and there?

Does anyone know if a facebook group will be made for us? I need to start looking for roommates! :) Getting excitedddd

Could you elaborate a little more about the pacing of the coursework? Would you say that you guys are constantly studying for an exam the next week, or are there a few breaks for weekends here and there?
Pacing was rough at first because we had a test the next week and when you look at the schedule it seems pretty overwhelming at first but everyone settles into their own pace. The first class, MCM, was a doozy but that's biochem for you and it's not my strength but finding a good group of people to study with has helped a ton. Weekends before exams are study all day but right after an exam people relax a little. I'm not sure how clear that was since everyone is different and maybe now I'm just conditioned with the workload that it doesn't seem impossible anymore like the first week. I do have some free time though.

Anyone know how acceptance day would be like and if it is worth going?

Is anyone planning on going out/exploring Henderson/Vegas afterwards? I don’t fly back until Saturday morning and would be up for whatever

Is anyone planning on going out/exploring Henderson/Vegas afterwards? I don’t fly back until Saturday morning and would be up for whatever
I'm going to be there to look at apartments through the weekend with my girlfriend and explore/whatever
It'd be great to hang out and get to know people

I got u b, I'd be down for a brawl crawl/buffet/anything really

edit: that should be bar crawl but I'd totally ve down for a brawl as well

what is everyone wearing to acceptance day?
I didn't see any guidelines, so i was assuming "good first impression yet comfortable, but not too dressy" aka smart casual

I just got accepted today and I am beyond excited. This is the offer I’ll be taking, can’t wait to meet you all! I am going to try to come out for acceptance day this Friday but it might be too short of notice :( When can I join the Facebook page :)

Anyone coming to acceptance day and wanna do something fun?

I won't be able to attend acceptance day but I'm also interested in a FB group.

what is everyone wearing to acceptance day?
I didn't see any guidelines, so i was assuming "good first impression yet comfortable, but not too dressy" aka smart casual
I asked on the facebook page and the response was “Professional casual/comfortable”

Did anyone else that went apartment hunting after acceptance day get the feeling that many of the apartment complexes were priced similarly, but some were significantly nicer and "more bang for your buck" than others? I'm working on compiling the info I found and am hoping to compare notes with the rest of the class. Thinking it would be kind of cool/convenient if we could get a bunch of us to live relatively close to facilitate multiple study groups. Thoughts?

Did anyone else that went apartment hunting after acceptance day get the feeling that many of the apartment complexes were priced similarly, but some were significantly nicer and "more bang for your buck" than others? I'm working on compiling the info I found and am hoping to compare notes with the rest of the class. Thinking it would be kind of cool/convenient if we could get a bunch of us to live relatively close to facilitate multiple study groups. Thoughts?
I'm doing the same thing!! I can help! Do you wanna do a google doc or something?

That sound like a good idea. I haven't gone apartment hunting yet but I'm interested in the information. I plan on going in about a month so I'm willing to check on things and gather additional information if needed.

Looks like the range of housing is like this for the two bedroom and plus apartments. I live near NYC so I may have lower standards than other commenters.

<400 per person is a bad apartment in Vegas, but a bad apartment in Vegas is still pretty nice.

400-600: Average housing in Vegas. More than comfortable. Safe. Lots of space. Probably a pool.

600<: Literally a resort

By Vegas I mean henderson btw

DJT is right... that's basically what it is. dimples, I'm down to google doc. I probably won't get back to organizing info until Monday or Tuesday night this week, but will keep you posted.

Just so everyone else is aware, these places for the most part require 60 days notice, so they won't know what their availability will be until May for July move in.

Here's a google doc with my notes about apartments I saw. If you saw a place that's not already on the list please add!

edit: for some reason it won't let me share it on the site, if you wanna take a look i'll pm it to you

If anyone on the thread wasn't aware, there is a facebook page for us now! So i think it would be easier to move this conversation over there! The name of it is TUNCOM DO2022 and then Chase Beal will accept your request. If your name on facebook doesn't match your real name, just message him. He added me within 24 hours!

hey, does anyone know what the daily schedule is of a student in Touro Nevada? How often will you be on campus? lectures etc?
are they mandatory?
expect 8-5 days then study?

I just wanted to check - is anyone else confused about their email? I want to make sure I don't miss anything, and I have a mild concern that I may be getting emails with important information in them that I don't know about yet. :eek:

I just wanted to check - is anyone else confused about their email? I want to make sure I don't miss anything, and I have a mild concern that I may be getting emails with important information in them that I don't know about yet. :eek:

Most recent email I got was about laptop requirements. Hope this helps

Most recent email I got was about laptop requirements. Hope this helps
I got that one, too, in my personal email.

I guess I should clarify - has anyone successfully set up and received emails at their Touro email address yet?

I got that one, too, in my personal email.

I guess I should clarify - has anyone successfully set up and received emails at their Touro email address yet?

Have they sent you instructions regarding how to set it up or access it? I thought all that was happening later/closer to orientation

Have they sent you instructions regarding how to set it up or access it? I thought all that was happening later/closer to orientation
Not yet. I just wasn't sure if I missed it.

They sure are taking their time! At least I'm not the only one who still hasn't received instructions yet. :)

Not yet. I just wasn't sure if I missed it.

They sure are taking their time! At least I'm not the only one who still hasn't received instructions yet. :)

I think we get student email during orientation, but i don't remember from who or from where I saw this (i want to say the FB group but idk)
either way, if it's important enough that they send us something that needs to be seen ASAP, i'm sure they would be on top of it and find a way to contact us
Hakuna Matata

Hey, this thread is probably dead but I'm having a difficult time finding the facebook group. Can anyone lend a hand?

I think if you have been accepted and paid your deposit you should have received an email telling you how to sign up. The page is only accessible to accepted students who have paid their deposit.

Oh and I got access to my touro email address at orientation

hey, does anyone know what the daily schedule is of a student in Touro Nevada? How often will you be on campus? lectures etc?
are they mandatory?
expect 8-5 days then study?

Non-mandatory lecture according to my boy steve french. I wouldn't have matriculated here otherwise tbh.

We are letter graded in preclincial unfortunately, but the dean himself told us nobody gives a **** about preclinical grades.