dec 1st...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr. Kulkarni

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey sdn'ers...

i just had a quick question regarding the 'dec 1st' acceptance notification. does this mean that if you interview before dec 1st, they will let you know if you got in or not by dec 1st? i'm just wondering because i have some interviews lined up and need to schedule a couple more but may need to cancel them if i find out that i get into one of my schools that i'm interviewing at before dec 1st. just wondering so that i know what to tell the other schools that i haven't interviewed with but that provided me with dates before dec 1st (don't want to waste money on plane tix/hotels/etc. if i don't have to!). any input would help.

thanks!

- kulkarni

Members don't see this ad.

December 1 is the first date on which the schools can officially notify applicants of their status.

Applicants may be told they are accepted, denied, or waitlisted, beginning December 1.

Schools are not allowed to tell you your status PRIOR to December 1 (which I believe is what your questions was about).

Is your question whether you will find out on the schools you have interviewed at on Dec. 1st? I don't believe that a school has to let you know on the 1st if they are still thinking and deciding on you but that is the date that they are allowed to send out acceptances. If you have already interviewed at your top choices I would wait until after Dec. 1st for the other interviews because you can save a lot of money by not going on interviewes that aren't needed.