Decent GPA, Low MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

preDOhopeful

Full Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello everyone!

I was hoping to gain some advice on applying to DO school this year. After getting a lower MCAT score than I was hoping, I am beginning to worry about applying this year. My stats are:
cGPA: 3.74
sGPA: 3.69
MCAT: 501

I have good (at least I hope) ECs such as working as an EMT, leading several clubs in college, several volunteer positions, being a student mentor, laboratory teaching assistant, and executive board of my sorority. My fear after seeing my MCAT is that I am no longer a competitive application for DO school and I do not want to spend all the application fee money if I don't stand a chance. Any advice on if I should push back my application a year and retake it or if I should go for it this year would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
 
Where is your state of residence ? You could receive interviews at these schools with your stats:
VCOM (all 4 schools)
CUSOM
PCOM (all schools)
LECOM (all schools)
MU-COM
UIWSOM
ARCOM
NYIT-AR
ACOM
WCU-COM
UP-KYCOM
WVSOM
 
Where is your state of residence ? You could receive interviews at these schools with your stats:
VCOM (all 4 schools)
CUSOM
PCOM (all schools)
LECOM (all schools)
MU-COM
UIWSOM
ARCOM
NYIT-AR
ACOM
WCU-COM
UP-KYCOM
WVSOM
Thank you so much for the reply and the list! My state of residence is Illinois.