delay a problem?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

skippytoo

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I hate to be so indecisive, but I'm still not sure whether to apply. I just recently found out about osteopathic medicine (December) and I feel like I should, instead of rushing around and applying, shadow a DO and explore this branch of medicine further. However, in the meantime, I am applying to a few allopathic schools at the advice of an advisor. Will an osteopathic school reject me if, when I do decide to apply, they find all of this out? I need some input bad!!!!!!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

what is your choise here. if you want to wait another year, don't apply any do schools this year. if you don't have time to wait, then apply some do schools now.

that is so obvious to me. and if you do apply, shadow with a do soon.

You didn't answer my question!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My question is, would you know if the osteo schools would hold it against me for not applying sooner when I found out about them and, instead, waiting a year to apply. Would they ask me and would they frown on what I just told you, that I needed time to explore osteo. medicine further. Would they take this to mean that I am unsure about applying to this branch of medicine?

Most admissions committees are well aware of the fact that there is a large number of applicants who apply to both MD and DO schools. If the admissions committee feels like you are going to be a good osteopathic physician. Go ahead and apply to the osteopathic schools while looking for a DO to shadow.