SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

denied by UK

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by nc_tradition, Mar 2, 2007.

1. nc_tradition

nc_tradition 2+ Year Member

Oct 12, 2006
    i just got the most depressing news ive gotten in a long while. i got an email saying i was denied for admission to uk. i interviewed last friday and felt very confident. they told us that there were 52 spots:( remaining between 110 people. i know i was in that top 52.

i know that the pcat hurt me which is bull****. bc i had a 3.74gpa and tons of activities and did well at interview. the pcat in no way shape or form reflects my determination, potential , or knowledge as a pharmacy student or how good of a pharmacist i will become.

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. jun99

jun99 2+ Year Member

Jan 30, 2007
    Sorry to hear that. Do you still have other options?

4. nc_tradition

Oct 12, 2006
    yea i have been accepted to samford and cincy, but UK was the top choice. im still waiting to hear back from pittsburgh, midwestern, and mercer

5. nc_tradition

Oct 12, 2006
    anyone else get denied today and if so what were your stats

6. Pheesh

Pheesh 2+ Year Member

Feb 25, 2007
    Denied by Campbell. No interview. Blah, whatever. My stats aren't that great.

One interview so far, guess I'll see in two months.

7. foroneaudience

foroneaudience Foroneaudience 7+ Year Member

Jul 31, 2006
    UK puts a lot of emphasis on the PCAT because they have so many applicants.

8. acetyl

acetyl 5+ Year Member

Mar 3, 2006
    Yep, last year the average was 86 for the PCAT, and as of the end of November UK had received 1056 applications. I know a few people on hold that have 90+ PCAT's and good grades.