Dental College of Georgia Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Just got an IS interview for September 20-21!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
You’d your interview go?
I felt like it went great. Really relaxed and laid back during both interviews. They do a good job at presenting the school (virtually of course) to you and answering anything and everything about the school.

Hey guys, good luck this cycle!
I’m a D4 and this school has a big culture issue regarding transparency b/t it’s students and deans. Please do your research by talk to current students about the issues we deal with here.
When you say issue regarding transparency what exactly do you mean by that?

Does anyone know if the interviews are blind interviews? Meaning they don't have our stats in hand during.

Does anyone know if the interviews are blind interviews? Meaning they don't have our stats in hand during.
They know everything about your application other than your GPA and DAT scores.

Members don't see this ad :)
Received an interview invite last Wednesday and have my interview this Thursday night/Friday. Interview tips are much appreciated :)

Has anyone had an interview invite recently, I submitted my supplemental application on October 4th and haven’t heard anything back

Has anyone had an interview invite recently, I submitted my supplemental application on October 4th and haven’t heard anything back

I received an invite on 10/7/20 and interviewed on 10/23/20. Are you IS or OOS? When was your AADSAS submitted? If I'm recalling correctly, wasn't the application due 9/30/20? I might be wrong on this.

I received an invite on 10/7/20 and interviewed on 10/23/20. Are you IS or OOS? When was your AADSAS submitted? If I'm recalling correctly, wasn't the application due 9/30/20? I might be wrong on this.

Im an in state student and i submitted my application on September 27th , then received a supplemental application through email which i submitted on October 4th. Since then i havent got any follow up emails and my status on aadsas says its just still under review. Is there a deadline that passes where they are no longer giving out interview invites?

I am OOS with avg stats so that might be a factor for me, but I submitted my app around mid august as well as the supplemental and have not heard a word. I wish I knew if they were wrapping up with pre-dec interviews

Just got a rejection - OOS! Good luck to all who interviewed and I wish you all the best!

We interviewed on the same day :)

Anyone else get an email this morning wishing happy holidays?

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone else get an email this morning wishing happy holidays?
Yup, got the wishes! Have you also received m&ms saying "DCG" and "Future Dentist", a fan, and a strange card looking thingy recently? I'm hoping it's a good sign! 🤞

Yup, got the wishes! Have you also received m&ms saying "DCG" and "Future Dentist", a fan, and a strange card looking thingy recently? I'm hoping it's a good sign! 🤞
No 😐 at least not yet 😬
Last year they sent personalized thank you cards to everyone they interviewed. I hope what you received was a good sign! The 15th is right around the corner!

Reactions: 1 users
Yes! And the card looking thing you’re talking about is sort of like a flash drive I just can’t remember the proper name. I thought everyone got this though! I also got a personalized thank you card as well!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Anyone know around what time DCG will begin calling?

Same here. Did you ever figure out what the "strange card looking thingy" is? My roommates and I could not figure it out

Anyone know around what time DCG will begin calling?
I thought I remembered Dr. Messer saying she got to her office around 8 that morning and started calling. She did make a point to say that they are respectful of our time and will not start calling at midnight or in the middle of the night.

Same here. Did you ever figure out what the "strange card looking thingy" is? My roommates and I could not figure it out
It’s like a little micro flash card. There’s a part that folds out that you can plug into a computer for storage.

Did anyone’s status changed on aadsass.
Just asking since last year some people mentioned that their status changed couple of days before December 2nd

Hi future dentists!

Congratulations on making it this far and good luck with acceptances. I am a current student at DCG and wish I had gone elsewhere. Here are a few things that have molded that opinion year by year:

D1: Expect an incredible lack of communication from faculty. The current D1s had a practical this year where they were told to prepare for a class 5 filling (easy) and were given a class 1 filling (much harder) on the practical. Students practiced the class 5 in their own time and when presented with the class 1 were told to “deal with it” from faculty. Faculty never apologized or rectified grades. This caused many students to go down a letter grade.

D2: Probably the hardest year of dental school. Often times students are so overloaded with work that we go into practicals without the opportunity to practice. During your fixed class (Crowns) you will receive a rubric with some standard metrics. However when questioning a grade received faculty will state subjective comments unrelated to the metrics on the rubric.

D3: Many other schools have administration arrange patients and appointments. Here at DCG that is the students job. During interviews they state that as a positive aspect but ask any DCG student…it is a hassle. Also the patient population in Augusta is abysmal.

D4: This year we are being told that we might not graduate on time because of unfulfilled requirements. DCG’s requirements for graduation far exceed that of any other dental school (# of crowns, fillings, dentures, etc.) yet they want to keep us an extra few months.

Overall:

Expect a couple classes each semester centered around ethics or research where teachers ramble on for hours where you could be spending your time in the lab or concentrating on didactic classes. These classes give busy work and take away from meaningful study.

Most of your professors are either ex-military or foreign so expect hard asses and professors you can’t understand.

A few notable incidences over the years:

A current faculty member had an affair with a student. That student has since transferred elsewhere.

A current student is suing the school because during their D1 year they were told that they passed Waxing during the fall semester. They proceeded to complete the spring semester. Before starting their D2 year faculty revoked their passing grade and made them retake and repay the D1 year.

The Dean has been under incredible scrutiny for her leadership and toxic environment as detailed in the article below (WRITTEN BY THE SCHOOL NEWSPAPER). Unfortunately no one will stand up to her because she has fired everyone she doesn’t like.
‘An ongoing, egregious misuse of power,’ former dental college faculty come forward about retaliation and racial bias from dental school leadership

If you come here you will graduate a good dentist. You will also incur stresses that are not necessary and not present at other institutions. I post this not to tear down the institution but in hopes that it gets better. This is the general sentiment of most students here.

Lastly, Augusta as a city is known as the armpit of Georgia for a reason. This may be the reason for lack of desirable faculty, who knows.

Best of luck to you all.

Last edited:
Hi future dentists!

Congratulations on making it this far and good luck with acceptances. I am a current student at DCG and wish I had gone elsewhere. Here are a few things that have molded that opinion year by year:

D1: Expect an incredible lack of communication from faculty. The current D1s had a practical this year where they were told to prepare for a class 5 filling (easy) and were given a class 1 filling (much harder) on the practical. Students practiced the class 5 in their own time and when presented with the class 1 were told to “deal with it” from faculty. Faculty never apologized or rectified grades. This caused many students to go down a letter grade.

D2: Probably the hardest year of dental school. Often times students are so overloaded with work that we go into practicals without the opportunity to practice. During your fixed class (Crowns) you will receive a rubric with some standard metrics. However when questioning a grade received faculty will state subjective comments unrelated to the metrics on the rubric.

D3: Many other schools have administration arrange patients and appointments. Here at DCG that is the students job. During interviews they state that as a positive aspect but ask any DCG student…it is a hassle. Also the patient population is Augusta is abysmal.

D4: This year we are being told that we might not graduate on time because of unfulfilled requirements. DCG’s requirements for graduation far exceed that of any other dental school (# of crowns, fillings, dentures, etc.) yet they want to keep us an extra few months.

Overall:

Expect a couple classes each semester centered around ethics or research where teachers ramble on for hours where you could be spending your time in the lab or concentrating on didactic classes. These classes give busy work and take away from meaningful study.

Most of your professors are either ex-military or foreign so expect hard asses and professors you can’t understand.

A current faculty member had an affair with a student. That student has since transferred elsewhere.

A current student is suing the school because during their D1 year they were told that they passed Waxing during the fall semester. They proceeded to complete the spring semester. Before starting their D2 year faculty revoked their passing grade and made them retake and repay the D1 year.

The Dean has been under incredible scrutiny for her leadership and toxic environment as detailed in the article below (WRITTEN BY THE SCHOOL NEWSPAPER). Unfortunately no one will stand up to her because she has fired everyone she doesn’t like.
‘An ongoing, egregious misuse of power,’ former dental college faculty come forward about retaliation and racial bias from dental school leadership

If you come here you will graduate a good dentist. You will also incur stresses that are not necessary and not present at other institutions. I post this not to tear down the institution but in hopes that it gets better. This is the general sentiment of most students here.

Lastly, Augusta as a city is known as the armpit of Georgia for a reason. This may be the reason for lack of desirable faculty, who knows.

Best of luck to you all.
Hi, thanks for the informative post! If I could ask you, what are the specific numbers for each procedure required to complete clinical requirements—are the number of procedures flexible in any way or mostly invariable?

Hi future dentists!

D3: Many other schools have administration arrange patients and appointments. Here at DCG that is the students job. During interviews they state that as a positive aspect but ask any DCG student…it is a hassle. Also the patient population is Augusta is abysmal.

Overall:

Best of luck to you all.
Hey all,
Congrats on your success! DCG did the best they could with this pandemic in my opinion. There is a ton of moving parts and inevitably there will be some issues. I am the D1 president and we will be helping you guys out early on to alleviate any stressful situations. Dental school is tough, but you 100% can get through it!! See you in the fall, and feel free to reach out if you have any issues!
-Robert London

Hey all,
Congrats on your success! DCG did the best they could with this pandemic in my opinion. There is a ton of moving parts and inevitably there will be some issues. I am the D1 president and we will be helping you guys out early on to alleviate any stressful situations. Dental school is tough, but you 100% can get through it!! See you in the fall, and feel free to reach out if you have any issues!
-Robert London
Hi Robert,
Best of luck to you in the coming years. With all due respect only one aspect of my post was a consequence of Covid. Prospective students should not be held in the dark to aspects of the school when administration is unwilling to change.

Reactions: 1 users
Can't believe I'm typing this but I GOT IN!!!!!!!! :) OOS! So excited and beyond thrilled