Dental Decks Part 1 2011?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zazu537

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm looking to purchase dental decks part 1 and noticed that they are 2009-2010. Is there going to be a newer one released this year for 2011?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey iam seling my dental decks 2010 they r still as brand new ,also iam selling some other materials, example ,brs physiology ,biochemstry book..etc

hey i want nbde part 2 dental decks 2011 and mosbys...
any1 has it o noe where can i get it from??. can u please msg me..

Members don't see this ad :)
Do u think there is going to me abig difference in the newer decks????

I'm sure decks corp have a better idea about the newer exam pattern by now and might have some additions probably in the clinical testlets section.... coz thats the 1 that has changed from the previous exam patterns. There wasnt much difference in the rest of the decks from the 2009-2010 edition and the one's before that....Still 2010 decks is far better than any before that. So, i dont know what to expect with the rest of the decks. I just got the 2010 decks a couple of months ago.... I dont know what I'm going to do if they have some major changes in the newer edition...and I hope people can give a review about the newer one as soon as its released....
its a good thing if decks corp can help us with more info on topics and exam with the changes (if any) but its not good on my pocket if I decide to buy it for any reason.
what do u think?

Last edited:
I'm sure decks corp have a better idea about the newer exam pattern by now and might have some additions probably in the clinical testlets section.... coz thats the 1 that has changed from the previous exam patterns. There wasnt much difference in the rest of the decks from the 2009-2010 edition and the one's before that....Still 2010 decks is far better than any before that. So, i dont know what to expect with the rest of the decks. I just got the 2010 decks a couple of months ago.... I dont know what I'm going to do if they have some major changes in the newer edition...and I hope people can give a review about the newer one as soon as its released....
its a good thing if decks corp can help us with more info on topics and exam with the changes (if any) but its not good on my pocket if I decide to buy it for any reason
what do u think?
I totally agree with u..:thumbdown:thumbup:

Hey iam seling my dental decks 2010 they r still as brand new ,also iam selling some other materials, example ,brs physiology ,biochemstry book..etc
Do u have this dental ethics and patient management ????cos l heard that they r separate decks and l don't have that Part????

its a good thing if decks corp can help us with more info on topics and exam with the changes (if any) but its not good on my pocket if I decide to buy it for any reason.
what do u think?

I decided just to wait till the new decks come out - but mainly because I don't really need them for another month or so (I'm taking part 1 this summer). I don't think there will be a huge difference to be honest - on the website they post any corrections that were made after the printing of the decks, so you may want to check that out for your version you have now.

Does anyone have experience with Kaplan Qbank? I'm thinking of using it for the last month of studying... but it's over $100. I used only Kaplan to study for the DATs and ended up doing well, so it may be worth the money.

Oh also, my school recently told me that if you purchase dental decks as a group you can get a discount - not sure how much the discount is - but when you're living on school loans any little bit helps.

Hey dentdock,well yes i did get my results in dec. its was in mid 80s ,,,anyway if someone interested in buyin these materials,like dekcs 2010,mosby,dental brd buster which is an awsome book and others pls do let me know !
[email protected]

Hi!

I'm thinking to wait for the new desks too.
How about we try to get together for a group discount? Anyone else out there think this a good idea?

Sorry, I don't have any experience on Kaplan yet.

I decided just to wait till the new decks come out - but mainly because I don't really need them for another month or so (I'm taking part 1 this summer). I don't think there will be a huge difference to be honest - on the website they post any corrections that were made after the printing of the decks, so you may want to check that out for your version you have now.

Does anyone have experience with Kaplan Qbank? I'm thinking of using it for the last month of studying... but it's over $100. I used only Kaplan to study for the DATs and ended up doing well, so it may be worth the money.

Oh also, my school recently told me that if you purchase dental decks as a group you can get a discount - not sure how much the discount is - but when you're living on school loans any little bit helps.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone,
I'm also interested in getting the 2013 decks for part 1. I think the group discount idea is fantastic & would like to be part of it. I plan on writting part 1 exam in Oct 2011.

Hi!

I'm thinking to wait for the new desks too.
How about we try to get together for a group discount? Anyone else out there think this a good idea?

Sorry, I don't have any experience on Kaplan yet.

count me in...!

Hi everyone,
I'm also interested in getting the 2013 decks for part 1. I think the group discount idea is fantastic & would like to be part of it. I plan on writting part 1 exam in Oct 2011.
Hi Guys....
Count me in too....if anyone is interested in the group discount i want to be in this group...for newer nbde 1 decks....:)...I m also giving part 1 in oct2011

Hey everyone! I would be willing to sell last years decks for $150 including shipping if anyone is interested. I got an 87 on NBDE Part I in late January studying from these decks and my notes from class.... I also have the a brand new Board Busters book that I looked at for an hour and decided I didn't like studying from it. Will sell that for $100. PM me if you are interested in either of these or both.

Have any of u bought the newer decks? I called the decks corp today, and the lady said, they have made quite some changes in the newer one like - included new topics and added more info to the previous topics, the test-let book is totally new etc. But she suggested, that, I shouldn't bother buying the new one if I'm planning to take the test this yr but would recommend it if I were to take the test sometime next yr. That kind a confused me:confused:.
Can somebody plz post a review on the new decks if u have bought it?

Have any of u bought the newer decks? I called the decks corp today, and the lady said, they have made quite some changes in the newer one like - included new topics and added more info to the previous topics, the test-let book is totally new etc. But she suggested, that, I shouldn't bother buying the new one if I'm planning to take the test this yr but would recommend it if I were to take the test sometime next yr. That kind a confused me:confused:.

I have deck 2006 -2007,can any one tell me wahat is the difference between this and 2010 version any thing new.Should i buy new one,and also pls let me know about dental ethics and pt. management decks where do I buy them.:)

hi ppl.. hv u guyz alredy orderd 4 decks 2013.. evni want it.. if u hv alredy bkd.. lt me knw plz.. n if nt then i am in too... for the group discount..

I have deck 2006 -2007,can any one tell me wahat is the difference between this and 2010 version any thing new.Should i buy new one,and also pls let me know about dental ethics and pt. management decks where do I buy them.:)

There isn't a lot of difference b/w the 2006-2007 and the 2009-2010 decks. Most of the questions & the explanation at the back of the card is word to word. Some/very little extra info here and there, ethics and pt management section, test-let book-10 cases(clinical vignette) and lots of extra colored pic cards are the only difference I see.
Ethics and pt management section is included in the 2009-2010 decks. I don't know if u can buy them separately. New 2012-2013 decks has just been released. They claim, they have edited some & included some extra topics and have new test-let cases in the newer one but the # of cards are pretty much the same.

There isn't a lot of difference b/w the 2006-2007 and the 2009-2010 decks. Most of the questions & the explanation at the back of the card is word to word. Some/very little extra info here and there, ethics and pt management section, test-let book-10 cases(clinical vignette) and lots of extra colored pic cards are the only difference I see.
Ethics and pt management section is included in the 2009-2010 decks. I don't know if u can buy them separately. New 2012-2013 decks has just been released. They claim, they have edited some & included some extra topics and have new test-let cases in the newer one but the # of cards are pretty much the same.

Thanks DentDoc10 for the helpful information on '13 decks!

Thanks DentDoc10 for the helpful information on '13 decks!
thanks and God bless u dentdoc10 for info. Its really helpful.I`ll go ahead and order newer decks.lets see what they have come up with.I`ll let everyone know the difference once i get them.meanwhile let me do the kaplan.:)

thanks and God bless u dentdoc10 for info. Its really helpful.I`ll go ahead and order newer decks.lets see what they have come up with.I`ll let everyone know the difference once i get them.meanwhile let me do the kaplan.:)

Hi! I was wondering if you have found the 2013 decks to be much different from the 2009-2010 decks?

Thanks so much!

...hmmm that confuses me too. On their site, only the 2012-13 version is available. I've emailed them about this, but I have yet to receive a reply...

Hi,

I am selling my Part 1 Study material

Dental Decks 2009 - 2010 60$ + Shipping
Kaplan 2010 Lecture Notes 50$ + Shipping
USMLE FIRST AID 2009 15$ + Shipping
NDBE Part Secrets 15$ + Shipping
NDBE First Aid Q and A 15$ + shipping
Mosby NDBE review 2009 15$ + Shipping

Contact me at [email protected]

Cheers!

Anyone interested in Part 1, books ( Lipincott biochenistry,Mosby,First Aid Q&A,2007 Dental Deck and more ). You could e.mail. me [email protected]
Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.