• Please review the updated member agreement. Included is a new statement supporting the scientific method and evidence-based medicine. Claims or statements about disease processes should reference widely accepted scientific resources. Theoretical medical speculation is encouraged as part of the overall scientific process. However, unscientific statements that promote unfounded ideological positions or agendas may be removed.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nate98

10+ Year Member
Dec 31, 2008
Status
Greetings,

I am just a regular guy teaching myself about dental care so I wanted to ask a few questions to the experts about it. I am also poor and have no insurance and can't afford to get fillings and regularly go to the dentist.

I found this forum when I did a Google search for "does enamel grow back" and I came upon this interesting thread: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=266881

Question 1: What commercial toothpaste is known to be the best at re-mineralizing enamel? There are countless different brands and types of toothpaste out there so I can never know. Also, what types of minerals will regenerate the enamel? What types of foods would be best at obtaining these minerals?

Question 2: I plan on joining the Navy and I hear that they give out dental insurance. Does this mean I can get free dental work? Would I also be able to get cosmetic dental services in the Navy as well?

I haven't been to the dentist in 6 years and I know that my teeth are becoming "translucent", which means my enamel is weakening (because I never took care of them years ago when I was a kid).

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
About the Ads