Dental Questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nate98

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Greetings,

I am just a regular guy teaching myself about dental care so I wanted to ask a few questions to the experts about it. I am also poor and have no insurance and can't afford to get fillings and regularly go to the dentist.

I found this forum when I did a Google search for "does enamel grow back" and I came upon this interesting thread: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=266881

Question 1: What commercial toothpaste is known to be the best at re-mineralizing enamel? There are countless different brands and types of toothpaste out there so I can never know. Also, what types of minerals will regenerate the enamel? What types of foods would be best at obtaining these minerals?

Question 2: I plan on joining the Navy and I hear that they give out dental insurance. Does this mean I can get free dental work? Would I also be able to get cosmetic dental services in the Navy as well?

I haven't been to the dentist in 6 years and I know that my teeth are becoming "translucent", which means my enamel is weakening (because I never took care of them years ago when I was a kid).

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Status
Not open for further replies.