Dental Rank 4 US best jobs of 2019!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

REACHOn

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Software developer tops list of U.S. News & World Report's annual best jobs rankings

According to U.S News ranking dentistry is now rank at #4 :( It was #2 in 2018 and #1 the years before. What do you guys feel about that? With how expensive dental school has become is that affecting your decision to go to dental school? Just wanted to hear what people have to say. Concerns, thoughts, rants, all is welcome.

Members don't see this ad.

Bogus ranking, along with their top lists of schools

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
The methodology on this one DID NOT include cost of eduation.

Reactions: 1 user
Applying to software developer school this cycle as non traditional applicant.

Reactions: 2 users
Good. I hated seeing dentist ranked number one on that freaking list every year.

Reactions: 9 users

Ranking are always subject to bias. Ranks are only true if you believe they are so if he/she thinks it's bogus I can respect that but there are tons of people that take rankings for exact evidence and that I think is bogus. There are some truth to it but we have to think for ourselves and not follow blindly to what a chart/table is telling us. I do hope this attention can cause people to focus on making dentistry number one again :)

Reactions: 1 user
The methodology on this one DID NOT include cost of eduation.

They did state what they ranked the jobs based on (stress levels, job projections, unemployment, etc) :)

Now that it is 4th it is a good time to lower tuition cost please.... :)