Dental school Biochem and undergrad Biochem

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

blankguy

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those of you that have taken biochemistry undergrad.
What is the difference between the two in what is covered? The differences in the treatment of the subject.

I also have the same question pertaining to anatomy and physiology.

Members don't see this ad.

I think the first year biochem is very similar to the undergraduate biochem materials, many materials that are being covered in DS1 are stuff that I have learned in my basic and advance biochem courses (from protein binding to clinical biochemistry - mind you that I am a biochem major). Even the biochem textbook that one of the dental school uses is identical to the one that I've used in my first year biochem course (just different edition).

Originally posted by The Musketeer
I think the first year biochem is very similar to the undergraduate biochem materials, many materials that are being covered in DS1 are stuff that I have learned in my basic and advance biochem courses (from protein binding to clinical biochemistry - mind you that I am a biochem major). Even the biochem textbook that one of the dental school uses is identical to the one that I've used in my first year biochem course (just different edition).

You mean the introductory Biochem course or the upper level Biochem course? What is the difference in the subject area that they stress or emphasize?

Members don't see this ad :)
For us the courses were all the same. Like the previous poster mentioned, we utilize the same biochemistry book, anatomy book, and same physiology book as my undergrad did.

Originally posted by ItsGavinC
For us the courses were all the same. Like the previous poster mentioned, we utilize the same biochemistry book, anatomy book, and same physiology book as my undergrad did.

Is the material that they cover for biochemistry drawn from two semester undergrad sequence or just one semester biochem course?