Dental School Interview Mess-Ups 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ASPEN'S NIGHTMARE

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been reading through previous interview mess-up threads and thought they were really funny + good learning material. Definitely changed how I view/ interpret some of the questions they ask/ why they ask them + opened my mind up a bit to more perspectives.

With that being said, I'm sure many of us have said some stupid things this cycle that we regret as well. I know I have! :rofl::bang:

IF you have already been accepted or rejected from a school, or are already in dental school, please share your mess ups! haha

PLEASE DO NOT SHARE your stories if you are currently waitlisted. I don't want anyone to be recognized and have it hurt their chances!

I'm waitlisted at all the schools I've interviewed at rn so I can't share any myself, but I'll come back and add them once I've been accepted or when this cycle ends :)

Members don't see this ad.

Interviewer: “Hi, my-“
Me: “It was the year 1999, when my parents trudged through the Sahara, barefoot, with a child tightly wrapped on my mother’s back. That child was me. My mother always tells me my first words were ‘improve oral health of underserved’.
This is my destiny.”

• Haha
Reactions: 16 users
Me: “It was the year 1999, when my parents trudged through the Sahara, barefoot, with a child tightly wrapped on my mother’s back. That child was me. My mother always tells me my first words were ‘improve oral health of underserved’.
This is my destiny.”
looooool i did something like that. Guess it worked because I got into all my schools I interviewed at. But don't do that guys! haha wouldn't do that again.

This is my destiny.”
Best comment I’ve seen on SDN lol