Dental School Tuition

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DATDude292

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi folks,

If i attend dental school as non-resident first year, will i be classified as resident and pay resident tuition for second, third, and fourth years? Since I stay for 1 year and qualify to be a resident?

Thanks a lot

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi folks,

If i attend dental school as non-resident first year, will i be classified as resident and pay resident tuition for second, third, and fourth years? Since I stay for 1 year and qualify to be a resident?

Thanks a lot

For every school, first year is non-resident. After the second year, it depends on the school.

Reactions: 2 users
Hi folks,

Thanks a lot

This absolutely depends on the individual school and whether you are able to meet the residency requirements in your state. Short answer: maybe.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the verification guys.
Any chance of having a list of what school will give you residency after one year?

Thanks A bunch !!!

UNLV also lets you get in-state after the first year. OHSU does not let you ever get in-state tuition if you started out of state.

I've heard from someone attending Maryland (OOS) that to get in-state residency you have to prove that you intend to stay in MD after graduation (job/family etc). I.e. You are not just there getting your dental degree.

Does anyone have any other experience of how it works otherwise?

Check out Scumbag Steve's guide in the stickies...it has a list of schools giving IS after D1.

Reactions: 5 users
Check out Scumbag Steve's guide in the stickies...it has a list of schools giving IS after D1.
Do you know where to find it exactly? sorry, im kinda new to the forum.

Appreciate it much :)

Thanks a lot guys, I found the list and appreciate all the answers :)
Best of luck

Reactions: 2 users