Dermatoscope phone adaptor

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kplaker

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had experience with Dermlite phone adaptors to take pictures? I was thinking of purchasing one for my fiance prior to starting her derm residency, but not sure how useful they are. Thanks for any recommendations!

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone had experience with Dermlite phone adaptors to take pictures? I was thinking of purchasing one for my fiance prior to starting her derm residency, but not sure how useful they are. Thanks for any recommendations!

Use mine everyday! (At least when I actually did skin checks in non Covid times). It’s amazing. Only annoying part is you have to buy a new one whenever you upgrade your phone. The adjustable one is a hassle.

Reactions: 1 user
The one I had was total cheapo and broke after a few months of using it. And I believe it cost about $35 or $40 bucks (super overpriced for a glorified phone cover imo).

However, I did find it useful. I will probably get another one in the future from them just because they seem to be the only main game in town.

Reactions: 1 user

I think they're helpful but you may want to wait and see what her program offers and requires.

My program actually purchased individual dermlites for us for clinic use.

However, they also required that we use the clinic's fancy DSLR with dermoscopy setup when it came to actually taking photos for conference / publications / etc (to be fair, this was in the dark ages of cell phone photography)

Reactions: 1 users