Desk chair recommendation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medicineisforme

Reaction score
I'm looking for a desk chair that fits within the following criteria.

- comfortable
- gives decent back support
- under $250 max
- pref no arms like a reg office chair has
- not dog ugly (office style) because will be in a bedroom and prefer something a little more aesthetically pleasing

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
get a recliner, never look back.
Avoid the herman miller aerons.

i went to staples and office depot and sat in every chair until i found one i liked. i would recommend doing that.

Members don't see this ad :)
Gamer/racing chair has served me well the past 3 years

Gamer/racing chair has served me well the past 3 years

Just bought one. Really hoping it's worth it because my butt-ocks are killing me

Why avoid the herman millers? Those are some of the most comfortable chairs I have sat in
I am not sure about the others, but the aeron in particular is not very comfortable or ergonomic.

I'd prefer not running around everywhere trying out chairs cuz of covid and the staples type stores only have like "real" office chairs - I'd like something slightly more aesthetically pleasing than that.
I have a reg desk and need a comfortable chair that I can use for it since this fall I'm going to be doing college from home

I had a kneeling chair from amazon. loved it in my home office.

I'd prefer not running around everywhere trying out chairs cuz of covid and the staples type stores only have like "real" office chairs - I'd like something slightly more aesthetically pleasing than that.
I have a reg desk and need a comfortable chair that I can use for it since this fall I'm going to be doing college from home
Aesthetically pleasing , comfy ,sub 250. Pick two.

A lot of people swear by the IKEA Markus. It’s $200, comfy, and not as ugly as most office chairs. If you want something more aesthetically pleasing you’ll probably have to sacrifice comfort, but they have some nice chairs on Wayfair

I think what's getting to me mostly is the very high back chairs (don't want it too short though) and the wheels. Both of these transform my room from a nice relaxing bedroom to a cramped cluttered mess with no space. I already have a lot of furniture for the size of my room and adding a full sized office chair will most definitely not help things.
Sorry I know I'm being impossible here :/

I think what's getting to me mostly is the very high back chairs (don't want it too short though) and the wheels. Both of these transform my room from a nice relaxing bedroom to a cramped cluttered mess with no space. I already have a lot of furniture for the size of my room and adding a full sized office chair will most definitely not help things.
Sorry I know I'm being impossible here :/
Or maybe something in a lighter color would help.