DESPERATE. FAILED NAPLEX 3 TIMES

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

abrph

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello.

I'm posting this thread because I desperately need help. I have failed the Naplex 3 times, in the process I have not only lost my residency position but I have lost all confidence with in my self. But most of all I've hurt those in my family who depend on me.

The first time I took the exam I had been studying for over a month 12 hours a day using RXprep videos, book and test banks. I felt that I had issues with the calculations portion and ran out of time, I missed over 50 questions and received a score of 69.

The second time I took the exam, I used the same resources of rxprep but tried to focus more on calculations ( even though I felt they were extremely easily compared to the exam I received before, I completed both the book calculation and the quizzes). During this time I also felt extremely overwhelmed with residency between the pressures of passing the exam to keep my position, working 12 hour shifts and being forced by administration to take the exam as soon as possible leaving me little time to review. I received a score of 72.

By the third time I had already lost my residency position, this time around I was able to pass my MPJE but still failed the NAPLEX with a score of 72 (again). For this exam I used pronto pass math flash cards, read RXPREP book with quizzes, SDN 120 questions, and other outline/summary resources on SDN. During the exam I felt confident with the math portion . To say I am devastated at where I am with my career and life is an understatement, especially after working so hard with keeping my GPA up during pharmacy school, being an executive members of organizations and working to be left in this situation.

My state allows me to take the NAPLEX up to 5 times, leaving me with 2 more chances to pass. At this point I do not know what other resources to use, nor do I know which areas I am failing in because I do know the knowledge ( not sure if I am overthinking, anxiety or lack of confidence from the past exams). Clearly I need to do something different in order to pass I was thinking of using high-yield pharmacy or pass Naplex now, but they are on the pricey side. I am not sure if they are worth the expense since I keep reading that everyone does well with rxprep(not sure if to use this source again for a 4th time). If any one has suggestions on which products to use or any different study habits or any advice in general is greatly appreciate.

I am willing to do or use anything to pass this exam, again I am open to all suggestions

Thank you for listening.

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Hello.

I'm posting this thread because I desperately need help. I have failed the Naplex 3 times, in the process I have not only lost my residency position but I have lost all confidence with in my self. But most of all I've hurt those in my family who depend on me.

The first time I took the exam I had been studying for over a month 12 hours a day using RXprep videos, book and test banks. I felt that I had issues with the calculations portion and ran out of time, I missed over 50 questions and received a score of 69.

The second time I took the exam, I used the same resources of rxprep but tried to focus more on calculations ( even though I felt they were extremely easily compared to the exam I received before, I completed both the book calculation and the quizzes). During this time I also felt extremely overwhelmed with residency between the pressures of passing the exam to keep my position, working 12 hour shifts and being forced by administration to take the exam as soon as possible leaving me little time to review. I received a score of 72.

By the third time I had already lost my residency position, this time around I was able to pass my MPJE but still failed the NAPLEX with a score of 72 (again). For this exam I used pronto pass math flash cards, read RXPREP book with quizzes, SDN 120 questions, and other outline/summary resources on SDN. During the exam I felt confident with the math portion . To say I am devastated at where I am with my career and life is an understatement, especially after working so hard with keeping my GPA up during pharmacy school, being an executive members of organizations and working to be left in this situation.

My state allows me to take the NAPLEX up to 5 times, leaving me with 2 more chances to pass. At this point I do not know what other resources to use, nor do I know which areas I am failing in because I do know the knowledge ( not sure if I am overthinking, anxiety or lack of confidence from the past exams). Clearly I need to do something different in order to pass I was thinking of using high-yield pharmacy or pass Naplex now, but they are on the pricey side. I am not sure if they are worth the expense since I keep reading that everyone does well with rxprep(not sure if to use this source again for a 4th time). If any one has suggestions on which products to use or any different study habits or any advice in general is greatly appreciate.

I am willing to do or use anything to pass this exam, again I am open to all suggestions

Thank you for listening.

What school do you go to? They should have extra resources to help you prepare.

If you originally had gotten into a residency program then it must mean you had good grades and interviewed well.

If you had good grades, how are you doing so poorly on the exam? Naplex usually was heavily math weighted no matter what. Now, I think the points are even, but math is still a big portion of the exam.

Honestly, I had a 2.2 GPA in pharm school and still got 108 on naplex. Maybe the post above me is right. What school did you go to? Greedy schools who take on any student are notorious for having students with inflated grades but lower passing exam results.

Naplex is also a MINIMUM competency exam. If you are not getting the math questions right, then how can you expect to get something right when a md calls you and wants 1000 mg of a drug stat. It comes in 50 mg per ml and the bag is 250 ml with 25 ml of overfill: how much volume do you need? Is said drug safe to IV push or dilute in ns or d5? Are you going to spend 30 min thinking it through when a pharmacist does it in seconds?

Sorry if I'm being rough, but you have to be able to understand that naplex was not designed to be hard. It has a high pass rate. You have to see what you are doing wrong or reading incorrectly and fix that behavior. To pass you need 75 of 150 points. That 50% of exam points to pass. That's even easier than any pharmacy school exam ever if you think about it. If I got 50% and it still was passing, I'd be happy.

Reactions: 4 users
I agree with the posts above.
I would recommend you stop spending so much time studying (12 hours a day for over a month? seriously?…) and do more TIMED practice tests. You need to work on your test taking skills because you're guaranteed to miss points if you run out of time and try to speed through them.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you all for your quick responses, and for taking the time to respond with such detail. Don't be sorry if you have stated "for being rough", it's your opinion everyone has one. Doesn't mean your right or wrong it's just an opinion.

To the comment of "Are you going to spend 30 min thinking it through when a pharmacist does it in seconds? " I would have to disagree, the knowledge compatibility of ALL IV medications (not certain well known) comes with experience of medication entry as a pharmacist, not knowledge from just graduating from a Pharmacy school (unless I'm wrong and other schools are teaching this). The school I went to was Mercer.

I do have experience of mixing IV medications, since I have been a tech for over 10 years so I do understand terms such as overfill and calculating doses when needed. So you can understand where my frustration lies of not passing.

I do agree with you that I do need to change my study habits, taking timed tests, and that's where I was hoping to receive some advice from this forum.Whether to invest in another company rather than RXprep where they might give better test taking advice, since clearly that is where I am having issues.
Obviously my other habits of studying 12 hour days from 8am -8pm were overwhelming and just caused fatigued.

Thank you again

You need to sleep very well the night before. Take chelated Magnesium 2 tabs at bedtime. I like Drs Best. You need to clean up your diet. You need to start walking 30 minutes a day, if that's too easy to light weights, if you want to start the couch to 5k program (google it) nows a good time to start. If thats too rough use a 30 day Yoga with Adrienne challenge. You need to start practicing clearing your mind, you can try some free youtube videos but I like Headspace.

Day of: Slow burning carbs like oatmeal and a banana right before. Drink a ton of water the night before and on the way there.

You do not have a being smart issue. You have a test taking issue. You have a confidence issue. And you have an overcommitment issue. Everything you are saying yes to is basically saying no to something else. You need to write down your priorities and stick with them.

Reactions: 3 users
You need to sleep very well the night before. Take chelated Magnesium 2 tabs at bedtime. I like Drs Best. You need to clean up your diet. You need to start walking 30 minutes a day, if that's too easy to light weights, if you want to start the couch to 5k program (google it) nows a good time to start. If thats too rough use a 30 day Yoga with Adrienne challenge. You need to start practicing clearing your mind, you can try some free youtube videos but I like Headspace.

Day of: Slow burning carbs like oatmeal and a banana right before. Drink a ton of water the night before and on the way there.

You do not have a being smart issue. You have a test taking issue. You have a confidence issue. And you have an overcommitment issue. Everything you are saying yes to is basically saying no to something else. You need to write down your priorities and stick with them.
Thank you !

When I entered the test room I was telling everyone that I have the entire RxPrep book memorized lol. I got 99 even though I didn't know the answers to a bunch of questions. I made sure I got every math question correct because I thought math questions worth so much more.

Reactions: 1 users
You need to sleep very well the night before. Take chelated Magnesium 2 tabs at bedtime. I like Drs Best.

I get that it causes less diarrhea, but taking this for the first time the night before a test seems like a recipe for pooping yourself in a chair.

In an effort to be helpful: OP, no one should ever study for 12 hours a day for a month. That leads to crazy burnout. Focus on doing high value studying as opposed to high volume studying. And take the day before the test off from studying - this is the dogma for the MD boards and works well.

Reactions: 2 users
Why were you studying 12 hours a day? To placate your nerves? Is it difficult to learn new things? Do you forget things quickly ? Can't fix the problem if you don't know what the problem is. I get a sense it's your nerves getting the better of you, that was the case with everyone I personally know who had failed Naplex…

Hey buddy,

That's really tough what you are going through. Many of us cannot fathom it, but kudos to you for still persevering, regardless. You definitely had a lot of pressure building up to the unsuccessful attempts. I definitely recommend meditating and focusing on the lightbulb girl and some other dude they have added since I have taken it. Create acronyms to memorize tough concepts. Know 1st and 2nd line options with regards to ID, mainly you need to hone your calculations skills. Anyone who has scored in the 100s knew their calculations and statistics down pat. Do not sleep on the compounding components either. You will get there, you really just have to take things in a bite sized fashion. I took it a few years ago, so we were the guinea pigs when they changed the format to 6 hours. I think the RxPrep videos for oncology, HIV, and a few other sections were sufficient. The questions from RXprep were ridiculous for some of the clinical components. I downloaded the app and just continuously took quizzes when there was down time. They tested multiple concepts, so you could learn and retain more when taking the quizzes and reviewing. I thought the clinical components on the exam were pretty straight forward and you can almost guarantee you'll pass if you know the calculations and compounding. I basically looked at the blueprint to see what the high yield components would be, I am unsure if it has changed or not. I'd just recommend reviewing the bigger disease states: ID, cardiology (HTN, STEMI, NSTEMI, anticoagulation, etc), diabetes, neurology, HIV, oncology, transplant, renal, etc. I created a calendar for myself to parse out the days and ensure I hit everything I wanted to multiple times. I also created study guides ~4-5 pages of notes of key stuff from each section that I could review the next day before starting new material. You need to review the important information and know your brand/generics so you can eliminate some of the obviously wrong answers. Practice calculations and biostatistics regularly, memorize formulas and conversions, write them down daily until you can write it down from memory without reviewing.

Here are some helpful hints from a guy on YouTube

Good luck

Last edited:
Like others said, I don't think it's healthy to spend that much time each day studying. You need to get out and go to the gym or something to relax and not stress yourself out. You know your stuff, but a 6.5 hour test can get to people. I know top students that didn't pass multiple times.

Also, I think you may have to wait to take the 4th exam 12 months after the first if someone wants to correct me. Also good job with passing the MPJE but I believe the score is valid for a certain amount of period as well to also pass the NAPLEX. I looked online but could not find how long an MPJE score is good without passing NAPLEX if anyone wants to chime in.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you so much I’m considering of Purchasing it. Did you do the online or live sessions.? Since it’s a bit pricey I wasn’t sure which one to buy
Online + the actual book. I recommend it. The online video courses reinforces what is covered in the chapters, which is written powerpoint style. I watched the video first and then read the book. The lady in the video emphasizes what is important in a very reinforceful manner. Like saying pheNNNNytoin, NNNN when you hear the NNNN sound, I want you to think of soidum because it should never be mixed in dextrose.

Reactions: 1 users
I seriously wonder how you have the attention span to study 12 hours a day. Even during my month of preparing for naplex, I spent 2 weeks of reading the RxPrep book 2~ hours a day and the last 2 weeks I spent binge 'watching' all the RxPrep videos in the background while I played switch. Might be what you are studying focus wise? Given how many times you've taken the exam, you should have a general idea of what is usually asked. There is a heavy emphasis on calculations, ranging anywhere from like 20%-60% depending one how randomized selection of questions give you. The other emphasis is usually sterile compounding and ID with all the other questions all seem to just be anywhere from 1-5 questions on any random topic with maybe increasing emphasis on Hep, HIV and Cancer (I had around 20 questions on those while someone in my class had half the exam on it or so they claimed)

Online + the actual book. I recommend it. The online video courses reinforces what is covered in the chapters, which is written powerpoint style. I watched the video first and then read the book. The lady in the video emphasizes what is important in a very reinforceful manner. Like saying pheNNNNytoin, NNNN when you hear the NNNN sound, I want you to think of soidum because it should never be mixed in dextrose.
Thank you so much I’m going to save up to purchase it . Have a great new year!

Hey buddy,

That's really tough what you are going through. Many of us cannot fathom it, but kudos to you for still persevering, regardless. You definitely had a lot of pressure building up to the unsuccessful attempts. I definitely recommend meditating and focusing on the lightbulb girl and some other dude they have added since I have taken it. Create acronyms to memorize tough concepts. Know 1st and 2nd line options with regards to ID, mainly you need to hone your calculations skills. Anyone who has scored in the 100s knew their calculations and statistics down pat. Do not sleep on the compounding components either. You will get there, you really just have to take things in a bite sized fashion. I took it a few years ago, so we were the guinea pigs when they changed the format to 6 hours. I think the RxPrep videos for oncology, HIV, and a few other sections were sufficient. The questions from RXprep were ridiculous for some of the clinical components. I downloaded the app and just continuously took quizzes when there was down time. They tested multiple concepts, so you could learn and retain more when taking the quizzes and reviewing. I thought the clinical components on the exam were pretty straight forward and you can almost guarantee you'll pass if you know the calculations and compounding. I basically looked at the blueprint to see what the high yield components would be, I am unsure if it has changed or not. I'd just recommend reviewing the bigger disease states: ID, cardiology (HTN, STEMI, NSTEMI, anticoagulation, etc), diabetes, neurology, HIV, oncology, transplant, renal, etc. I created a calendar for myself to parse out the days and ensure I hit everything I wanted to multiple times. I also created study guides ~4-5 pages of notes of key stuff from each section that I could review the next day before starting new material. You need to review the important information and know your brand/generics so you can eliminate some of the obviously wrong answers. Practice calculations and biostatistics regularly, memorize formulas and conversions, write them down daily until you can write it down from memory without reviewing.

Here are some helpful hints from a guy on YouTube

Good luck

Thank you so much for responding and being positive. I will take your advice to heart thank you again and have a wonderful new year

I seriously wonder how you have the attention span to study 12 hours a day. Even during my month of preparing for naplex, I spent 2 weeks of reading the RxPrep book 2~ hours a day and the last 2 weeks I spent binge 'watching' all the RxPrep videos in the background while I played switch. Might be what you are studying focus wise? Given how many times you've taken the exam, you should have a general idea of what is usually asked. There is a heavy emphasis on calculations, ranging anywhere from like 20%-60% depending one how randomized selection of questions give you. The other emphasis is usually sterile compounding and ID with all the other questions all seem to just be anywhere from 1-5 questions on any random topic with maybe increasing emphasis on Hep, HIV and Cancer (I had around 20 questions on those while someone in my class had half the exam on it or so they claimed)
Thank you!

@abrph

PRACTICE TESTS!! You should be able to figure out your weaknesses.

Do not overthink it! Anxiety may be a big portion of your missed questions. Find ways to reduce your anxiety, and/or find ways to feel more confident! I'm tellin' ya, you NEED to go in there with the mindset of "I am going to dominate this exam!" Also, if there are any supplements or medications you use that improve your performance reliably, make sure you've taken them ;)

Make sure you are doing questions by process of elimination.

ALSO: Make sure to get at least 6 hours of sleep, ideally 7.5 or 9 hours the night before the exam. Eat a healthy diet. Stop studying for 12 hours! You are trying to take in too much information. Study for shorter periods of time. Sleeping helps solidify your memories of information you learned that day. If you have too much to process, some of your time may be rendered wasted if you don't have the ability to memorize all of that information at once. Important information/memories can get lost in the noise of the oversupply of material and your brain's abilities to efficiently memorize things.

Last edited:
I think you are using too many resources. Math was my biggest weakness also. I took my exam 2 weeks ago and passed on the first attempt. Only resources I used to study was Prontopass and Rxprep. The NAPLEX questions are simple and straightforward, so if you can do well on the Rxprep quizzes you should be fine. I think Rxprep over prepares you with the information they provide. As people stated before, 12 hours is too long to study, you are putting your brain into overload and burning yourself out. If I were you, I would start over and go through Rxprep again. Start with the clinical sections first by reading the chapters, do the quizzes, and watch videos. I started studying math about 2 months before the test, I started with Rxprep math first by watching the videos and doing the questions in the book. Then I practiced the quizzes for awhile. I wanted additional practice so I purchased Pronto pass math cards and did those section by section everyday up until the test.

When you finish going through chapters, randomly go back to review them to help you retain information. ID and HIV were the first chapters I studied but I always went back and glanced over information. Chapters like drug references, preparing IV meds are easy points, make sure you don't forget the small chapters.

Failed my 1st attempt and taking the 2nd one in february..
I admit i was not prepared enough when i took it 1st time but missed with 2 points :hungover:id not do onco and did not focus on ID chapters ..studied CVS 3 days before the test (my test had good amount warfarin questions ) .
People passed with rxprep only so the problem is not with which course you ,or We, are using .
I think you need to change your Studying habits ..as a start , do not do 12 hours!! I really think at one point your were just reading without concentrating bcuz your mentally tired .
I am here at Starbucks and can barely keep my focus for more than 45 min..so i try to listen to music or something in between ...

Try to do study group if you have not done it ...I do not like studying with anyone but this time i reached out to another graduate who is in the same boat .. we decide which chapter we should study next and do Quizes on whatsapp
It helped memorize and pay attention to certain details .
Not sure if you took your test already ,wish you best of luck either way

Sent from my MHA-L29 using SDN mobile

Hello.

Thank you for listening.
Get the RX prep questions- question bank, it has readings or study materials with it. The lady that makes these questions talks to the test takers. I saw similar questions on the exam. If you get a question wrong, study why and what the other options were cause u might see this on the test. Then there are calculation problems floating around here, I think on this site. Google Naplex calc problems or something like that. Download all the questions and work them. Good luck.

Get the RX prep questions- question bank, it has readings or study materials with it. The lady that makes these questions talks to the test takers. I saw similar questions on the exam. If you get a question wrong, study why and what the other options were cause u might see this on the test. Then there are calculation problems floating around here, I think on this site. Google Naplex calc problems or something like that. Download all the questions and work them. Good luck.
*people that write the test, not the test takers

Hello.

Thank you for listening.

I feel as if i am in the same boat as
Hello.

Thank you for listening.

Hi, i just want to let you know im in the same position as you. I changed Rxprep to PNN and it seems so far that it helps. Its in powerpoint form and info that you need. Im afraid to take the test again but when i do i will let you know how i did.

Like others said, I don't think it's healthy to spend that much time each day studying. You need to get out and go to the gym or something to relax and not stress yourself out. You know your stuff, but a 6.5 hour test can get to people. I know top students that didn't pass multiple times.

Also, I think you may have to wait to take the 4th exam 12 months after the first if someone wants to correct me. Also good job with passing the MPJE but I believe the score is valid for a certain amount of period as well to also pass the NAPLEX. I looked online but could not find how long an MPJE score is good without passing NAPLEX if anyone wants to chime in.

Here is what from the bulletin:
The waiting period policy includes a provision that there shall be no more than three attempts to pass the NAPLEX in a 12-month period. If a candidate fails the NAPLEX three times in a 12-month period, the candidate must wait and reapply 12 months from the first attempt. The candidate will be required to submit a new eligibility application and shall be subject to eligibility approval by the board of pharmacy (or designated authority).

is it 12 months after first exam date? Can it be the 12 months from the first date of Authorized Testing Dates (ATT)?

The waiting period policy includes a provision that there shall be no more than three attempts to pass the NAPLEX in a 12-month period. If a candidate fails the NAPLEX three times in a 12-month period, the candidate must wait and reapply 12 months from the first attempt. The candidate will be required to submit a new eligibility application and shall be subject to eligibility approval by the board of pharmacy (or designated authority).

is it 12 months after first exam date? Can it be the 12 months from the first date of Authorized Testing Dates (ATT)?

Hello.

Thank you for listening.
Did you ever pass the exam?

@abrph

PRACTICE TESTS!! You should be able to figure out your weaknesses.

Do not overthink it! Anxiety may be a big portion of your missed questions. Find ways to reduce your anxiety, and/or find ways to feel more confident! I'm tellin' ya, you NEED to go in there with the mindset of "I am going to dominate this exam!" Also, if there are any supplements or medications you use that improve your performance reliably, make sure you've taken them ;)

Make sure you are doing questions by process of elimination.

ALSO: Make sure to get at least 6 hours of sleep, ideally 7.5 or 9 hours the night before the exam. Eat a healthy diet. Stop studying for 12 hours! You are trying to take in too much information. Study for shorter periods of time. Sleeping helps solidify your memories of information you learned that day. If you have too much to process, some of your time may be rendered wasted if you don't have the ability to memorize all of that information at once. Important information/memories can get lost in the noise of the oversupply of material and your brain's abilities to efficiently memorize things.

THANK YOU !

I feel as if i am in the same boat as

Hi, i just want to let you know im in the same position as you. I changed Rxprep to PNN and it seems so far that it helps. Its in powerpoint form and info that you need. Im afraid to take the test again but when i do i will let you know how i did.
I find it more helpful but still use the rxprep for tip gal and their tip guy. when do you take your exam?

it is 12 mths from the first exam date. For example in my case the first time I took it was JULY 11 2019 so because I failed 3 times with in the year of 2019, I have to wait until JULY 11 2020 to retake the exam.

I find it more helpful but still use the rxprep for tip gal and their tip guy. when do you take your exam?
I will be taking my exam in 2 weeks kinda nervous ngl. Rxprep is helpful especially the tip gal and guy but for someone who went over the book so many times, PNN is a good refresher that just goes straight to the point and for now i dont need the background of the disease which rxprep provides in detail.

Good luck, hope you pass! Get a good night sleep and read each question. You can do it!!!!

Thank you all for your quick responses, and for taking the time to respond with such detail. Don't be sorry if you have stated "for being rough", it's your opinion everyone has one. Doesn't mean your right or wrong it's just an opinion.

To the comment of "Are you going to spend 30 min thinking it through when a pharmacist does it in seconds? " I would have to disagree, the knowledge compatibility of ALL IV medications (not certain well known) comes with experience of medication entry as a pharmacist, not knowledge from just graduating from a Pharmacy school (unless I'm wrong and other schools are teaching this). The school I went to was Mercer.

I do have experience of mixing IV medications, since I have been a tech for over 10 years so I do understand terms such as overfill and calculating doses when needed. So you can understand where my frustration lies of not passing.

I do agree with you that I do need to change my study habits, taking timed tests, and that's where I was hoping to receive some advice from this forum.Whether to invest in another company rather than RXprep where they might give better test taking advice, since clearly that is where I am having issues.
Obviously my other habits of studying 12 hour days from 8am -8pm were overwhelming and just caused fatigued.

Thank you again
You went to Mercer right? I heard UGA offers a NAPLEX prep course, which is structured. Hope that helps

I will be taking my exam in 2 weeks kinda nervous ngl. Rxprep is helpful especially the tip gal and guy but for someone who went over the book so many times, PNN is a good refresher that just goes straight to the point and for now i dont need the background of the disease which rxprep provides in detail.

Did you end up passing the exam? Just wondering if PNN ended up helping you.

OP sounds like the Chuck Knoblauch of NAPLEX takers. Minus the wife-beating part

With NAPLEX, you have to be able to identify your strengths and weaknessess and focus on your areas of weakness. Knowing how to do all kinds of pharmacy calculations is a must. Once you are able to do such analysis, you should have no trouble.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello everyone, I have struggled with the naplex. this will be my fourth and final attempt and i do not want to leave anything untouched. my level of brokeness right now is unmatched, i can't even afford a 2 month rxprep question bank to keep studying. if anyone can help me with PNN login so i can keep studying, it will be very much appreciated, you will be helping an entire family, whom are currently living on unemployment due to the rona and haven't even received the umemployment money yet (2 months and counting with a new baby).

Thank you in advance.

• Care
Hello everyone, I have struggled with the naplex. this will be my fourth and final attempt and i do not want to leave anything untouched. my level of brokeness right now is unmatched, i can't even afford a 2 month rxprep question bank to keep studying. if anyone can help me with PNN login so i can keep studying, it will be very much appreciated, you will be helping an entire family, whom are currently living on unemployment due to the rona and haven't even received the umemployment money yet (2 months and counting with a new baby).

Thank you in advance.
When is your exam? Message me.

Hello.

Thank you for listening.

Hi! I hope you have overcome this and working now. How did you go about completing 1000 hrs. I heard after your 3rd time you have to accumulate 1000 intern hrs in order to retake in. Is this different with every state?