Detroit (UDM) online interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got caught by the time limit a bit on some questions but overall it was alright.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
For those pm'ing me trying to get the questions, it wouldn't be fair for all the other applicants, including myself, who already did the interview. It's honestly not that bad just do interview.
Four people have messaged me since I started this thread. Cmon guys, there was even a person who said the number and type of questions we'll receive. That alone is more info than we should give out. We are applying to be healthcare professionals here... you're not doing yourself justice by trying to cheat the system this early on...

I'll say this on here so if anyone else wants to know my answer as well. Im not mad at all that I was PM'ed. I just find it funny bc all I did was like someone's post on here. That's it!!

So my answer to anyone else: I didn't even get an interview, or online interview. I don't know any questions for this interview. this post was interesting so I clicked to read it. Nothing more than that.

Members don't see this ad :)
when my interview got messed up, I called admissions about it and called it the "online interview" and the lady told me it wasn't an interview, it was their version of supplemental questions! That made me feel better about not doing as well as I could have on it
LOL forreals!! They freaking everyone out by labeling it "online interview".

the video interview was a portion of the interview processes for the Post dec interviews.
Overall it was not too bad! and I remember I did feel like I did not do amazing and was cut off on a question, but I did end up getting into UDM, so I feel like the in person interview held more weight.

Last cycle we were told that for UDM they weigh your stats at 40% and interview and extra circular at 60%.

If it makes any of you feel better, dr Jeffers told us it means absolutely nothing and it won't affect your chances of being accepted, on my 2nd question I blanked and started saying words like uhhhh, probably, and yea in no logical order for 30 seconds of my response and I'm not even worried about it

Reactions: 2 users
If it makes any of you feel better, dr Jeffers told us it means absolutely nothing and it won't affect your chances of being accepted, on my 2nd question I blanked and started saying words like uhhhh, probably, and yea in no logical order for 30 seconds of my response and I'm not even worried about it

How did he tell you that

Are you sure he said it means absolutely nothing? Otherwise what's the point of doing it. I'm sure it carries some weight.

It's interesting that they called it an "online interview" during the introduction video. They said something like "we're excited to get to know you better through the medium of an online interview", but when someone called them they said that it's not considered an interview and that it's their version of supplemental questions.

I think it's safe to say it counts for something but obviously the in person interview will weigh the most.

Maybe they want to have fully online interviews in the future and are testing the medium? I've always thought it's ridiculous that we spend so much money applying, and then just to have a chance to interview we need to spend for travel and staying. You think any real company would do that? Nothing wrong with Skype interviews.

Well the thing is, it's to your benefit to see the school in person and meet your future professors and colleagues. Are you comfortable attending a school you just did an online interview for and know nothing about its facilities, how the school is run, location, ect..?

I am extremely scared for this video interview. What exactly is the point of this? Why cant they just ask us those questions during the actual interview? Also, it is the first time i have heard a school making applicants pay for a background check BEFORE acceptance. This school is very odd.

As an applicant last year the background check before acceptance was not a thing last year. I was kind of upset about that when I found that out today.

I am extremely scared for this video interview. What exactly is the point of this? Why cant they just ask us those questions during the actual interview? Also, it is the first time i have heard a school making applicants pay for a background check BEFORE acceptance. This school is very odd.

Hopefully it won't become a new trend.