Diary: ExamKracker MCAT studying begins... Who is with me? Version 6 for May

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

christian15213

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone!!!

Just wanted to invite anyone who owns the examkrackers examination books version 6 and is starting to study for the mcats this upcomming April / May. I can only afford to take this test one time because the application and entire process begins for me this summer.

I have started first with the Biology section and have a couple comments and things about the book that I like so far and some complaints so far. I have only done lecture one.

As well, I have audio osmosis and one of the things I really like is that is follows the book quite nicely. Please respond asap and we can work on things and go through things together.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm in the middle of the Chem. book and feeling like such a dumb@ss. I remember the concepts but I constantly have to go back and look up the procedures for math problems.

That coupled with EK telling me this should already be simple. *sigh*

I'm with you. I think I got almost every calculation problem in EK Chem chapter 4 wrong. Otherwise it's not going AS horribly as I had feared. Physics, on the other hand, is the nightmare I thought it would be.

I'm waiting until I go through the EK bio and chem books once first before doing a sample mcat (I'm half-way through each book now). I'm worried that with no review whatsoever I would absolutely bomb my first full length and be too demoralized. Kudos to those who have the guts to take a sample test before any review.

I'm with you. I think I got almost every calculation problem in EK Chem chapter 4 wrong. Otherwise it's not going AS horribly as I had feared. Physics, on the other hand, is the nightmare I thought it would be.

I'm waiting until I go through the EK bio and chem books once first before doing a sample mcat (I'm half-way through each book now). I'm worried that with no review whatsoever I would absolutely bomb my first full length and be too demoralized. Kudos to those who have the guts to take a sample test before any review.
Yeah AAMC 3 must have had really easy stuff for me to have done that well on the PS portion!

I think with time and practice it'll get better for both of us!

Members don't see this ad :)
well just to update you I have finished the micro lecture 3 for bio and I missed like two of the practice questions... One thing that was totally enlightening for me is that bacteria do not reproduce sexually, only asexually but they do have genetic recombination and that is through the three methods of conjugation, transformation (garbage pickup by a transformer, heheh) and transduction (sexduction of a virus = seduction/transduction again hehehe.) Anyways, Hopefully the 30 minute exam goes a little bit better but I am going to do a little more of a thourgh review of some material to make sure. I don't want a freaking 6 or 5 again, whatever I got the last time.

Any of you EK peeps finding the section on genetics skimpy and somewhat lacking. It left me feeling unsatisfied. If you read the August MCAT posts people were really in an uproar about the amount of genetics and the high level of the knowledge on the subject that was tested. Things relating to biostatistical analysis appear to have been involved. I' going to try to find some cliff notes type of review on upper level genetic stuff. Anyone else have any opinions on how we should deal with this possible trap on the MCAT.

Any of you EK peeps finding the section on genetics skimpy and somewhat lacking. It left me feeling unsatisfied. If you read the August MCAT posts people were really in an uproar about the amount of genetics and the high level of the knowledge on the subject that was tested. Things relating to biostatistical analysis appear to have been involved. I' going to try to find some cliff notes type of review on upper level genetic stuff. Anyone else have any opinions on how we should deal with this possible trap on the MCAT.

Yea, this is wierd... because I have just taking a full blow genetics class that was most difficult and I felt the chapter was not only skimpy... SOME what ... because who knows what is really supposed to be the focus or not. but the passage questions were so deep? I dunno perhaps we need to see people taking this january's mcat and see what they say. I have a good handle on genetics but it is a freaking big field... they should give us some directions because honeslty this could be a seperate section on its own.

Yea, this is wierd... because I have just taking a full blow genetics class that was most difficult and I felt the chapter was not only skimpy... SOME what ... because who knows what is really supposed to be the focus or not. but the passage questions were so deep? I dunno perhaps we need to see people taking this january's mcat and see what they say. I have a good handle on genetics but it is a freaking big field... they should give us some directions because honeslty this could be a seperate section on its own.

Well I'll let you guys know. I'm taking the exam on the 29th of this month. I did well on the 30 min test on the gentics section, and actually took a genetics class my last semester at school, so hopefully I'm fresh enough to do well *crosses fingers*

Nate.

I took the August exam and yes the majority of the Bio section was genetics based. Most of it involved interpreting experiments with genetics. This was very hard to do. Basically I am using the EK books to study for the April MCAT and I find them a lot better than Kaplan. At least that just my opinion.

EK does a good job covering basic molecular genetics like transcription & translation. But they only have a short section on things like mendelain genetics in the last chapter of the bio review (the statistical stuff). I personally don't think its enough to answer complicated things like hereditary or predicting mutations if you cross x organism with wildtype against y organism with mutation on chromosome 7. Read the posts from the August MCAT and you'll get an idea how indept some of the passages were. The upside, at least for me, seems to be that not much orgo was on the bio section in August.

just finished taking my first sample test...actually just took the bio part, and timed myself. I got a 7. I'm so bummed out. I still have a little over 4 mths and I still haven't even started physics or gen chem...

Yikes. I barely remember what a benzene ring is. I've got three months to fix this: AAMC Sample Test: PS 7, BS 9, VR 8. EK Kit on the way... God help me.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yikes. I barely remember what a benzene ring is. I've got three months to fix this: AAMC Sample Test: PS 7, BS 9, VR 8. EK Kit on the way... God help me.

You'll be fine. :thumbup:

If you scored a 24 with no review, there is plenty of potential to be had.

just finished taking my first sample test...actually just took the bio part, and timed myself. I got a 7. I'm so bummed out. I still have a little over 4 mths and I still haven't even started physics or gen chem...

Keep pushing. I am fighting with my scheduling right now. I am going to do it and follow a strict schedule which requires a few mornings at 5 or 6 o'clock. and a whole day on the weekend. you will do it... keep it moving!!!! lol just words of encourgement.

Does anyone know where to get some basic info or sample essays for the writing section? I don't really plan on practicing but I want to know what format and style of essay they will looking for. The EK verbal book doesn't seem to touch on this at all.

Ok...my story:
I used EK about a year ago when i decided to take April 06 MCAT. I never took it though, because i decided that trying to take it without phys2 and both orgo's would be the stupidest and most compulsive idea i could have had .
But i went through the whole bio book and half of phys, and gen chem and i listened to everything on AudioOsmosis.
I will be starting on studying (hopefully to take May 31st test) as soon as i lay my hands on the 7th eddition. Though i have no idea how much different it will be from the 6th.
I just emailed EK asking when the 7th edition is comming out and their responce was---> "very soon"...whatever that means , they were not able to give me an exact date but Jordan himself said that content will not be changed so 6th edition is still good.

and here is my ipression of EK:
overall i loved it since i am a visual learner. I think AO totally helps with going through the material.
BIO book is deffinetly their strongest. For some other things it is good to have other materials or texts to relate to but googling saves me a lot as well.
I also recomend 1001 series. They are great for hummering stuff into your head so it will stay there

I will be coming back here a lot once i get the ball rollong for real.
I also used EK 10 week schedule to build my own and fit it into my busy days.
Good luck everyone.:luck:

Dr. Kicia, what is this EK 10 week schedule that you used? Can you explain it or give me a link so I can take a look please? I find myself unable to study as much as I'd like to because of a hectic work schedule as well. :(

Also, you recommend the 1001 series. I am in the process of ordering these books, but I can't seem to figure out the last publish date for them. I'd like to get the latest and greatest books, but I've seen publish dates of 2001 on Amazon and 2003 on BarnesandNoble.com (these seem kind of antiquated). I've read on other posts as well that an 07 version is coming out soon. Should I wait for the newer books or would I be at a loss if I bought the older books?

Any other suggestions would be appreciated!

Dr. Kicia, what is this EK 10 week schedule that you used? Can you explain it or give me a link so I can take a look please? I find myself unable to study as much as I'd like to because of a hectic work schedule as well. :(

Also, you recommend the 1001 series. I am in the process of ordering these books, but I can't seem to figure out the last publish date for them. I'd like to get the latest and greatest books, but I've seen publish dates of 2001 on Amazon and 2003 on BarnesandNoble.com (these seem kind of antiquated). I've read on other posts as well that an 07 version is coming out soon. Should I wait for the newer books or would I be at a loss if I bought the older books?

Any other suggestions would be appreciated!

you can find the 10 week schedule here :
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=358655

07 edition is not going to be out soon...all they could tell me few days ago is that it is comming out in "early 2007" but couldn't give me an exact date. But per them 06 edition is perfectly fine since the MCAT content is not changed and you still need to practice the AAMC tests which are CBT anyways.
1001 series have no recent editions. I got mine from amazon.
:luck:

Does anyone know where to get some basic info or sample essays for the writing section? I don't really plan on practicing but I want to know what format and style of essay they will looking for. The EK verbal book doesn't seem to touch on this at all.
Go to the AAMC eMCAT website: www.e-mcat.com

You are going to want to take the practice tests there anyway, so fork over the money for full access ( and I would suggest getting all of the latest tests as well). Once you have access (and maybe this is on the free one as well, I don't remember, so be sure to try that first if you don't have the money) there are several essay questions and sample answers with their respective scores and why they received those scores.

Good luck!

I have paid for some aamc practice tests, but I can't find the sample essays. I usually do each section seperately and the essay part doesn't seem to show up. I'll look more carefully..:confused:

I finally stop putting off taking one of the practice passages in the 101 book and took the first one. I am extremely happy to say that I got a 9! I know a 9 isn't that great, but at least it means that I can improve to a score of 10 or 11 which is my current goal.

Not to mention these tests are 25 minutes longer than what I will really take. The majority of my errors came in the middle of the test since I felt like I was taking too long so I kind of rushed it.

I'm going to go over my incorrect answers tomorrow and see if I can find any obvious weaknesses in my strategy. My timing was decent since I had 5 minutes left at the end which was enough to go back and look at a few questions that I was confused about. Ideally, I want to have only 2-3 mins left with all my time equally distributed throughout the test rather than rushing the middle and slowing down a lot at the end.

Hey is anyone else concerned that the main ideas they are writing, as per the ten week schedule, not correct? I am doing them for the first FL vr test in the 101 book. I have no idea if my thoughts on the main ideas are really right or not. Anyone want to share what they have? Is anyone doing this part?

Nataly: Do you feel that the genetics in the EK bio book is sufficient for learning/practicing the depth of genetics questions you saw on the August MCAT? Or do you think an outside source is necessary? Thanks!

Well I just went through the genetics section today and I feel that it did go a lot more indepth than the kaplan books. As far as the MCAT it is a vague memory since I tried to forget it. But I do remember stuff about zebra fish and genes. Most of the bio section had experiments either with zebra fish or other things and it had you use your knowledge of genetics to answer questions. I also remember that my bio section only had one passage that was organic material and the organic was the easy part. You can look at peoples comments about the bio section if you look back in the threads. I felt that the August MCAT was pretty difficult and I hope that the EK books can help me out. I think that one should only use an outside source if you do not understand a concept in the genetics portion. I actually feel that the genetics chapter should at least mention phylogenetic trees.

Ok major update since I have last updated you guys and gals:laugh:

Ok, first let me say this. I have now completed four lectures of Bio with EK version 6 and I have good feelings and some bad thoughts about a few things.

Genetics is covered over a few chapters in this book so one shouldn't hand their sole G-Hat on just lecture 2. However with that said, the problem with lecture two was the same problem with lecture 4. Lecture 3 seemed perfect and actually helped propel me into my actuall microBio class I am taking now.

Lecture 4 was brutal. Let me first say it was freaking long. First, I don't understand why they didn't leave it alone at the Eukaryotic cell and then another chapter for the nervous system. What was that all about.

Then, I can't count how many times when I missed a question for the in lecture questions it said, "you should know this" or you could have figured this out by this... Once specific example is this. The chapter lumps together the thalumus and cerebellum as the higher brain, LOL if I am wrong, and says that they are subconscious funtions of the brain. Then a question asks specifically about the cerrebellum and gives a choice about graceful dancing. HMMMM... To make it worse the explanation listed a different function for every single part. My complaint is simple why didn't they just give us that information in the chapter. HELLOOO.... Jordan and the other guy... Next, there was a question about the strongest cell linkage and it wasn't the tight cell junction but rather the desmosome... again, the chapter didn't really give a heirarchy to what was stronger. Stuff like that just freaks me out because it is like errrr why not just provide the neccessary information.

Lecture 3 to me went very smoothly and practical. I got an 8 but missed some really stupid questions and could have gotten a 10 easily.

Lecture 4 I thought I was going to bomb and actually got a 9.

With that said. I have to say how I am now approaching the chapters. I do read it once highlight along the way and then read it again and virtually rewrite out all definitions and pertainent material that I am not understanding... for chapter 4 this was quit a lot.

I was first doing the audio osmosis but felt for chapter 4 it was a waiste of time because doing that procedure in the middle of my above process seemed only delaying a better method for thourough understanding of the material. I feel and will do this from here on out that the audio osmosis should only be used at the end if anything to recap the information provided. As well, it isn't as thourough as perhaps it should be but that might just take up too much time too.

That is my update and after my micro test I will start on lecture 5.

I can say that I am actually liking studying the EK books, even thought 4 really got me frustrated, better than my actuall classes.

How are you all doing?

Well, I find that the further along in the bio book I get, the lower my scores are getting on the 30 minute exams. The 30 min lecture for chpt 6 really killed me.

So far I've just been going through the chapters once and generally doing the 30 minute exam a day or two after reading it, and then a few days later I end up listening to the audio osmosis section. I should probably be more organized about that, and also do some 1001 questions in conjunction with the chapters.

Only half-way through the Chem book, which is much less painful than I thought, but haven't made much progress at all on Physics (I should probably be happy I managed to even get a 7 on that first chapter's 30 min exam).

Also, I just got the EK 16 mini-MCATs book. It's nice to have mini 1 hour tests to take (but they don't give any scoring guidelines), and the sections are based on certain chapters of the EK books. So, it will recommend doing mini test 1 after reading certain beginning chapters in the EK books. Definitely made to go along with them. Glad I bought it.

Anyway, here's to hoping that my scores don't continue to get lower the more I do. Maybe it's like a foreign language, and with enough practice one day the MCAT "grammar" will just click and I'll understand some of those discombobulating questions.

check my MCAT progress at http://cabrillo1.blogspot.com/
I am currently in chapter 8; it seems that the order of the chapters have been changed since in my edition genetics is the last chapter of the book. I believe that I have the 5th editon.

Cabrillo: I don't think it's changed. I have the 6th edition. In mine, Genes is chpt. 2 and Populations (i.e., population genetics) is chpt. 9.

sounds good:D I was just under the impression that genetics was chapter 2 i the new edition based on some post here.

Well, I find that the further along in the bio book I get, the lower my scores are getting on the 30 minute exams. The 30 min lecture for chpt 6 really killed me.

So far I've just been going through the chapters once and generally doing the 30 minute exam a day or two after reading it, and then a few days later I end up listening to the audio osmosis section. I should probably be more organized about that, and also do some 1001 questions in conjunction with the chapters.

Only half-way through the Chem book, which is much less painful than I thought, but haven't made much progress at all on Physics (I should probably be happy I managed to even get a 7 on that first chapter's 30 min exam).

Also, I just got the EK 16 mini-MCATs book. It's nice to have mini 1 hour tests to take (but they don't give any scoring guidelines), and the sections are based on certain chapters of the EK books. So, it will recommend doing mini test 1 after reading certain beginning chapters in the EK books. Definitely made to go along with them. Glad I bought it.

Anyway, here's to hoping that my scores don't continue to get lower the more I do. Maybe it's like a foreign language, and with enough practice one day the MCAT "grammar" will just click and I'll understand some of those discombobulating questions.

I am seeing the same trend and yeah ch6 30 min test was a killer. I used the audio osmosis after taking notes to add to my notes.

I am too tired right now to write my next entry but I will say this. I want to tell all of you about acceptance Vs. Compliance and how it will help you learn much much more than you have probably learned previously. but alas it is 3:16 and I am about to fall over studying for a Micro exam en la manana. laterz:cool:

Alright...all done with Physics, Chemistry and Biology!

Physics and Chem I consistantly scored around 10 on the 30-min exams. I would really like to improve this a bit before my test date! Biology, I was scoring between 12 and 13 on all the exams, except for the two chapters on endocrinology and mendelian statistics, guess I know what I need to study!

I'm on the second lecture in Organic now...let me just say that organic hasn't gotten ANY better!! I really hate this stuff, and I'm gonna have a heck of a time improving my scores in this area...so far, lecture one 30-min exam I scored a 9 :(

11 more days to go! Closing in at last!

Nate.

Physics and Chem I consistantly scored around 10 on the 30-min exams. I would really like to improve this a bit before my test date! Biology, I was scoring between 12 and 13 on all the exams, except for the two chapters on endocrinology and mendelian statistics, guess I know what I need to study!

I'm on the second lecture in Organic now...let me just say that organic hasn't gotten ANY better!! I really hate this stuff, and I'm gonna have a heck of a time improving my scores in this area...so far, lecture one 30-min exam I scored a 9 :(

11 more days to go! Closing in at last!

Nate.

Are you giving us the conversion or the raw score. If your giving us the conversion your just being...

Looks like you're in great shape! Good luck and tell us how it goes. I am scoring about the same as you on the in-class exams so I'm very curious!

What???? I just did lec. exam 6 and got my butt kicked by info that was not even talked about in over 80% of the lecture. I mean I am not studying to be a nephrologist am I? Does the MCAT have passages and questions like that? I mean seriously, what is the point in putting in passages if it is not even going to be on the mcat. And why put in questions that have nothing to do with the majority of material covered.

Any thoughts.......

What???? I just did lec. exam 6 and got my butt kicked by info that was not even talked about in over 80% of the lecture. I mean I am not studying to be a nephrologist am I? Does the MCAT have passages and questions like that? I mean seriously, what is the point in putting in passages if it is not even going to be on the mcat. And why put in questions that have nothing to do with the majority of material covered.

Any thoughts.......

I understand your frustration. It was just horrible and you just need to move on if you feel that you understood the material. I got a 5 on that test( my lowest ever) and I felt that the question were just totally out of context. Chapter 7 went a little bit better and I am doing ch8 right now and resting a little bit since I work about 10hrs per day so my time is really limited and I am going to sleep sometimes about 3 am:eek: and I have to wake at 7 am. I am doing my best under the circumstances.:D

Any thoughts.......
I don't remember that lecture exam specifically but I would just like to say this: a large portion of the MCAT is a mind game with yourself. Don't let yourself be freaked out by something you've never seen before. Just remember that the majority of the time those monster passages are really just testing some small science concept. The most important part of practicing MCAT passages is learning to recognize what concept is actually being tested.

I'm on an upward trend for both Physics and Chemistry (which shocked me)... I got above 10 on the last 2 physics and 1 chem exam I took. Biology, on the other hand, is kicking my butt. I haven't gotten higher than an 8 on any exam since the 2nd. I'll be doing number 7 tonight. I have a schedule lined out so that I finish going through all the lectures by the end of January, then I get a week off from studying, before starting my revised 14 week schedule.

I'm on an upward trend for both Physics and Chemistry (which shocked me)... I got above 10 on the last 2 physics and 1 chem exam I took. Biology, on the other hand, is kicking my butt. I haven't gotten higher than an 8 on any exam since the 2nd. I'll be doing number 7 tonight. I have a schedule lined out so that I finish going through all the lectures by the end of January, then I get a week off from studying, before starting my revised 14 week schedule.

sounds great:thumbup: I havent started chem or physics but I hope I get the same results. :D

:thumbup: I received my set of EK's Complete Study Package Version 6 Friday and am very excited to start the 10-week plan tomorrow! My EK mini-MCATs has just been shipped by Amazon and I should receive it by Wednesday *doing my happy dance*. I WILL do better on my 2nd (and LAST) MCAT attempt.:luck:

:thumbup: I received my set of EK's Complete Study Package Version 6 Friday and am very excited to start the 10-week plan tomorrow! My EK mini-MCATs has just been shipped by Amazon and I should receive it by Wednesday *doing my happy dance*. I WILL do better on my 2nd (and LAST) MCAT attempt.:luck:

oh man i wish i could share your excitment...:laugh:

Okay so on the new cbt mcat the breakdown is as follows:

VR 7passages 5-7q's per passage 40 Q's total? What is the time limit?
BS ?passages ?q's and 52Q's total in ?time
PS same fro BS?
Writing 2 samples 30min each

If EK stuff has way more passages than the actually exam would it be better to try and break up the EK stuff to smaller tests? Should I only do 7 verbal passages at a time, 52 BS and PS q's at at time?

VR is 60 minutes long. I dont remember what the other two are off the top of my head but you can answer your own questions by going to aamc.org and looking at the MCAT section!

Still think there is 2 writing samples, though.

Since this is a diary, I guess I'll give an update of where I am.

I finally finished physics lecture 6 and its exam after putting it off since I hated the subject matter so much. I worked A LOT of problems form the 1001 questions book and ended up getting a 12 on the test (although some of the questions seem to be just reworded from the 1001 book to the lecture exams) which is good since I suck at physics.

I've started a weekly schedule of taking one exam of the 11 in the 101 passages book. The first exam I had gotten a 9 which I was happy about because I thought I could only improve. Unfortunately, I just took the second exam and got an 8 :thumbdown:. I think I need to change the way I review the questions by not looking at what answer choice I put down and just reviewing the question in itself to see how the answer choices are misleading me. In my defense, I kind of got distracted a few times during the test by two calls on my cell phone and then some dumb girl who couldn't finish her conversation away from the silent study area and carried it on for a good minute after sitting down in the silent study area. I had to pause my stopwatch, get up, and relocate which broke my concentration. Either way, I think I would have done just as bad.

I start TPR classes today so we'll see how much longer I can keep up with EK.

I agree with you there. It is a mind game. But how do you change your way of thinking from one passage to the next in verbal. It messes me up something aweful. I am only scoring 8 s with 101 question verbal book. How ??

I agree with you there. It is a mind game. But how do you change your way of thinking from one passage to the next in verbal. It messes me up something aweful. I am only scoring 8 s with 101 question verbal book. How ??

I didn't mean to adopt a different style of thinking for each passage; that wouldn't really be efficient. What I meant was when I review the tests after taking them, I need to do something different than what I am doing now.

After taking the first test, in order to review my answers, I reread the passages and went to questions that I had issues with (either got wrong or second-guessed myself). I had my original answer sheet in front of me and I already knew what answer I put down and whether or not that was wrong effectively eliminating one answer choice and predisposing me to some bias. I constantly find myself narrowing down myself to two answers and always going for the wrong one. With my prior method, it was easy for me to just pick the correct answer, move on, and claim it to be just bad luck that I picked the wrong answer and that I had the right intentions. Going to the back of the book and seeing their answer explanations are probably exacerbating my problem since they justify their answers in a different light which is mostly irrelevant to me.

What I plan to do now is to go back and write down the numbers of all the questions that I got wrong or had trouble with. To make sure that I don't remember my answer as well, I will do this a few days prior to reviewing my test. When I review my test, I will just refer to the sheet with the numbers of the questions and attempt to categorize each answer and see if I can see any pattern develop in the wrong answers I am choosing. Of course, this is pretty time consuming (takes an hour+) so we'll see how long this method lasts.

Also, EK is on the bottom of my priority list now that I have started my TPR course. I will keep up with 101 passages, but won't be doing the EK lecture books regularly. I did pay $1700 for those pesky TPR classes. I liked the first lecture since the teacher really tried to communicate with us on our level. We started bio which I know best so I first scoffed at the material. I later realized that their personal teaching styles will help me in harder subjects like physics. The only thing that bothered me was the minor mistakes and general assumptions the teacher was making. They were minor though and only seemed really bad to me because I'm a biochem major (i.e., saying reduction/oxidation is the addition/removal of H+ is a big no no since my prof was especially emphatic about not making this mistake).

Anywho, it's 12:30 and I have to get up at 6 am and 4:50 am each day of the week because of a combination ROTC and 8 am classes. Best get some rest.

Hello Party People,

Ok, finished chapter/lecture 5 and for some reason it took like three days. first let me say the whole negative feedback thing can be so easy yet so tricky... really pissed me off for the last question on the 30 minute exam because I was thinking that been then over shot the questions. sorry for the spoiler.

Secondly, the memorizing of the endocrine system seemed to be a bit brual... I probably read the chapter like five times, thank god it wasn't that long. Two things really, It always scares me when EK is teaching me this material for the first time. I haven't taken any anatomy physio course so EK do me proud because you are my prof for that stuff. I try to self follow up with an anatomy book to just double up and be more thourough with my understanding but like I said it scares me. And I still hate when EK teaches me concepts through questions and not in the reading lecture...

I.E. bone mass. it would have taken a total of two seconds to say everything they said about calcitonin and then, "this increases bone mass." and then for PTH or PH parathyroid hormone to say it decreases bone mass... I mean it is just to simple to do stuff like that I don't get it... oh yea and that osteoblast osteocyst and osteo whatever question saying you'll learn that in chapter 6... I am thinking like WTF. but alas I got a 10 and probably could have gotten an 11 or 12...

Oh and one more thing I have to talk about.

I have been going over the 30 minute time limit and here is mostly why. I am an anylytical person. and when I have been comming up to questions that I know are "haven't been disscussed yet" questions I get peaved and go and look up what the hell their talking about... LOL I know it is bad but I figure I am answering 99 percent of the question but taking like 5 minutes or so to straighten knowledge out. I do mark the question wrong though so I don't give myself a false score.... LOL anyone else do this? :laugh: