Dick Vet 4 year vs 5 year

Started by robert90
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks packen. That's good to know. 🙂
And yann, you should definitely begin bothering dickvetman as well. 😉
 
I already am feeling the love from my SDN mentees! Just got finished with another email with another one of my mentees, now I must study Cardio lectures and then GI tract....could be worse! I am curious and a bit lazy on my part, which one of you ladies (and any guys) are going into the GEP class or 1st year of the five year programme?
 
Last edited:
Hey current Dick Vets. I will be in Edinburgh looking at the school and getting to know the city. Do you have suggestions on what to see/do or where to go? I want to try to get a feel for what it is like to study at the Dick Vet and what you all do outside If lecture. I'll be there for three days and would appreciate any advice you have! Thanks!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Well, this forum had a lot of suggestions brought up by yours truly and a few others like Packen, Flyhi, and Finleymonkey. I will be giving a tour tomorrow to the parents of the school, I maybe guessing you maybe at the open house tomorrow sofie? There are a lot of things to do in Edinburgh with family (castle, Princes STreet, Highland tours, checking out old town, seeing a rugby match, Greyfriar's Bobby, the National Museum and so on). As a student.....well😀! Plenty of pubs to get your drink on and a lot of clubs to get your freak on👍. I think I may have stated this before, but there is a motto here: Work hard and play hard!! I really cannot suggest one particular Pub or Club because everyone has a favorite. I like the Peartree because they show NFL games, but I like to go to Malone's, Vodka Rev, Three Sister's, Sneaky Pete's, and Dropkick Murphy's when I am in the mood to go clubbing.
 
I'll be in the 5 year programme 🙂

By the way, I just talked to me mentor abt finding flats vs dorms for the first couple months, and she saidthat while she stayed at Sciennes for a year she wished she would have just looked for a flat from the v beginning. So, I am now more inclined to find a flat and mates once there. When is everyone planning on making the big move?
 
Hey current Dick Vets. I will be in Edinburgh looking at the school and getting to know the city. Do you have suggestions on what to see/do or where to go? I want to try to get a feel for what it is like to study at the Dick Vet and what you all do outside If lecture. I'll be there for three days and would appreciate any advice you have! Thanks!

Week in the life of Packen: Desk, kitchen table, library, desk, bed. Repeat. But it is review week.

Seriously though, get a bus pass, at least for a day while you are here and ride around. There is a lot to do and see. I would definitely take one of the buses out to Easter Bush to see the school. If you weren't there for the open house.

I'll be in the 5 year programme 🙂

By the way, I just talked to me mentor abt finding flats vs dorms for the first couple months, and she saidthat while she stayed at Sciennes for a year she wished she would have just looked for a flat from the v beginning. So, I am now more inclined to find a flat and mates once there. When is everyone planning on making the big move?

If you're going into the 5-year programme, I don't think you can apply for the 5 week housing. Sciennes is not great. I think many of my friends wish they had gotten a flat right from the start. Plus they all pay more than I do. I think the best thing to do is join the FB group and start looking for roomies that way. I know quite a few ppl who found their roommates that way.

If anyone is interested my room in my flat will be vacant from July through August. Depending on what my flatmates say, I may be able to sublet it out.
 
What is the average class size? I here it's over 200 at RVC! Ick. Also, I'm curious about the break down of student nationalities. Americans, Canadians, and Scots are the majorities I'd guess? Or are there more English and Irish? I can't wait for the accents. 🙂
 
What is the average class size? I here it's over 200 at RVC! Ick. Also, I'm curious about the break down of student nationalities. Americans, Canadians, and Scots are the majorities I'd guess? Or are there more English and Irish? I can't wait for the accents. 🙂

The entering GEP class will have a class size of about 60-70, the entering 5 year will have a class size of about 120ish. When GEP enters their 2nd year of the course (third year) they will join the group of 120 so you end up with about 180ish.

Not a problem for me. We are all together for lectures only but all of our practicals are separated out. I have even had a practical class where it was me and like 6 other students. So, they definitely break you down to more intimate groups.

Not sure really what the breakdown is for my year now (third year) but when I was a GEP is was mainly North American then English, then Irish. Not sure where everyone is from in third year but from judging accents I think there are a lot of English students.
 
Don't forget about those pesky Canadians as well Mary!! Plenty of them walking around the school. At least Dr. Argyle finds them to be slower than Americans........but I guess that is not saying much unless you happen to be from Birmingham. Anyway, yeah typical class size of 60-70 in GEP, 110-120 in 1st year, 3rd year is huge at about 180, and practical classes vary, but they are pretty small if it is just your group (8-10). Mary beat me to the point this time, but this is my only solace and break time from revision.....damn you 3rd year.....is it Easter Break yet?? I also noticed Yann's Shiba Avatar, go mutant hybrid of a Badger and Tasmanian Devil science experiment gone wrong!!
 
LOL I am finding out a lot of people's first names here and loving it.

Packen, yeah I figured out I won't be able to join the 5 week housing program. Bleh. Oh well, I will find a cute bed & breakfast place and be on a look out for a good flat and good roomies then!

Just FYI, I am an awesome roommie to have, according to past room mates 🙂 So anyone looking for flat mates...put me on your "maybe" list. lol

DickVetMan, I had a shiba dog that looked just like my avatar, except bigger and older. He made a face like that every time I gave him peanut butter.
 
I'm really torn about the student housing vs. a flat...because on the one hand it would be really nice not to have to worry about rent and appliances and things like that during my first year But on the other hand, you can't have pets in a student dorm, and you risk getting put with a bunch of people you don't want to live with/are loud and disruptive!

So you can opt for the five-week housing plan without committing to the whole year? And then if you decide you like it, do you stay where you were put originally or do they put you somewhere else?
 
I'm really torn about the student housing vs. a flat...because on the one hand it would be really nice not to have to worry about rent and appliances and things like that during my first year But on the other hand, you can't have pets in a student dorm, and you risk getting put with a bunch of people you don't want to live with/are loud and disruptive!

So you can opt for the five-week housing plan without committing to the whole year? And then if you decide you like it, do you stay where you were put originally or do they put you somewhere else?

The only option for the 5-week is called "catered" it means that you live in a dorm and you have a dining hall, etc. A shared "pantry" with only a microwave and limited fridge space. Only 3 or 4 students stayed there, and they are not too happy with it. The food gets old after a while and most of the other people living in catered dorms are freshmen (18yos) There were a few students who went from the catered 5 weeks to "self-catered" uni housing, but this is really like a low-economy 5 person apartment.

Just and FYI almost all apartments here are fully furnished. The only thing I bought when I moved in were sheets and towels. Which you need to buy if you were living in either dorm situation.

I opted for the 5 weeks - a good way to meet people and get to know them a bit before agreeing to live with them for a year. And it was fine for the first 5 weeks, but I would not have wanted to live there the whole year.

Oh last question to answer - they made the people who decided to stay move to different dorm rooms in different buildings. No idea why. Sort of silly
 
Just and FYI almost all apartments here are fully furnished. The only thing I bought when I moved in were sheets and towels. Which you need to buy if you were living in either dorm situation.


I was wondering about that! Thanks for the insight; that's one less thing to worry about 🙂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ok. So I have a bunch of questions I hope people can chime in on. My dad and I were supposed to come out to the UK together but he has gotten too sick to come. This means I have to figure everything out on my own last minute. I've figured out flight stuff, but I have a lot of questions for when I get there. Here goes. 🙂

1. Do I need to exchange US dollars for British currency once I get there or will US dollars be accepted? If not, do I just go to a bank to do this? 😕

2. Does anyone have recommendations as to where I can/should stay overnight in Edinburgh? I called Victoria and she said I can't stay on campus but that I could find a B&B. Is this what you guys recommend? I'm pretty low key and would rather money save where I can (B&Bs sound really nice but expensive?). [This is a really concerning aspect for me. Please help!!!] 😳

3. Do you have recommendations for how to travel once in the UK? I am landing in London to check out RVC, then going to Glasgow to check them out, then spending the rest of my time in EDINBURGH (my top choice of course!!!!). I want to travel by train so I can enjoy the trip and see the country a bit. I was looking at First Scot Rail I believe. Would this work or does anyone have alternate preferences?

4. Also, what should I expect to pay for food each day? (3 meals a day, nothing fancy.) I'm trying to budget as close as possible. I don't want to be hungry or homeless! 😀

5. And finally, will any of you still be around? I will either be in Edinburgh about 2 Mondays from now for the rest of the week, (the trip may shift a few days forward depending on how things are going for my dad). I would love to meet up on campus or see the Royal Dick hotspots with you "locals"! 😍

I apologize for the large number of questions; I hope you're not overwhelmed! 😉
Anyways, any help or advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you so much! 🙂
 
Ok. So I have a bunch of questions I hope people can chime in on. My dad and I were supposed to come out to the UK together but he has gotten too sick to come. This means I have to figure everything out on my own last minute. I've figured out flight stuff, but I have a lot of questions for when I get there. Here goes. 🙂

1. Do I need to exchange US dollars for British currency once I get there or will US dollars be accepted? If not, do I just go to a bank to do this? 😕

2. Does anyone have recommendations as to where I can/should stay overnight in Edinburgh? I called Victoria and she said I can't stay on campus but that I could find a B&B. Is this what you guys recommend? I'm pretty low key and would rather money save where I can (B&Bs sound really nice but expensive?). [This is a really concerning aspect for me. Please help!!!] 😳

3. Do you have recommendations for how to travel once in the UK? I am landing in London to check out RVC, then going to Glasgow to check them out, then spending the rest of my time in EDINBURGH (my top choice of course!!!!). I want to travel by train so I can enjoy the trip and see the country a bit. I was looking at First Scot Rail I believe. Would this work or does anyone have alternate preferences?

4. Also, what should I expect to pay for food each day? (3 meals a day, nothing fancy.) I'm trying to budget as close as possible. I don't want to be hungry or homeless! 😀

5. And finally, will any of you still be around? I will either be in Edinburgh about 2 Mondays from now for the rest of the week, (the trip may shift a few days forward depending on how things are going for my dad). I would love to meet up on campus or see the Royal Dick hotspots with you "locals"! 😍

I apologize for the large number of questions; I hope you're not overwhelmed! 😉
Anyways, any help or advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you so much! 🙂




#1: You can exchange US dollars to British Sterling/Pounds at the airport or even one of the Post Offices.

#2: There are Premier Inn's that start at 29 pounds per night, check in on that first and check the few locations there. Try also look for hostels as well! They can be cheap and could be interesting to say the least, and not like the movie! http://www.booking.com/searchresult...;;pr_cur_code=GBP;pr=0,40;track_ajaxsearch2=1

#3: Trains, have not really done much traveling by train. http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/
Try this site and work your way forward.

#4: Food, well that depends if you are looking for restaurants, take-away (McDonald's😛), or local supermarket to get the 2.50-3pound meal deals (Sand which, chips, and a drink). So it can be cheap or it can get a bit pricey if you are into splurging yourself.

#5: Well, I will be around the city as you know. From April 2nd on, I have EMS at two different private practices so I will be around at the evening hours.
 
Ok. So I have a bunch of questions I hope people can chime in on. My dad and I were supposed to come out to the UK together but he has gotten too sick to come. This means I have to figure everything out on my own last minute. I've figured out flight stuff, but I have a lot of questions for when I get there. Here goes. 🙂

1. Do I need to exchange US dollars for British currency once I get there or will US dollars be accepted? If not, do I just go to a bank to do this? 😕

2. Does anyone have recommendations as to where I can/should stay overnight in Edinburgh? I called Victoria and she said I can't stay on campus but that I could find a B&B. Is this what you guys recommend? I'm pretty low key and would rather money save where I can (B&Bs sound really nice but expensive?). [This is a really concerning aspect for me. Please help!!!] 😳

3. Do you have recommendations for how to travel once in the UK? I am landing in London to check out RVC, then going to Glasgow to check them out, then spending the rest of my time in EDINBURGH (my top choice of course!!!!). I want to travel by train so I can enjoy the trip and see the country a bit. I was looking at First Scot Rail I believe. Would this work or does anyone have alternate preferences?

4. Also, what should I expect to pay for food each day? (3 meals a day, nothing fancy.) I'm trying to budget as close as possible. I don't want to be hungry or homeless! 😀

5. And finally, will any of you still be around? I will either be in Edinburgh about 2 Mondays from now for the rest of the week, (the trip may shift a few days forward depending on how things are going for my dad). I would love to meet up on campus or see the Royal Dick hotspots with you "locals"! 😍

I apologize for the large number of questions; I hope you're not overwhelmed! 😉
Anyways, any help or advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you so much! 🙂



Sometimes you can get good deals at http://www.thetrainline.com/buytickets/? , too!

I'll be around, maybe dickvetman and I can give you a tour of campus if you don't have one set up already.
 
1. Do I need to exchange US dollars for British currency once I get there or will US dollars be accepted? If not, do I just go to a bank to do this? 😕
Don't bring US dollars with you to exchange. I tuck a few $20s in the corner of my carry-on in case I have any troubles with credit or debit cards, but it's cheaper to just withdraw money from an ATM. When you land in the UK, there will be an ATM machine in arrivals, and you can just withdraw the amount of pounds you want. Make 100% sure that your bank knows you're traveling and will authorize you to use your credit & debit cards abroad.

2. Does anyone have recommendations as to where I can/should stay overnight in Edinburgh? I called Victoria and she said I can't stay on campus but that I could find a B&B. Is this what you guys recommend? I'm pretty low key and would rather money save where I can (B&Bs sound really nice but expensive?). [This is a really concerning aspect for me. Please help!!!] 😳
I traveled all around Europe last summer staying in hostels. I can't remember the name of where I stayed in Edinburgh, but check for highly rated ones on hostelworld.com. They're significantly cheaper than a hotel or B&B, and you will meet some cool people.

3. Do you have recommendations for how to travel once in the UK? I am landing in London to check out RVC, then going to Glasgow to check them out, then spending the rest of my time in EDINBURGH (my top choice of course!!!!). I want to travel by train so I can enjoy the trip and see the country a bit. I was looking at First Scot Rail I believe. Would this work or does anyone have alternate preferences?
Check the bus system. Unless you get so carsick that buses would be torturous, they're the best option for a traveler on a budget. You don't need to buy your tickets as far in advance and it's way less expensive. I flew between London & Edinburgh for about $30 on EasyJet (or RyanAir). That's the cheapest way to go, but if I had time, I would have gone by land to see the scenery.

4. Also, what should I expect to pay for food each day? (3 meals a day, nothing fancy.) I'm trying to budget as close as possible. I don't want to be hungry or homeless! 😀
How much do you spend on food at home? It really depends on your tastes. I think that I paid around $15-20/day for food because my friend and I always ate dinner out. You can save more than that by eating breakfast at your hostel (generally included) and picnicking or cheap takeout for other meals.
 
BKT - Looks like the others have done a really good job of answering your questions. Here are just some of my opinions:

Place to stay: I stayed at the Holiday Inn in New Town when I first came over, BUT I would recommend staying at one closer (like the Royal Mile). I liked HI because they had complimentary breakfasts. And to be honest, I am not a fan of hostels. Been there, done that - I have had my fare share of hostel experiences, and in the words of Murtaugh - I'm too old for that s**t 😛 But they can be cheaper. Also, don't rule out the B&B's they can be reasonable too from what I have heard. There are quite a few along Minto Street.

Travel IN Edinburgh: I recommend using Lothian buses once you are here. They run everywhere and for £3.30 (I think) a day you can ride as many times as you want. http://lothianbuses.com/

Also, I am going to be away lambing the week you are here 🙁 But I hope you have fun!! Make sure DVM and Finley take you to Malones, or Drouthy's or even Old Bell - love that pub!
 
Thanks Packen! Any B&Bs that you'd recommend in particular? I'm still trying to find a good place and it's making me really anxious.

On a happy note, I bought my ticket!!! I'm coming to the UK!!!
 
For some of you looking for a flat, there is a room opening up possibly at Winter Break. My flatmate who is doing the PhD programme he may move out and so my landlord wants me to spread the word out to announce this so if anyone is interested, let me know. It is the biggest room of the three bedrooms, I think rent is 350 pounds for it with 48 pounds utility so looking at 400 a month for everything. We live in the Newington area of Edinburgh which sits right alongside the 67 bus route to get to school. A twenty minute walk to city centre and plus you will be with, at least two vet students for six months until Dan leaves.....then you are stuck with me😉!!! One problem, no pets allowed in this flat...sorry!
 
I'm trying to get an idea of the logistics of moving to Edinburgh. Here in the states it was a matter of loading up the car and trailer and moving to college but with overseas shipping costs it's obviously different. I know most of the flats come furnished but what about all of the little things? Cooking and eating utensils, towels and bedding, TV and Video game console(I know thats a minor thing but for occasional downtime), etc. Did you current students just load up clothes and your laptop and buy the rest of the stuff in Edinburgh? Also here in the states a few of the Vet schools have dress codes. Is there a dress code for class?
 
I'm trying to get an idea of the logistics of moving to Edinburgh. Here in the states it was a matter of loading up the car and trailer and moving to college but with overseas shipping costs it's obviously different. I know most of the flats come furnished but what about all of the little things? Cooking and eating utensils, towels and bedding, TV and Video game console(I know thats a minor thing but for occasional downtime), etc. Did you current students just load up clothes and your laptop and buy the rest of the stuff in Edinburgh? Also here in the states a few of the Vet schools have dress codes. Is there a dress code for class?

I packed a box of sheets, comforter, and towels (in those space saver things) and checked that when I flew over. Yeah, i just bought all the extra--there's an IKEA for cheap kitchen stuff. But I think some furnished places come with all that as well. I got a cheap TV but a lot of places come furnished with one. And then just buy a video game console if you need one for sanity's sake.
No dress code for class, but nice clothes must be worn in final year for clinics. And then other than that lab coats/closed toed shoes for labs, and coveralls and steel-toed boots for practicals with large animals.
 
I'm going to be in Edinburgh this Tuesday! Are you (Finley) and DVM still willing to show me around and hang out? Please say yes! 😀
 
I'm trying to get an idea of the logistics of moving to Edinburgh. Here in the states it was a matter of loading up the car and trailer and moving to college but with overseas shipping costs it's obviously different. I know most of the flats come furnished but what about all of the little things? Cooking and eating utensils, towels and bedding, TV and Video game console(I know thats a minor thing but for occasional downtime), etc. Did you current students just load up clothes and your laptop and buy the rest of the stuff in Edinburgh? Also here in the states a few of the Vet schools have dress codes. Is there a dress code for class?

My flat came with everything except towels. I bought new sheets though. If you stay in University housing, you need your own sheets and kitchen utensils.

My roomie bought a used PS3(?) for pretty cheap at a second hand store. And my other friends brought their Wii over. Our flat has a TV.

ETA: Sorry I'll miss you BKT. Lambing is a lot of fun though!!!
 
I'm sorry I'll be missing you too! Have fun with lambing! It's hard work but it's worth seeing all the lambs running around bleating. Soo cute! They're all legs and ears! <3
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm going to be in Edinburgh this Tuesday! Are you (Finley) and DVM still willing to show me around and hang out? Please say yes! 😀


I will be starting my EMS placement at a private practice starting Monday and it will not be able to get out until 6pm roughly. I should be able to get back to the area around 6:40pm roughly by that point and have two to three hours to do whatever. Sorry for not being there during the day.
 
I'm going to be in Edinburgh this Tuesday! Are you (Finley) and DVM still willing to show me around and hang out? Please say yes! 😀

Oh booo I thought you were coming up later! My mom came over for my birthday and we're heading up to Inverness! How long will you be in town?
 
I believe she said she would be here on Tuesday and leaving by Friday. Well, you will still get to meet her in September when we get back from break along with all the GEP and 1st year newbies.
 
I believe she said she would be here on Tuesday and leaving by Friday. Well, you will still get to meet her in September when we get back from break along with all the GEP and 1st year newbies.
Like DVM said, I'll be there Tuesday afternoon then leave on Friday.
 
Hey Bigkitten, were are you staying in Edinburgh....I can meet with you tomorrow evening if you like or any other day you are around the neighborhood. I can show you around city in the evening and show you some of the town, a favorite place many of us like to eat (well, I have just only liked it now called Nyam Nyam's and I am sorry I never went as usual as the rest of the gang). It is up to you want you want to do, you could even break it up to a few nights, so I have more opportunities to hit on you......I mean.....show you around😉
 
I am so excited! I am going to firm my offer with Edinburgh tomorrow morning! YAAAAY!!!

I am about 99% sure I will also be joining you. Packen convinced me with her talk of pub crawls (and the fact that it doesn't look like I will be moving anywhere off these waiting lists). I'm really excited but also really nervous about everything I still need to get done before classes start and the whole moving to Scotland thing.

Also is firm/firmed a UK thing to say? Everyone on the facebook group has been saying "I just firmed Edinburgh", in the US people usually say accept or confirm😀


:laugh: When you don't post text and just 😀 it turns it into :d
 
I think "firmed" is a UK thing as you said. I'm certain that you will be impressed by the new facilities at Edinburgh. Everything is brand spanking new and top notch quality. The school also pffers top teachers and specialists such as Paddy Dixon. I'm really excited to be attending my top choice! I hope to see you as a classmate this year sheepdogpsu!
 
BigKitten's post/my reply about Dick Day sparked my interest to come see what is going on over here...

Rock on, Sheepie ( / fellow wolfie). Looks like I will be seeing you at Dick Day or AVS too 😀

PS for all you current students...Glasgow's Rodeo is this Saturday in case you want a fun study break!!
 
Totally just jumping into this convo, but he's at PSU, I'm sure he'll be okay. Although, I did last longer than my bf who goes there on State Patty's Day, so I dunno. My school's pretty good at holding their own. Maybe I should go to the UK.


😛 I know. I'm just teasing him.
 
Totally just jumping into this convo, but he's at PSU, I'm sure he'll be okay. Although, I did last longer than my bf who goes there on State Patty's Day, so I dunno. My school's pretty good at holding their own. Maybe I should go to the UK.

Yeah we were #1 party school for a while (we are also good in academic things too) so I think I can hold my own.😉

This is the most action this thread has seen in a while. Sorry to people who are actually checking this thread for info on the school, it has gotten sufficiently off topic. This is what happens when there is no WW game to distract us.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yeah we were #1 party school for a while (we are also good in academic things too) so I think I can hold my own.😉

This is the most action this thread has seen in a while. Sorry to people who are actually checking this thread for info on the school, it has gotten sufficiently off topic. This is what happens when there is no WW game to distract us.

I was almost a Penn Stater myself (got into the Ag school). Was actually my 2nd choice...just didn't like that sooo many people from high school went there. Now that I'm there so often, I can't believe I was so anti the school. It's a really nice campus and school really. And I'm kind of obsessed with Kiwi.

And 👍 to the WW comment.
 
I am about 99% sure I will also be joining you. Packen convinced me with her talk of pub crawls (and the fact that it doesn't look like I will be moving anywhere off these waiting lists). I'm really excited but also really nervous about everything I still need to get done before classes start and the whole moving to Scotland thing.

Also is firm/firmed a UK thing to say? Everyone on the facebook group has been saying "I just firmed Edinburgh", in the US people usually say accept or confirm😀



:laugh: When you don't post text and just 😀 it turns it into :d

Well first off, that is just not right - Why would a 😀 turn into that pukey face???

Secondly - WOO-HOO Sheepie!

Glad you have decided to join the slightly cloudier side of the world. 😎 Although as I speak, the sun just came out!

Also, very excited for Dick Day this year, even if it is in Glasgow 😛 Talk about an epic day of playing sports (I think I recall some type of sports event last year....slightly hazy memories) and a massive combined vet school pub crawl/ party.

Oh yeah, and AVS is at Glasgow too! I am 99% sure I am going this year!

PS- Orca - yes you should😀
 
Hey guys....
I'm coming up to edinburgh this week, I'll be arriving tomorrow at 12 and leaving on the 1st. Anyone going to be around? 🙂 so excited!
 
I have handling and welfare exams until Friday afternoon, but will be around after that. We are having Dicks' Got Talent on Saturday, I think it's £3-5 and it is going to be held in town on Saturday. I know I am going and I think most of the Dick vets on here are going. If you want, we could meet up and you could come too!
 
Thought I'd post here too. I am a current (mature 1st year) Dick vet and I'm looking to stay close to uni in Penicuik (it's only about max. 10 min by bus from uni with hourly buses to/from uni, buses every 15min to city centre, taking about 30-45min depending on traffic). I am looking to share a house with someone for the upcoming year. Let me know if you are interested in knowing more about the university, or perhaps even sharing the house with me and my dog 🙂.