Did I just make a mistake or not??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

libraryismyhome

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got my greencard yesterday and sent emails to adcoms to update my info.
One of them told me to change my info in AMCAS, but I told her that I am unable to update my "Biological Information."

Then she sarcastically replied, "I’m sorry. I saw many applicants changing their addresses all the time, so I thought AMCAS does allow biographic information to be changed."

So I replied, "You are correct. In Biographic Information section, it is possible for applicants to change their "Contact Info" which includes addresses. However, applicants are not allowed to change their "Citizenship," and I guess that's because there are very few applicants whose citizenship statuses change like mine. This morning, I called AMCAS twice to see if they could override the system, but they were adamant. I presume that there are many irresponsible applicants troubling you and other admission committee members. I am very sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your help."

Though my initial intention at the time of writing it was to prevent her from screwing me over. (she is an interview coordinator.) now I feel that my message could be translated as "please reject those irresponsible ones and accept me." :( I really didn't mean to portray such message.

Members don't see this ad.

I just got my greencard yesterday and sent emails to adcoms to update my info.
One of them told me to change my info in AMCAS, but I told her that I am unable to update my "Biological Information."

Then she sarcastically replied, "I’m sorry. I saw many applicants changing their addresses all the time, so I thought AMCAS does allow biographic information to be changed."

So I replied, "You are correct. In Biographic Information section, it is possible for applicants to change their "Contact Info" which includes addresses. However, applicants are not allowed to change their "Citizenship," and I guess that's because there are very few applicants whose citizenship statuses change like mine. This morning, I called AMCAS twice to see if they could override the system, but they were adamant. I presume that there are many irresponsible applicants troubling you and other admission committee members. I am very sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your help."

Though my initial intention at the time of writing it was to prevent her from screwing me over. (she is an interview coordinator.) now I feel that my message could be translated as "please reject those irresponsible ones and accept me." :( I really didn't mean to portray such message.

Don't worry about it--I would've guessed you meant "I'm sure there are are plenty of people bothering you right now..sorry to bother you!"

Don't worry about it--I would've guessed you meant "I'm sure there are are plenty of people bothering you right now..sorry to bother you!"

yeah thanks. I am about to submit my app now to this school, so I am slightly neurotic. :D

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't think that was sarcasm on her part. But agree with asyouwere, there are better things for you to spend your time on then to worry about a sentence in your e-mail.

I don't think they would mind. As you said, they probably get irresponsible applicants bothering them all the time, I'm sure they're used to it by now.