Difficult practice questions for BS and PS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kmc1986106

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know where we might find BS and PS questions that represent the most difficult ones found in MCAT? Apparently the EK 1001 series only have basic questions (even EK themselves say to avoid them if you are already scoring >10, which really says a lot).
Kaplan MCAT 45 has difficult questions, but I have a lot of time till my sept MCAT, so I'll probably need much more questions to kill time. Are there anything out there similar to Kaplan MCAT 45?
Thanks in advance

Members don't see this ad.

Actually EK1001- has a lot of good questions also- though I was getting above the 10s... your concepts will be very clear after doing the EK passages.

And was I surprised to find one or two of the exact same questions in the AAMC CBTs!?

If you cant do all 1001- then atleast do the chaps where your conceptual understanding is weak- you'll never regret it I promise!

I did both the Kaplan 45 and EK 1001 ( Yes, all 1001 in all subjects!) and Im not regretting it. Kaplan 45 has those atypical qns.. you'd never find all of them together in any test. But EK 1001 orgo really helped me with concepts- so wld I say for Chem and Phy- Bio is really a waste- many qns are wrongly answered and apparently the author has changed.

Orgo, chem and phy- you shd never ever skip:))

Berkeley Review definitely has the hardest MCAT questions out there they combine alot of different concepts into a passage and apply them to real life instances. I think that they basically throw everything at you so you're not suprised at anything you see come test day. So if you want more problems to do I suggest looking at their stuff.

Members don't see this ad :)
Berkeley Review definitely has the hardest MCAT questions out there they combine alot of different concepts into a passage and apply them to real life instances. I think that they basically throw everything at you so you're not suprised at anything you see come test day. So if you want more problems to do I suggest looking at their stuff.

I couldn't agree more...Berk Review easily has the hardest PS questions...BS is a little more on par with aamc but PS is ridiculous. If you can nail their obscure, wtf, PS passages, you'll be golden.

I agree in mastering these difficult problems, but the more practice AAMC's I do, the more I realize that there aren't that many "difficult" problems on the actual test due to time constraints. You just need to know the formulas, concepts, and be able to do unit analysis whenever necessary and you should be golden...

I just did my first set of Berkeley Review Bio passages and wow... that was definitely intense. I thought I was pretty good at bio--this was a humbling experience.

Back to the drawing board.

thanks for the advice. I'll try to get Berkeley..and maybe also the EK1001s (what the heck, they are cheap anyways)

I agree in mastering these difficult problems, but the more practice AAMC's I do, the more I realize that there aren't that many "difficult" problems on the actual test due to time constraints. You just need to know the formulas, concepts, and be able to do unit analysis whenever necessary and you should be golden...
that's true, but then again it's usually the difficult ones that cost the most marks...if you get even 1-2 wrong, you are down to a 14...get another 1-2 wrong, and now it's a 13, etc. no matter how familiar we are with the easier questions, there's no bonus for that.