Technology Digital Photography

Started by DDS2BE
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

DDS2BE

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have a dilemma with purchasing a digital camera and looking forward on your opinions. I currently have Canon G5 camera and really want to buy Canon 20D, I just can't find a good excuse to spend $1500 on this state of the art equipment.

When I got the G5 I though that would be it.... but now I realized the camera is full of weaknesses (for what I do) I just need to know your opinion and if anyone had experience with Canon 20D.

Thanks a bunch!
 
DDS2BE said:
I have a dilemma with purchasing a digital camera and looking forward on your opinions. I currently have Canon G5 camera and really want to buy Canon 20D, I just can't find a good excuse to spend $1500 on this state of the art equipment.

When I got the G5 I though that would be it.... but now I realized the camera is full of weaknesses (for what I do) I just need to know your opinion and if anyone had experience with Canon 20D.

Thanks a bunch!


Wait til after new years, and you'll only have to spend ~$900 or so.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
flighterdoc said:
Wait til after new years, and you'll only have to spend ~$900 or so.
I don't think holidays play an effect on professional equipment. For example, a two-year old model, 10D, still sells for $1100-1000.
 
DDS2BE said:
I don't think holidays play an effect on professional equipment. For example, a two-year old model, 10D, still sells for $1100-1000.


There is a difference now between pro and high-end consumer equipment. Pro digital is upwards of $3K plus lenses.
 
flighterdoc said:
There is a difference now between pro and high-end consumer equipment. Pro digital is upwards of $3K plus lenses.

U R absolutely right, in my original post, I meant just the body not the whole thing with the lens.