Technology Digital Photography

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DDS2BE

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a dilemma with purchasing a digital camera and looking forward on your opinions. I currently have Canon G5 camera and really want to buy Canon 20D, I just can't find a good excuse to spend $1500 on this state of the art equipment.

When I got the G5 I though that would be it.... but now I realized the camera is full of weaknesses (for what I do) I just need to know your opinion and if anyone had experience with Canon 20D.

Thanks a bunch!

Members don't see this ad.

check out dpreview.com and go to the forums.

DDS2BE said:
I have a dilemma with purchasing a digital camera and looking forward on your opinions. I currently have Canon G5 camera and really want to buy Canon 20D, I just can't find a good excuse to spend $1500 on this state of the art equipment.

When I got the G5 I though that would be it.... but now I realized the camera is full of weaknesses (for what I do) I just need to know your opinion and if anyone had experience with Canon 20D.

Thanks a bunch!

Wait til after new years, and you'll only have to spend ~$900 or so.

Members don't see this ad :)
flighterdoc said:
Wait til after new years, and you'll only have to spend ~$900 or so.
I don't think holidays play an effect on professional equipment. For example, a two-year old model, 10D, still sells for $1100-1000.

DDS2BE said:
I don't think holidays play an effect on professional equipment. For example, a two-year old model, 10D, still sells for $1100-1000.

There is a difference now between pro and high-end consumer equipment. Pro digital is upwards of $3K plus lenses.

flighterdoc said:
There is a difference now between pro and high-end consumer equipment. Pro digital is upwards of $3K plus lenses.

U R absolutely right, in my original post, I meant just the body not the whole thing with the lens.