Direct Patient Care Hours prior to Matriculation or Application? [PA School]

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

RemiSig

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all,

I am not a pre-PA student myself, but am asking this question for another and hope that someone who has been through the process or similar situation can provide some insight!

Do all direct patient care hours have to be finished prior to matriculation or prior to submitting an application? I have only been able to talk with two schools about the process, but both have alluded to that admissions is very strict with this being done prior to application submission. I just want to hear if anyone has heard different or if there is any kind of loophole around this.

I had looked around on the forum and did not see this asked previously. I apologize if I have missed it.