director salary range

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

oathkeeper

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any thoughts on salary for director of a small program within an AMC in large urban area. APA (2015) lists salary for management positions as 110k (median) and 136k (mean). I've asked around with psych friends but many have gone the private practice route. Was hoping for input from the board :).

Members don't see this ad.

Any thoughts on salary for director of a small program within an AMC in large urban area. APA (2015) lists salary for management positions as 110k (median) and 136k (mean). I've asked around with psych friends but many have gone the private practice route. Was hoping for input from the board :).

I recommend minimizing your guess-work by reviewing the publicly available salary data that most/all states make available by law and then focusing your search on the relevant job title in similar-shaped programs. Obviously only state-funded university employees will be listed, but for private institutions you can sometimes receive fairly reliable salary ranges from Glassdoor.

The range for something like this is utterly massive, anywhere from 80k to 250+ though at the higher end the clinic admin is usually just a percent of your effort. If an AMC, I assume this comes with a faculty appointment? A lot will depend on your background and what you bring to the table.

Reactions: 1 users