Disappointing Semester and Pushing Through. Rant I guess?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Allymadeathing

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
This was my sophomore year of undergrad and basically a lot has happened. I switched back to Biology after failing classes in the major last year. I decided I want to pursue medicine. Not entirely sure of my direction but working through it. I set goals to get the best grades I could this semester to be bring my GPA up.

I ended it with one A, two B's, two C's, and one grade teetering between a B and A that I don't know about yet.

I'm really disappointed in myself, because I feel like I'm trying, but I'm not trying hard enough. And I get more and more sad when I compare myself to the people around me, yet that's all I can do. People are trying to get their GPAs as close to 4.0 as possible and I'm currently trying to get to a 3.0 and then move from there.

My university does grade forgiveness, so it'll help my GPA a little bit as I just retook two Bio classes this last semester and got the A and and the grade that's teetering, and I'm retaking the math class this fall. However, I know that not everywhere does grade forgiveness and I take it that if I apply to vet school they will just average the grades?

Anyway, I feel like I'm in an uphill climb and I'm not helping myself by getting average grades. Especially when the people around me are disappointing their GPA went from 3.9 to 3.8. Not to sound like I don't appreciate their distress, I understand those feelings can transcend to anyone, no matter where you are in academics. I feel like I need to do better and keep pushing through, so I guess this is just kind of a rant thing anddd yea.

Members don't see this ad.

This was my sophomore year of undergrad and basically a lot has happened. I switched back to Biology after failing classes in the major last year. I decided I want to pursue medicine. Not entirely sure of my direction but working through it. I set goals to get the best grades I could this semester to be bring my GPA up.

I ended it with one A, two B's, two C's, and one grade teetering between a B and A that I don't know about yet.

I'm really disappointed in myself, because I feel like I'm trying, but I'm not trying hard enough. And I get more and more sad when I compare myself to the people around me, yet that's all I can do. People are trying to get their GPAs as close to 4.0 as possible and I'm currently trying to get to a 3.0 and then move from there.

My university does grade forgiveness, so it'll help my GPA a little bit as I just retook two Bio classes this last semester and got the A and and the grade that's teetering, and I'm retaking the math class this fall. However, I know that not everywhere does grade forgiveness and I take it that if I apply to vet school they will just average the grades?

Anyway, I feel like I'm in an uphill climb and I'm not helping myself by getting average grades. Especially when the people around me are disappointing their GPA went from 3.9 to 3.8. Not to sound like I don't appreciate their distress, I understand those feelings can transcend to anyone, no matter where you are in academics. I feel like I need to do better and keep pushing through, so I guess this is just kind of a rant thing anddd yea.
You should post this in the "RANT here" thread since there is already a thread dedicated to rants.

RANT HERE thread

On SDN, they like for you to check out the search bar in the left top corner (magnifying glass icon) to make sure there aren't similar posts before you start a new thread :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users