Dismissed non-traffic infraction and license question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Dingdong1810

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey sdn,

I was recently found to be innocent of a non-traffic infraction in Washington state with open/consume marijuana in a public place and had the infraction dismissed. Now I did not smoke anything, but was hanging out with a friend who was. I'm a first year pharmacy student getting ready to apply for my intern license.

Do you think I would have to tell the Washington Board/Commission about this? I would much rather not to be honest. My record is otherwise clean, but I do understand it is drug related. Washington state considers open/consume marijuana in a public place a civil infraction so it is not something you can expunge, but it isn't criminal.

Learning to be more wise with who I spend my time with as well....
 
Last edited:
Hey sdn,

I was recently found to be innocent of a non-traffic infraction in Washington state with open/consume marijuana in a public place and had the infraction dismissed. Now I did not smoke anything, but was hanging out with a friend who was. I'm a first year pharmacy student getting ready to apply for my license.

Do you think I would have to tell the Washington Board/Commission about this? I would much rather not to be honest. My record is otherwise clean, but I do understand it is drug related. Washington state considers open/consume marijuana in a public place a civil infraction so it is not something you can expunge, but it isn't criminal.

Learning to be more wise with who I spend my time with as well....
Only if they directly ask something like "Have you ever been found in any civil, administrative or criminal proceeding to have…[v]iolated any drug law?"

Which they do.
 
Only if they directly ask something like "Have you ever been found in any civil, administrative or criminal proceeding to have…[v]iolated any drug law?"

Which they do.

Thanks zelman. I was looking at that just now on the license packet. But since I wasn't found to have violated any drug law since the case was dismissed does that still mean I need to tell the board/commission?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks zelman. I was looking at that just now on the license packet. But since I wasn't found to have violated any drug law since the case was dismissed does that still mean I need to tell the board/commission?
Since it wasn't criminal, no. They only want convictions or criminal charges: "I understand that I must inform the department of any past, current or future criminal charges or convictions."
 
Since it wasn't criminal, no. They only want convictions or criminal charges: "I understand that I must inform the department of any past, current or future criminal charges or convictions."


Got it, thanks zelman. I was neither convicted since it was dismissed, nor was it a criminal charge since it's a civil infraction. Where's that quote from?

Edit: I Found the quote right before you sign off on it.