Disorderly Conduct Intoxication

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CBlue79

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know there are several threads like this but I think my situation is different from the others. I'm currently a college senior and have interviewed at several schools but have not gotten decisions yet. I recently received a ticket for intoxicated disorderly conduct for staggering on a sidewalk on the way home from a bar with one of my roommates for the possibility of causing harm to myself or another. It is a misdemeanor violation and I am eligible for the first offenders program. In this program you are not convicted of anything and they place you on 6 months probation. If you violate the probation then they actually convict you of the charge. How should I report this to the schools that I have applied to and how will this affect my chances of being accepted?

Members don't see this ad.

Well you have no charge now. I wouldn't say anything. However, if you get busted again, I would be calling each school to notify them immediately of your conviction.

If you aren't convicted, then it's still "alleged" and I wouldn't worry about notifying anyone until after you are convicted (if that happens).