Diversity and Challenge/Adversity Ideas

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Justapremedguy

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Diversity: looks good
Adversity: might want to pick another topic
Good luck! :)

Reactions: 1 user
I agree with the above poster. The only way I see you saving the topic for the adversity essay with the material you provided is if you basically reuse your diversity essay and tweak it. The troubles of having to constantly move during your formative years could be enough for an adversary essay but only if these issues continued to affect you through adulthood/college. You could then show how you conquered this challenge and now want to help others who left their home feel comfortable and welcomed in a new environment by being an RA.

Members don't see this ad :)
I agree with the above poster. The only way I see you saving the topic for the adversity essay with the material you provided is if you basically reuse your diversity essay and tweak it. The troubles of having to constantly move during your formative years could be enough for an adversary essay but only if these issues continued to affect you through adulthood/college. You could then show how you conquered this challenge and now want to help others who left their home feel comfortable and welcomed in a new environment by being an RA.
Thanks! It did definitely affect me early in college. I struggled socially at first which affected my self esteem the start of college. But I’ll look for another topic

@Goro Love seeing your advice to people. Curious as to your thoughts here

Diversity:. have lived all over the country and even internationally for a few years. I’ve been exposed to and made friends from different cultures and backgrounds, living in areas ranging from a rural European town of 3000 people to a major US city in the top 20 most populous cities in the country

Adversity: shyness OK

Reactions: 1 users