1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

DIY Post-Bacc Harvard Extension School

Discussion in 'Nontraditional Students' started by Ravh1127, Oct 10, 2018.

1. Ravh1127

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Anyone planning to take DIY Post-bacc at Harvard Extension School next year? And anyone is currently doing it? Any advice and recommendations? I am doing it next year starting in summer 2019.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. hamiltonnyc

I'm currently doing it, though it's just DIY right now because I missed the deadline to apply to the formal program for this year, but will next year.

You'll have to be more specific about your background and what you're looking for if you want more specific answers. But in broad strokes, yeah I recommend it.

4. Ravh1127

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical

Thank you for the reply. Yes I
    Thank you for your reply. I'm doing it starting next summer. I'm just wondering about the available resources for DIY post-bacc students, do we have access to the library? or ID card to enter the library? I'm a person who loves to stay in the library so its one of my concerns. Also when it comes to class registration, as a DIY/non-admitted student, is there certain things I need to know? Thank you!

5. hamiltonnyc

Got it. Yeah all students who enroll in a class get an id card (if you choose) that says class participant that gets you into the library.

In terms of class registration, students in the program get first dibs (your registration class date opena later) but for the 2 classes I'm taking it didn't fill up even in the end.

Any ithet questions?

6. CJhooper123

CJhooper123 B.A. in Chemistry and Getting Buckets
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Completed a DIY PB at Harvard extension last year and it has worked out for me so far.

I have 7 II right now, albeit they are all DO (hoping for some MD love soon).

My biggest recommendation is to use ratemyprofessor when registering for courses. There are several courses there that are "easy A's" if you put the effort in... just gotta find them.