##--DMU Class Of 2010--## part 02

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thank God DMU is still open today... 330+ closings in Des Moines, including Drake, and DMU is still open. WTF!?

I know it sounds whiney... I just haven't had a snow day for like 10 years! :(

Members don't see this ad.

Thank God DMU is still open today... 330+ closings in Des Moines, including Drake, and DMU is still open. WTF!?

I know it sounds whiney... I just haven't had a snow day for like 10 years! :(

haha I was actually going to say, is it just me or is DMU the only place open in Des Moines?

I think it is hilarious how DMU is "open" yet we are continuing to receive emails stating that such and such department is closed due to people being unable to get here :) Having Outlook open at 0800 was hilarious this morning.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think it is hilarious how DMU is "open" yet we are continuing to receive emails stating that such and such department is closed due to people being unable to get here :) Having Outlook open at 0800 was hilarious this morning.

I haven't been outside yet, is it really bad? I guess with 300 some closings it has to be pretty bad hahaha but is it bad enough that people are having a problem getting to school?

Dude, my ace is at home today.

DJ, make your own snow day you gunner! Freak, I slept in today.
Loving it!!!!

Now I'm only 55 lectures behind in path/physio! :laugh: :scared: :eek:

Nice one DMU! Way to stand out and RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE!! :thumbdown: :thumbdown:
How many were actually in lecture today?

Loving it!!!!

Nice one DMU! Way to stand out and RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE!! :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

Bone you know you are top of the class uber smart, you don't need to study.

Loving it!!!!

Here's the $hitty thing- if I didn't have PD lab today I wouldn't freakin' be here either. God help them if they cancel that at the last minute...

I'd say there were probably 50 people in lecture, maybe 60 for phys. And Dreyvenko (sp?) didn't make it until 8:35. Funny, he probably thought that DMU would be CRAZY to have classes today too.

I woke up to the news reporters pleading with people not to drive anywhere. I guess only DMU students are on the roads...Only the best and the brightest are out in this weather. Hey DJ, you got a half snowday yesterday before the weather even hit and most of us were on our way home anyway.

I woke up to the news reporters pleading with people not to drive anywhere. I guess only DMU students are on the roads...Only the best and the brightest are out in this weather. Hey DJ, you got a half snowday yesterday before the weather even hit and most of us were on our way home anyway.

Back in undergrad. we had this huge winter storm move in the early morning, something like 9" dumped in a matter of 2-3 hours (right before class would have started). The state declared it an emergency and asked that only necessary travel be conducted. Even Walmart closed (as someone who used to work there, that is saying a lot). So, one of the only institutions to stay open, our college. What made it worse was that 45% of our class didn't live on campus haha. They got a lot of backlash from that.

Yeah the DOT road report said, "travel not advised" for most of the main highways. Some roads were closed.

Yeah the DOT road report said, "travel not advised" for most of the main highways. Some roads were closed.

Is it true: a stretch of I-35 is closed now?

Is it true: a stretch of I-35 is closed now?

Freak...my back window faces I-80 and it's a ghost town. I think only inbound is open but outbound (To Omaha) is closed. Or people aren't dumb enough to jump on the white wash. That is of course, unless you go to DMU. It's hilarious!

Anyway, I jumped in my new ride (minivan) to cruise down to the post office but had to stop because I couldn't see a damn thang and my engine was freezing up! I had to return my ride and jump on my Tauntaun. Made it only half way when Shirley, my tauntaun, died from the exposure and I had to cut her open with my lightsaber and slide my wife and children inside her guts to keep them warm. They are fine now but I got my arm chewed up pretty bad by that damn snow monster. We were fortunate though, because a speeder on patrol spotted us and we were saved. :thumbup:
Anyway, nice call there DMU. Nice way to keep cramming path/phys despite the "you are a dumb a$$ if you are on the roads today/unless you have a tauntaun" warning. Anyway, back to the 360..oh I mean...physiology. Later.

BTW, why the hell do we live on the planet Hoth anyway?

R.I.P. Shirley :( :(

tauntaun.jpg

This was taken of us right before we left this morning. Man I'm depressed.:(

Freak...my back window faces I-80 and it's a ghost town. I think only inbound is open but outbound (To Omaha) is closed. Or people aren't dumb enough to jump on the white wash. That is of course, unless you go to DMU. It's hilarious!

Anyway, I jumped in my new ride (minivan) to cruise down to the post office but had to stop because I couldn't see a damn thang and my engine was freezing up! I had to return my ride and jump on my Tauntaun. Made it only half way when Shirley, my tauntaun, died from the exposure and I had to cut her open with my lightsaber and slide my wife and children inside her guts to keep them warm. They are fine now but I got my arm chewed up pretty bad by that damn snow monster. We were fortunate though, because a speeder on patrol spotted us and we were saved. :thumbup:
Anyway, nice call there DMU. Nice way to keep cramming path/phys despite the "you are a dumb a$$ if you are on the roads today/unless you have a tauntaun" warning. Anyway, back to the 360..oh I mean...physiology. Later.

BTW, why the hell do we live on the planet Hoth anyway?

R.I.P. Shirley :( :(

tauntaun.jpg

This was taken of us right before we left this morning. Man I'm depressed.:(

And you all call me odd??

Members don't see this ad :)
Only old people love starwars that much like me and the bone. WTH is in that Tauntaun anyways, a bunch of microfilariae or what? You should check yourself for some eosinophilia or something. You could have lice, plus I think you stink.

Bone! One of the best posts I've read in a long time. Sorry to hear about Shirley. My condolences.

Freakin ...... So i just get an email asking me why I didn't make it into PD lab today.....oh i don't know..... national disaster zone and all.....every school/college/clinic closed today but not DMU!!!! We are masters of all!!!! GOOD CALL DMU!:thumbdown:

Freakin ...... So i just get an email asking me why I didn't make it into PD lab today.....oh i don't know..... national disaster zone and all.....every school/college/clinic closed today but not DMU!!!! We are masters of all!!!! GOOD CALL DMU!:thumbdown:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Sorry janitor, but that is funny.

"We MOCK what we don't understand!"

Name that movie...

did you see my cut into his chest??

Dude, I know that movie but I can't think of it. Help me out.

Janitor, are you ****ing serious?!?! They had the balls to ask you that?? I hope you slapped someone.

Janitor, are you ****ing serious?!?! They had the balls to ask you that?? I hope you slapped someone.

133421.jpg

"doctor, doctor, doctor, doctor, doctor, doctor, doctor, doctor, doctor, and doctor"

classic.

oh yes, there was much slappage :smuggrin:

Ok........(Hard to breath)....
Who here is OVERWELMED with the amount of material we have to get through in the next week?
It's almost comical! 40 lectures plus a SPAL in less than 3 days time?? WTH?? Once again, a big thumbs up for the scheduling department. :thumbdown:

Ok, now school really sucks. :eek: :eek:
Screw the notecards, it's all about the notepool with a highlighter. What are ya'll doing?

Let's talk about spring break. God bless that man/women who ever though of the idea!!!!!!!!

Ok........(Hard to breath)....
Who here is OVERWELMED with the amount of material we have to get through in the next week?
It's almost comical! 40 lectures plus a SPAL in less than 3 days time?? WTH?? Once again, a big thumbs up for the scheduling department. :thumbdown:

Ok, now school really sucks. :eek: :eek:
Screw the notecards, it's all about the notepool with a highlighter. What are ya'll doing?

Let's talk about spring break. God bless that man/women who ever though of the idea!!!!!!!!

40 lectures? where do you get that from

20 Pathology and 20 Physiology on the next 2 exams.

Is that what he meant? The way he said it I thought we were having 40 lectures in three days; in which case my calender must be wayyyyyyyyyyyyy off haha.

WHERE THE HELL IS EVERYONE!?! I am going to Wally World...one of the bad points about staying up forever is that you tend to crave snacks...its baddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd.

To all the noobs out there about to start this fall...........
GET SOME SLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!

Because your life, as you know it, is about to end. :sleep: :sleep:

I've never been more ready for a freakin break than right NOW. Back to it. :D

Duplicate post!

LOL!
Just got in to school today and had to tell this sweet story...
Driving down the 235 going about 60 when all of the sudden the car 2 lanes over decides to swerve over and nearly takes me out cutting in front of me. Typical right?:rolleyes:
Anyway, we take the same exit and we stop at the light....I glance down at his Iowa license plate and around it states:

"Is this HEAVEN??? No, It's IOWA!!"

:barf::laugh: :laugh:
Perfect way to start of a LONG day. :thumbup:

LOL!
Just got in to school today and had to tell this sweet story...
Driving down the 235 going about 60 when all of the sudden the car 2 lanes over decides to swerve over and nearly takes me out cutting in front of me. Typical right?:rolleyes:
Anyway, we take the same exit and we stop at the light....I glance down at his Iowa license plate and around it states:

"Is this HEAVEN??? No, It's IOWA!!"

:barf::laugh: :laugh:
Perfect way to start of a LONG day. :thumbup:

hahahhaha that is a typical Iowa driver right there.

I'm guessing from the GI section. Renal -> GI = night and day

Is it just me: does anyone else get lazy and just not study as much as they should? Like I study to get the main concepts down but, the little details that are on the exam, I just don't concentrate on. Eh, maybe I just need to stop being lazy :) .

Wow. I'll never claim to be the brightest student here, but the GI questions far exceeded our current level. I could've studied more, but I still would have missed roughly the same number of questions from GI. I'm guessing the test writer is quite pleased with himself right now, since they finally "broke" our class.
Check the scores....it was brutal.

My grade is atrocious purely because of the GI questions. On the questions missed, it reads like a list.... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32.....etc.

I'm glad we won't have him again for Phys.

No kidding, I feel the exact same way...that test was freaking rediculous....:thumbdown:....oh yeah...jbone...IOWA=(idiots out wandering around)

No kidding, I feel the exact same way...that test was freaking rediculous....:thumbdown:....oh yeah...jbone...IOWA=(idiots out wandering around)

Good thing you didn't come over and watch the Jazz game tonight...freakin playing like a bunch of 'gines. Pissing me off. I almost threw my laptop at my tv just a second ago :mad: . That and 0.5 hours of sleep last night, rapage this morning and getting pwned with my spal today. YES!! HELL YES!!! Give me some more!! Man I wish we had at least 3 more tests this week. I love it!!

ok, back to path (well, sort of)...ok to sleep then.:laugh:

BTW, FEAR THE WEBER STATE WILDCATS!!!
M540_s.gif

Wow. I'll never claim to be the brightest student here, but the GI questions far exceeded our current level. I could've studied more, but I still would have missed roughly the same number of questions from GI. I'm guessing the test writer is quite pleased with himself right now, since they finally "broke" our class.
Check the scores....it was brutal.

My grade is atrocious purely because of the GI questions. On the questions missed, it reads like a list.... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32.....etc.

I'm glad we won't have him again for Phys.

I just looked at it now and I have to agree, mine goes in a list starting at 31 without skipping too many questions in between. I truly got owned by this test. I guess my dreams of being the youngest cardiovascular surgeon on the East Coast are gone...haha.

I just looked at it now and I have to agree, mine goes in a list starting at 31 without skipping too many questions in between. I truly got owned by this test. I guess my dreams of being the youngest cardiovascular surgeon on the East Coast are gone...haha.

Yeah, mine gets bad right at question 37 and continues in a downward spiral.

I would love to know what the average score was for just the GI portion of the test.

Congrats to the SOB who only missed 1 question. I bow down, because I honestly have no idea how someone could do that. Congrats!

Yeah, mine gets bad right at question 37 and continues in a downward spiral.

I would love to know what the average score was for just the GI portion of the test.

Congrats to the SOB who only missed 1 question. I bow down, because I honestly have no idea how someone could do that. Congrats!

It was only the second test all year that someone didn't get a 100 on (the radiology was the other one). However, I must admit, I DON'T wish I was that SOB because then I wouldn't be able to watch as much Family Guy as I currently do. But, with the grade I got from this test, I now need to buckle down to get a respectable score; maybe they will give us back 10 points (oh the days of bev. medicine).

Yeah... I thought I knew my stuff. I was a freaking phys major in undergrad. This test blew me away!!! That was truly bull crap! The best part is... dispite the stupid questions, I thought that I stood a shot at thinking them out. Not a chance. I was shocked when I looked at my grade. My list is pretty inclusive as well. This test put a huge dent in what I thought would be a decent grade.

I really think that Henry was just pissed because most of the class didn't go to his lectures.

the test definitely sucked, and i know that there was atleast one question where there were two answers possible. If you look at the breakdown it will be all GI for sure, that's the ones I missed as well, and it's not that I didn't know the concepts or ideas. It's much more enjoyable when someone legitimately tests your ability to understand the concepts vs. trying to make the question so it's so confounding you don't even know what the heck it's really asking.

Any question longer than this: hello, I am a question, what is my answer?
Is just wrong.

Also, I hate these questions: hello, what is my answer:
A)I don't have an answer
B)my answer is anything but not an answer, or maybe its not
C)Are you confused yet as to my answer
D)Choices A and B are correct
E)Choices A and C are correct
F) All answers are incorrect

We just need to do away with those.

I just found out some more depressing news for anyone wanting to go into EM. I used to find solace in the fact that it wasn't as hard as cardiovascular surgery to get into a residency spot but, I just learned that only 32 spots were not filled in the Match (6 allo, 26 osteo). My future is looking great!! I am going to now slit my wrists.

It was only the second test all year that someone didn't get a 100 on (the radiology was the other one). However, I must admit, I DON'T wish I was that SOB because then I wouldn't be able to watch as much Family Guy as I currently do. But, with the grade I got from this test, I now need to buckle down to get a respectable score; maybe they will give us back 10 points (oh the days of bev. medicine).

Don't hate the playa, hate the game. And I had plent of time to watch family guy. :laugh:

Take me you big brained stud!!!

lol :laugh: :laugh:

Come on man. You know it was the soundman.

Man I need some sleep, I just can't get into this path crap right now.