##--DMU Class Of 2010--## part 02

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I have completely forgot what it feels like to go to bed at a decent hour. Anyone with me? Jamers?

Members don't see this ad.

I have completely forgot what it feels like to go to bed at a decent hour. Anyone with me? Jamers?

Its my bday, no time to sleeeep!!! I am the big 24, only one more year until I get cheaper insurance ahaha.

Members don't see this ad :)
ah, just watched 4 episodes of House..... the addiction is starting..... anyone else?

TiVo > all

Hey guys, I don't know if you all saw this or not but, we can FINALLY access the student portal from our homes!! It's called Fileway and it is right next to the MP3s. Yay to VPNs :-D

Freakin DJ, WHERE U IS??

Countdown is 50???

Freakin DJ, WHERE U IS??

Countdown is 50???
BOOYAH! And counting...

Anyone else think "Organization of the Spinal Cord" is freaking hard to grasp!? My god I've spent 3 hours looking at the damn thing and I still don't get it... Too many tracts to remember :(

BOOYAH! And counting...

Anyone else think "Organization of the Spinal Cord" is freaking hard to grasp!? My god I've spent 3 hours looking at the damn thing and I still don't get it... Too many tracts to remember :(

Dude, just memorize it. Don't try to make sense of it.
LOL

Members don't see this ad :)
It's not just rote memorization, but rather that four different names are used to describe the same freaking tract or accumulation of cell bodies. Once a person figures that out, it does help a little bit, but my anal nociceptors still hurt.

It's not just rote memorization, but rather that four different names are used to describe the same freaking tract or accumulation of cell bodies. Once a person figures that out, it does help a little bit, but my anal nociceptors still hurt.

Stop stretching them. :laugh:

jbone, you never change. :love:

Now GO STUDY. ;) I, myself, am hard at work procrastinating studying for our dreaded bacT exam (postponed from today due to a nor'easter) and the not-so-dreaded endocrine exam (which is far more critical for some folks to pass .. WELL.. to pass phys. I just need like a 50. I love having worked my ars off earlier.)

Good luck on that spinal stuff.

Ah, neuroscience people, you know you love em. :love:

For an early Easter present, I will allow you to get love drunk off my humps:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=W91sqAs-_-g

(Anyone who thinks Fergie is annoying, a man, or both will appreciate this).
That was strangely... beautiful and funny at the same time-

Gotta love studying neuro on a Friday night. In two months I'll be pickling my liver on Friday nights instead. Thank God for summer-

That was strangely... beautiful and funny at the same time-

Gotta love studying neuro on a Friday night. In two months I'll be pickling my liver on Friday nights instead. Thank God for summer-

It's strange how Alanis can make just about any song haunting.

On a side note, I would love to pee on Fergie. I loathe her to the nth degree.

On a side note, I would love to pee on Fergie. I loathe her to the nth degree.

I agree!

But she seems to like peeing on herself.

Fergie%20Pees%20Her%20Pants.jpg

my circle of Willis hurts...

Thoracic. It had lateral horns.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

"Check out the big brain on Brad!"
He's a freakin GENIOS!!

pulp-fiction-photo-pulp-fiction-6200019.jpg

BTW, why the hell do we take our exams on a scantron when it takes them 4 months just to get us our scores?? It's like some old lady in some dark room grading them by hand by holding the scantron up against a flickering candle light. But I guess it was nice of DMU to give dj's mom a job.

(I kid...don't hurt me you freakin yeti)

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

"Check out the big brain on Brad!"
He's a freakin GENIOS!!

pulp-fiction-photo-pulp-fiction-6200019.jpg

BTW, why the hell do we take our exams on a scantron when it takes them 4 months just to get us our scores?? It's like some old lady in some dark room grading them by hand by holding the scantron up against a flickering candle light. But I guess it was nice of DMU to give dj's mom a job.

(I kid...don't hurt me you freakin yeti)
Freaking awesome quote jbone: Best movie EVER (next to star wars of course).

Yea, it's probably really tough running 250 papers through a machine within 8 hours of getting them. Think of all the paper cuts...

P.S. Momma DJ needed a change of scenery after the immigration raid at the local Swift Plant...

Man, I'm getting sick of PD.

"Just know what is these specific pages"
I'm thinking...COOL!!

Wrong. 10 pages of sure hell on the abdomen with about 600 tests to memorize. Ok, I'm officially BURNED out! Halo anyone?

I can't be the only person that felt that meeting today was the biggest waste of time. All they did was re-hash what they previously said in August. Thank God it was only 30 minutes.

I also lost a little confidence in those guys, but maybe I'm just being a little bit over critical.

I can't be the only person that felt that meeting today was the biggest waste of time. All they did was re-hash what they previously said in August. Thank God it was only 30 minutes.

I also lost a little confidence in those guys, but maybe I'm just being a little bit over critical.

I would agree with both of those statements. Basically they told us, don't worry about it yet 15 times.

I would agree with both of those statements. Basically they told us, don't worry about it yet 15 times.
Yea, the message they beat us over the head with a dozen times today definitely could've been sent to the class as an e-mail. The only good thing I got out of the meeting was knowing the rough date that we start rotations (aug 4th 2008)

Yea, the message they beat us over the head with a dozen times today definitely could've been sent to the class as an e-mail. The only good thing I got out of the meeting was knowing the rough date that we start rotations (aug 4th 2008)

Except for the 1/3 (~70) of us who apparently will end up in some sort of bind with our start date.

Except for the 1/3 (~70) of us who apparently will end up in some sort of bind with our start date.
Yea, not the best way to instill trust in the dept by saying things like "some of you will be nowhere near where you wanted to be when you start rotations... but we'll let you know when we know."

Oh well, I'm not gonna stress about it now- there's more pressing matters for me (haven't even gone through all of PD yet.) I'm crazy...

As a member of the 2011 entering class I was reading some of the posts about the rotations meeting. Has any new light been cast on the future of DMU clinicals? I'm mostly curious about Ohio and Michigan sites since that's where I'm most interested in going. Are they limiting these sites? Or is it more about sites being created in Iowa? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

As a member of the 2011 entering class I was reading some of the posts about the rotations meeting. Has any new light been cast on the future of DMU clinicals? I'm mostly curious about Ohio and Michigan sites since that's where I'm most interested in going. Are they limiting these sites? Or is it more about sites being created in Iowa? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

The meeting pretty much said that the clinical situation is always fluid. They are always adding new sites and some are dropping.

They said that they are slowly trying to phase in the Iowa slots.

They didn't mention the Ohio or Michigan core. I'm almost certain that those sites will be around for years to come.

I thought that they were at least going to give some further insight into what was going on. Seriously, was that really a mandatory meeting? I think that meeting actually left me feeling MUCH worse about the whole situation. I mean, I know where their sites were (for the most part) the last few years and figured I'd end up there, but the 'Some of you will get none of the sites you want' is probably not the best thing to say, although it may end up being true for some people, unfortunately. I realize things change, but it kind of scares me to hear that not only do we have no idea what's going to happen, but they actually have no idea what will happen. The school has been around for 100+ for God's sake.

By the way, how did you guys and gals do on the heart sounds this morning?

By the way, how did you guys and gals do on the heart sounds this morning?
Oh I did wonderful because I only looked at the normal heart sounds program on UMEDIC like they told us to. Funny how they didn't really talk about aortic stenosis on there though... or LVH...

I wouldn't worry about the rotations. They are good now and I am pretty sure that not much more will change during our time here at DMU. He was quoting about a 95% chance we'll get at least our top 5 slot. Which, from what I have heard from some of my 3rd year friends is actually low. None of them had any problems getting at least their top 3. So I think he was being conservative with that number. But yes, there will be some that don't get what they want...hence the term "LOTTERY". That is the way it is. It is the same with every other medical school out there without a fully functional hospital on campus and even alot of them get screwed. We just need to chill and it should work out.
As for the Michigan/Ohio swing...lets face it people, it's not going away for quite some time. Which is good because they have some pretty sweet locations. :thumbup:

BTW, this morning was complete bull crap. Do I have to pull up my Beetlejuice quote again???? Honk honk. Now it's time to load up on Phys and 20 lectures of Path. Man....I need a bed. :sleep:

Oh snap, class meeting on the 18th = ass chewage!

I can't wait to get yelled at!!! :(

That my friends, is completely ridiculous. That is all I'm going to say. This morning totally threw me out of my groove for the start of the test. Not cool. But hey, you do what you gotta do. :thumbdown:

That my friends, is completely ridiculous. That is all I'm going to say. This morning totally threw me out of my groove for the start of the test. Not cool. But hey, you do what you gotta do. :thumbdown:

I didn't even know what the heck she was talking about for the first 30 seconds. I will add, however, that if people are switching test forms, I can really only think of one reason you would want to do that. It's still not worth a class meeting though, especially the day before the path exam.

I actually heard of someone who had to move from Florida to New York over a weekend for their next rotation. Also heard a few other interesting circumstances. Maybe I'm just hearing the wrong things/talking to the wrong people though.

I didn't even know what the heck she was talking about for the first 30 seconds. I will add, however, that if people are switching test forms, I can really only think of one reason you would want to do that. It's still not worth a class meeting though, especially the day before the path exam.

I actually heard of someone who had to move from Florida to New York over a weekend for their next rotation. Also heard a few other interesting circumstances. Maybe I'm just hearing the wrong things/talking to the wrong people though.

My thing is this...if you see someone doing that, you personally go up, grab them by their pubes and drag them outside and beat their a$$. You don't yell at the whole class for something 1 or 2 people are doing. With the DPMs, that's over 300 people. It really took me out of the "zone"...if I ever had one. :laugh: I know I'd be dragging someone out by the short hairs if I saw someone doing that. The anger is understandable, but do something about it other than yell at everyone.

Ok, not the pubes but you catch my drift.

Am I ever going to study today...uhhhh we'll see.

That is my point as well, in that if you have an idea who is doing these things, don't go after the honest people too. In addition as jbone said, if you see something you are OBLIGATED to report it. It's that simple people. Nothing though surprises me these days, it just pisses me off that some of these people may be my colleagues later in life and they'll be thought of as equals to me, when they are nothing more than a bunch of haxs!

Oh snap, class meeting on the 18th = ass chewage!

I can't wait to get yelled at! :(

...hold up here....get yelled at...no thats not what I want! I would rather think that the people that did exchange forms or whatever they did would come out and say something...when was it ever allowed to even touch the tests before the exam starts.

"We will not lie, steal, or cheat, nor tolerate among us anyone who does."

I have always thought before this happened that the professors "believed" that by signing the honor code they could trust us to obey this simple and honest code and here some of our classmates are pluckin around with the test forms before the exam....STUPID!

This gives professors proof that they should not trust us with exams or even during a review secession. To think that this "belief" is still in our teachers with what has happened now is a farsight. No wonder they have been so cautious...the honor code doesnt mean anything to anyone...they just signed it becuase they had their nice white coat on and their parents were there taking pictures unaware that the code required some common sense.

Im sorry if I am a little emotional...The honor code has been instilled in me for quite sometime and should be given its full respect.

...hold up here....get yelled at...no thats not what I want! I would rather think that the people that did exchange forms or whatever they did would come out and say something...when was it ever allowed to even touch the tests before the exam starts.

"We will not lie, steal, or cheat, nor tolerate among us anyone who does."

I have always thought before this happened that the professors "believed" that by signing the honor code they could trust us to obey this simple and honest code and here some of our classmates are pluckin around with the test forms before the exam....STUPID!

This gives professors proof that they should not trust us with exams or even during a review secession. To think that this "belief" is still in our teachers with what has happened now is a farsight. No wonder they have been so cautious...the honor code doesnt mean anything to anyone...they just signed it becuase they had their nice white coat on and their parents were there taking pictures unaware that the code required some common sense.

Im sorry if I am a little emotional...The honor code has been instilled in me for quite sometime and should be given its full respect.
It's sad, the poor judgement of a few will likely cloud the faculty's opinion of our entire class for some time...