Dmu Rural medicine educational pathway

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nikkisorous

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone here that goes to dmu participate in this program or know information about it? It seems interesting , but after looking at the contract agreement i have questions. It says you have to complete 4th year rotations in rural iowa settings, so overall would that make you less marketable for competitive residencies? Is this a program you do straight out of dmu or after residency? It doesn't specify. Also i'm assuming it's a paid 4 year position, but then again they do cover your entire tuition so it doesn't hurt to check about that too!

Thanks guys :)

Members don't see this ad.

I talked briefly to admissions about this while I was on campus, and it really helps if you are from a rural town in Iowa and you want to go back there and set up shop. However, I'm sure they will entertain applications from all backgrounds.

I talked briefly to admissions about this while I was on campus, and it really helps if you are from a rural town in Iowa and you want to go back there and set up shop. However, I'm sure they will entertain applications from all backgrounds.

Thanks. I'll call em' today and see if I can get some details about the program.