DMU the HARVARD of Podiatry Schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
can we please stop this discussion now?
And by the way, everyone knows about the (talking like donald trump) "UUUUGE" amount of grade inflation that goes on at Ivy league schools. Princeton is the classic example, there has been published data on it. So DPMer, please go back to your room with the love of your life (the PI manual) and quit stirring up crap.

My point exactly. I have some Ivy League buddies who have told me all about it. Although this was all undergrad. I am not familiar with the medical education.

Members don't see this ad.

My point exactly. I have some Ivy League buddies who have told me all about it. Although this was all undergrad. I am not familiar with the medical education.

I was referring to undergrad, just to be clear.

Your IVY League undergrad buddies went through the task of maintaining a minimum CUM GPA of 3.0 and a minimum MAJOR GPA of 3.0, PLUS passing an original thesis research project in their last year of undergrad that involves an oral thesis in front of a defense committee of their major. Stressful stuff, equivalent to a PhD thesis defense from a non IVY League graduate school. All undergrad graduates then go through a special ceremony celebrating passing their senior oral thesis. A time honored tradition of all IVY League undergrad schools: HARVARD, DARTMOUTH, COLUMBIA, CORNELL, U. PENN, BROWN, PRINCETON, and YALE.

And NO: Johns Hopkins, Stanford, UC Berkeley, MIT, Cal Tech and NYU are NOT Ivy League schools. I do not know why people make this notion. They are just private undergrad schools: AND you need a minimum cum GPA and a minumum MAJOR GPA of 2.0 to graduate, and a senior thesis project with an oral defense is optional not mandatory like in the IVY League undergrad schools.

Members don't see this ad :)
Your IVY League undergrad buddies went through the task of maintaining a minimum CUM GPA of 3.0 and a minimum MAJOR GPA of 3.0, PLUS passing an original thesis research project in their last year of undergrad that involves an oral thesis in front of a defense committee of their major. Stressful stuff, equivalent to a PhD thesis defense from a non IVY League graduate school. All undergrad graduates then go through a special ceremony celebrating passing their senior oral thesis. A time honored tradition of all IVY League undergrad schools: HARVARD, DARTMOUTH, COLUMBIA, CORNELL, U. PENN, BROWN, PRINCETON, and YALE.

lol, I have a good friend who played football at Yale. He was plenty smart enough to handle the curriculum but never would have blown you away academically. He, along with every other student in his dept (I asked when I read this ridiculous post, which means DPMer is batting 1.000 when it comes to ridiculous posts), received a 3.0 and a degree. Everyone gets a 3.0...I'm sure 80% of them deserve it...

thank you all for the comedic relief while i study for boards!!!! I needed this....:laugh: