Do adcoms look at any graduate work over undergrad

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TSU07

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
My Undergraduate degree was in microbiology and a minor in chemistry my overall GPA was a 2.52 and my science GPA was 2.89. I am currently getting my Masters in Biotechnology and i have a 3.89 GPA. I am wondering if the schools will look at my undergraduate work or my graduate work?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
My Undergraduate degree was in microbiology and a minor in chemistry my overall GPA was a 2.52 and my science GPA was 2.89. I am currently getting my Masters in Biotechnology and i have a 3.89 GPA. I am wondering if the schools will look at my undergraduate work or my graduate work?

It depends on the school. There are some schools that only look at and calculate GPA based on the prereq list of classes. There are other schools that will look at the other classes, and anybody who uses PharmCAS will see all the classes because you have to list all of your post high school work and provide transcripts. Obviously in your case, you need to avoid any schools that only calculate on prereq list work.