Do any medical schools have reciprocity agreements with Wisconsin?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dhooy7

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am not sure if this is even possible but wondering if I can get in-state tuition if I live in Wisconsin from like Minnesota. Is there a list or any helpful information? I've been trying to search online for this. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

How you worded that I can’t tell which one you currently live in and which one you’re a resident of.

You can check UW Madison’s website for their med school but I doubt it. Medical colleges of WI also probably doesn’t offer it.

I certainly know it doesn’t work the other way around for med (I am a WI resident headed to MN med school, but my high school friend gets reciprocity for pharm school).

Reactions: 1 user
You’d have to change your residency which is a process unique to each state - usually involves having a job, not living in the new state for college only..

Members don't see this ad :)
I live in WI and am interested in reciprocity in MN and any other states.

I live in WI and am interested in reciprocity in MN and any other states.
Ok thanks! I didn’t apply to the Dakotas, but I doubt they have recirpeociry. However I can confirm there is no reciprocity with MN or Iowa for MD programs. Reciprocity for any professional programs is rare.

Good to know. Congrats on acceptable to MN med school. That is awesome!

I think NY gives you IS tuition after first year?

I believe only MT and WY have WICHE reciprocity for medical school (and AZ for osteopathic medicine.)
what's MT? And is WY wyoming? Sorry I'm not familiar with those appreviations

I don’t believe any state has reciprocity agreements for medical schools besides the WITCHE schools. Now I know some schools will offer in state tuition to select out of state students. Other then that I know several individuals who have changed their state residency once they began professional schools to save on tution (though this is state dependent)

Do schools not teach US postal abbreviations anymore?

To be fair, I don't see any of those abbreviations on my map

upload_2018-4-3_9-2-28.png

Minnesota students have reduced tuition at both of the Dakota medical schools. Not sure if it's a true reciprocity agreement or if it's more the state of Minnesota subsidizing the education of students who may end up working in the NW/SW portions of the state.

For one thing schools have abbreviations that are not just their state. Lol. I just was making sure man.