Do dental schools look at BCP GPA or science GPA? Starting from what GPA is considered "good"?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

andyry

Reaction score
Do dental schools look at BCP GPA or science GPA? (I know they look at overall GPA)

After taking into consideration of shadowing, personal statements, DAT, extracurricular, at what GPA is considered "good"? I've heard some people say that you can get into at least 1 dental school if your GPA is 3.0+ with a high DAT. I also hear people say that a GPA of 3.3+ is good.

Members don't see this ad.

Do dental schools look at BCP GPA or science GPA? (I know they look at overall GPA)

After taking into consideration of shadowing, personal statements, DAT, extracurricular, at what GPA is considered "good"? I've heard some people say that you can get into at least 1 dental school if your GPA is 3.0+ with a high DAT. I also hear people say that a GPA of 3.3+ is good.
There are many GPA's that can be viewed from your application. Some schools strongly lean on science GPA, others BCP for initial screening. But in general a GPA of 3.5 for science (either one) is generally preferred.