Do dental schools emphasize BCPM GPA or Science GPA?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mcuban00

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
My BCPM GPA is currently at a 3.1ish. However, I have taken multiple "other science" classes that I knew would be easy to do well in so my science GPA sits at a 3.3. Which do schools emphasize/look at? if my cGPA is a 3.4 and DAT is 25AA and 26TS, should I apply this cycle? Because I have so many credits, I don't think my senior year grades will count much towards the cGPA/sGPA so I didn't really think about taking a gap year which allows my senior grades to be counted. Any advice and comments is appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, you should 100% apply, your GPA is good and your DAT is excellent. Apply broadly and you should get a good amount of interviews and if those go well some acceptances, unless your ECs are severely lacking, which if that's the case start working on that immediately. As for which GPA schools emphasize, I don't think anyone can give you a solid answer for every single school, as long as you didn't bomb the pre-reqs you should be just fine. Lol just noticed you had made a WAMC before, still have the same school list?