Do I need a Minor to apply to DPT school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

rsflores

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Will it look better on my application or do they solely focus on your prerequisites?

I am about to start my minor in psychology this semester, but I am very nervous that I will not be able to keep my GPA up.

Will having a minor give me a edge off of the other applicants?
 
Will it look better on my application or do they solely focus on your prerequisites?

I am about to start my minor in psychology this semester, but I am very nervous that I will not be able to keep my GPA up.

Will having a minor give me a edge off of the other applicants?
At most, it might give you something to talk about during the interview, which I doubt. In general, it would make you a more well-rounded student for sure, but purely in terms of a stronger application, nah. If you aren't super stoked about it (passions are passions which should be fed within reason!) and/or are seriously concerned about it negatively impacting your GPA, I would drop it. Right, wrong or indifferent, a high GPA is absolutely essential.