Do I need to wear tights to interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kaim10

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm planning to wear a classic black skirt suit and closed toed formal black shoes. It's still so hot out... do I need to wear tights? Are bare legs unprofessional? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm planning to wear a classic black skirt suit and closed toed formal black shoes. It's still so hot out... do I need to wear tights? Are bare legs unprofessional? Thanks!
Yeah girl you gotta wear sheer pantyhose! Not black opaque tights but sheer skin color ones. Do yourself a favor and don't get the cheapos from Walgreens because they will snag really easily- get ones that are middle of the line. Buy 2 pairs and bring the extra one to the interview so if the ones you're wearing snags you have ones to change into.

Good luck!

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
;)The hotter you look the better

Reactions: 1 users
Maybe it's just me but when I think of tights I think of casual. Invest in a couple good pair of pantyhose

Same reason why there are so many "rules" for men's suit jackets like buttoning and single vs double breasted. There are business professional norms, and sheer pantyhose with a dress skirt is one of them.

I hate pantyhose with a passion as I always seem to get a run in them, so I avoided that by wearing pant suits.

Reactions: 1 user
Honestly, get a pair of Spanx pantyhose and never look back. I've had a couple pairs of the black/brown reversible ones and they've held up marvelously. I just got a couple pairs of nude ones for interviews, and they feel super awesome (well, as awesome as pantyhose can ever feel, anyways).

Reactions: 1 user