Do I Still Have A Chance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JustAwesomeSauz

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I applied for the current cycle and had my application completed and verified by October, however I have not heard back from any of the Universities yet except for a couple rejections. I expected the rejections because my undergraduate GPA is quite low. But what I am wondering is do I still have a chance with the other universities since its already February and have not even had an interview yet. Should I give up hope for this cycle and start prepping for the next cycle?

Members don't see this ad.

There is still some time left... But I agree with @PerioDont - you should start prepping for the next cycle.

Members don't see this ad :)
Your previous WAMC WAMC low gpa, two times cDAT

Considering that you were shooting for American dental schools, I serious think about a new application. I thought you were doing a masters program but I don't know if it helped students apply to dental school. If so, what does your program director think?

Yes I am doing the MSc, it ends this April. My program director said that in the last ten years, there has been only one other student (thats she knows of) who has been in the same position as me and gotten into dental school so thats that i guess.
Your previous WAMC WAMC low gpa, two times cDAT

Considering that you were shooting for American dental schools, I serious think about a new application. I thought you were doing a masters program but I don't know if it helped students apply to dental school. If so, what does your program director think?

What would my best course of action be when applying next cycle? Definitely apply early (lol) and I will have the completed MSc, at least one publication, and then I was thinking of doing the American DAT.
Any other recommendations?

I applied for the current cycle and had my application completed and verified by October, however I have not heard back from any of the Universities yet except for a couple rejections. I expected the rejections because my undergraduate GPA is quite low. But what I am wondering is do I still have a chance with the other universities since its already February and have not even had an interview yet. Should I give up hope for this cycle and start prepping for the next cycle?
Do not go to dental. Not worth it. Dental Insurance companies have a stranglehold over dentist's salaries for over 40 years. They capped reimbursement at $2K for as long as I can remember (40 years). How is that possible? They reduce fees year after year. This monopoly needs federal intervention. This monopoly has to stop. Dentists' salary will not go up until dental insurance company gets fixed. Until then, do not go to dental. $150K is not going to cut it when you graduate with over $500K in debt. At the same time, car salesmen with no degrees are making $170K and real estate agents are making $500K. Senior tech workers are making over $750K.

Reactions: 1 user