DO Match List Thread 2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrStephenStrange

Neurology PGY-2
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I figured I would start it this year since I can't wait to see what's waiting for me next year.
Post whatever list(s) you got (partial or full)

Last year's thread: DO Match List Thread 2020 | Student Doctor Network

RVUCOM
RowanSOM
LMUDCOM
UIWSOM
MUCOM
TUNCOM
MSUCOM
DMUCOM
VCOM-Auburn
LECOM
NOVA
ACOM complete list
RowanSOM complete list
WesternU COMP
LUCOM

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 16 users
I know TCOM had someone match neurosurgery. Can't wait to see where!

Edit: It was San Antonio!

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Care
Reactions: 19 users
I know TCOM had someone match neurosurgery. Can't wait to see where!
ARCOM's inaugural class also had someone matched Neurosurgery and Urology.

Edit: Neurosurgery at Michigan state and Urology at UAMS. Also IR at Penn State.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 13 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I know ACOM had at least 2 Ortho Matches (not me), and at least 1 IM Match (me, lol)

Reactions: 10 users
I guess this thread will be like all the others so I’ll get it started:

“Psych is probably the most competitive specialty.”

“No it’s not. There’s literally no reason anyone should think that.”

“Woah get out da way derm cuz psychs comin’ for ya!”

• Haha
Reactions: 24 users
really curious to see how KCU's inaugural Joplin class did, since I'm in the second graduating class.

Reactions: 5 users
I guess this thread will be like all the others so I’ll get it started:

“Psych is probably the most competitive specialty.”

“No it’s not. There’s literally no reason anyone should think that.”

“Woah get out da way derm cuz psychs comin’ for ya!”
Ok I'll do the next part I guess.

"Woahh we had a derm at duke!"
"That's not Duke's hospital"
"It's still derm no matter what hospital is named!!"
"Yeah, they actually matched pathology not derm. The admin messed it up again"
"WTFFFFFF"

Happens every year. How is this possible?!

• Haha
Reactions: 25 users
Ok I'll do the next part I guess.

"Woahh we had a derm at duke!"
"That's not Duke's hospital"
"It's still derm no matter what hospital is named!!"
"Yeah, they actually matched pathology not derm. The admin messed it up again"
"WTFFFFFF"

Happens every year. How is this possible?!
Woah my turn.
“OMG someone matched Neurosurgery at Mayo!”

“It’s Jacksonville. So like, whatever.”

“But it’s MD neurosurgery....”

“Meh. They most definitely have familial connections so it’s a crappy match.”

• Haha
Reactions: 19 users
Woah my turn.
“OMG someone matched Neurosurgery at Mayo!”

“It’s Jacksonville. So like, whatever.”

“But it’s MD neurosurgery....”

“Meh. They most definitely have familial connections so it’s a crappy match.”
I still remember someone skipping the AOA match and matching ortho at Mayo I think when I was a premed and someone was still like “Yeah it’s not that competitive. No one wants to live in Rochester.” “They probably had connections anyway!”

• Haha
Reactions: 15 users
Best thread of the year for like a week before it goes off the rails haha.

In match news: I heard roughly 1/3 of the new rocky vista utah class didn’t match. Crazy stuff.

• Wow
Reactions: 37 users
Members don't see this ad :)

In match news: I heard roughly 1/3 of the new rocky vista utah class didn’t match. Crazy stuff.
😳 How does that even happen?!

Reactions: 1 user

how many people in the class?

It’s a multifaceted problem that’s nearly impossible to deduce... But I’ll take a stab at it.

1) Attend a DO school
2) Attend a branch campus of a DO school
3) Listen to advisors that have EdDs
4) Just listening to your garbage DO school
5) Attend a branch campus in rural Utah that’s away from the states core health infrastructure

Hot damn it was actually a lot simpler to figure out than I thought!

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 25 users
It’s a multifaceted problem that’s nearly impossible to deduce... But I’ll take a stab at it.

1) Attend a DO school
5) Attend a branch campus in rural Utah that’s away from the states core health infrastructure

I love how many of my classmates drink the “DO school residency advisor” koolaid. Its funny how many of these advisors downplay the importance of Step scores, Clerkship grades, research (specialty dependent) and letters in an application and harp on community service and AODs (areas of distinction)-Most DO grads I have talked to in residency now that had super impressive matches did their own thing and ignored their advisors/schools advice (which imo is great advice). I am already getting off topic and its not even friday yet-ill stop lmao

1) Attend a DO school

I can't believe Utah is opening another DO school... Noorda match 4 years will be awful.

Reactions: 6 users
An unconfirmed NS match at Western Pamona

• Love

St. George’s University-Utah campus. Similar academic outcomes to those of its sister institution in Grenada, but a noticeable lack of beaches and sunshine.

• Haha
Reactions: 14 users
I love how many of my classmates drink the “DO school residency advisor” koolaid. Its funny how many of these advisors downplay the importance of Step scores, Clerkship grades, research (specialty dependent) and letters in an application and harp on community service and AODs (areas of distinction)-Most DO grads I have talked to in residency now that had super impressive matches did their own thing and ignored their advisors/schools advice (which imo is great advice). I am already getting off topic and its not even friday yet-ill stop lmao

I will say that while ACOM has its faults, our advisors were great about hammering home us taking STEP, focusing on clerkship grades and research.

People like to kid themselves that new DO schools are somehow acceptable places to train. Honestly not much better than going to St. George’s at this point.
I can't believe Utah is opening another DO school... Noorda match 4 years will be awful.
It’s going to be absolute trash. The U lost the battle trying to convince lawmakers to block the creation of these schools.

No one should ever consider going to a new DO school. It’s just not worth the money.

• Love
Reactions: 14 users
really curious to see how KCU's inaugural Joplin class did, since I'm in the second graduating class.
I know Joplin has 2 Uro, 1 Optho, and 1 vascular surgery match

• Wow
Reactions: 16 users
WCU had 2 ortho and 1 derm from what I have heard soo far..

Reddit is reporting one integrated plastics match from a DO school this year

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 21 users
I will say that while ACOM has its faults, our advisors were great about hammering home us taking STEP, focusing on clerkship grades and research.

...yea that wasn’t always the case for any of the three. Glad to see it’s changed.

Reactions: 2 users
Reddit is reporting one integrated plastics match from a DO school this year
This person actually posted a thread on Reddit about how they matched yesterday.

Reactions: 1 users
...yea that wasn’t always the case for any of the three. Glad to see it’s changed.
Yes, I think Dr. Patel took over everything and changed a lot of how advising works and the goals of it. She was a great asset

RowanSOM is about to have a really strong match list. The people applying IM have amazing rank lists. Will report back on friday!

Reactions: 4 users
Yes, I think Dr. Patel took over everything and changed a lot of how advising works and the goals of it. She was a great asset
I think it also has to do with the dean and clinical dean leaving after I graduated as well. They were very much into koolaid

• Love
A lot of back alley brawls and throwing up gang signs
1616009670134.png

??

• Haha
Staying on topic would be not responding to your post about a derm program in the 2021 match list thread. How ironic.

Make a new thread and it will receive the on topic attention you crave and the title will attract someone who knows the answer!

That said, if it's anything like the Larkin rads program... well, it ain't gonna be good.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 users
So far I’ve heard at my school of one ophtho, uro, ortho, and plastics. So many superstars in my class. Can’t wait to get the full list soon!

Reactions: 3 users
Kcu for sure had 3 uro, ophtho, vascular surg, 3 IR, 2 ortho, derm, neurosurg, a bunch of Gen surg/EM/Psych/anesthesia (double digits for each).

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users
Kcu for sure had 3 uro, ophtho, vascular surg,IR (maybe 2-3 won’t know until tomorrow), ortho, a bunch of Gen surg/EM/Psych.
That's awesome! Really looking forward to seeing the overall matchlist and the institutions students have matched at. Also, anxiously waiting to see KCU's match rate this year as I have heard crazy stories of very competitive students not being able to match.

Last edited:
Any other third years super stressed about going through this next cycle in a few months?

pooped my pants a few times reading through the SOAP threads on Reddit

Reactions: 9 users
Any other third years super stressed about going through this next cycle in a few months?

pooped my pants a few times reading through the SOAP threads on Reddit
Me lol, prbly gonna apply to 100+ programs just to match IM lol

Same here after hearing someone stating about 1/3 of RVU-U not matched. Not a RVU student but very curious.

Yeah it’ll be interesting. IIRC RVU-CO had a ridiculous number of surgery matches last year. Maybe the success isn’t translating to Utah but I want to see the official data first.

Reactions: 1 user
People like to kid themselves that new DO schools are somehow acceptable places to train. Honestly not much better than going to St. George’s at this point.

It’s going to be absolute trash. The U lost the battle trying to convince lawmakers to block the creation of these schools.

No one should ever consider going to a new DO school. It’s just not worth the money.
Or LMU DCOM. Basically advising was like apply to 500 fm programs or you won’t match. Actually I was told that with 100%tile boards so I’m assuming they told that to everyone. Bunch of other top students were told same thing. Such a joke that place is.

or my LOR sucked 😂 but I doubt since I got my 1.

• Haha
  • Wow