DO + MD Electronic apps

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bryan123

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Where can I find the web pages to download the year 2000 Osteopathic and AMA allopathic electronic applications? And how do you get the smiley face at the end of your messages?

Thanks,
Bryan

Members don't see this ad.

: + ) =
smile.gif

: + ( =
frown.gif

www.aacom.org/AACOMAS98.htm for DO application.

www.aamc.org/stuapps/start.htm for MD application.

BTW: Your premed office ought to have this info for you readily available.

[This message has been edited by justwannabadoc (edited April 30, 1999).]

Be cautious of the electronic apps. Someone I know used the AMCAS one last year and it delayed his app. almost two months because of a screw up (no his fault). I'm not condemning them but be wary of "new technology".

Members don't see this ad :)
The elctronic applications are fine and very, very convenient. Anyone who has the hardware to use the e-applications and doesn't is just causing themselves so much extra work that they should be examined for cognitive function.

I used the electronic applications without a problem. Just make sure you send it via certified mail with a return receipt. Make a backup. Check back with them if after 1 1/2 months, you haven't gotten anything back (a sheet with your finalized application that they're sending to each school). That's the max time it should take to process them.

Make copies and send EVERYHTING certified mail. The secondaries ususally have some sort of postcard that is sent back to you when your app. is received but I would suggest using certified mail even in this case. The receipt is mailed back almost immediately and helps give you peace of mind that it at least arrived and when. Save all the receipts that are returned.

Whichever method [paper vs electronic] you choose, PROOFREAD PROOFREAD PROOFREAD!!! And when you are certain you done it perfectly, proofread the thing again!

Upon meeting with a Dean of Admissions at a school who dinged me after interview, he cited my reported grad date, 12/99, meant I would NOT have completed my BS/BA prior to matriculation and they required a Ugrad degree for entry. The bad part was, I will grad in May of 99...it was a TYPO!! I can't count the number of times I proofread the apps and I had my wife proofread it a couple of times too. It just goes to show you how profound an effect something so simple can drasticly affect things.

No, I did not appeal my rejection...the school does not permit appeals after a full committee review. Besides, soon thereafter I was accepted at KCOM; and I would far rather attend there than the school I was referring to.

------------------
'Old Man Dave'
KCOM, Class of '03