This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aaron9297

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a non-traditional application. 3.38 undergraduate, 3.1 science, 4.0 Masters (Health Care Administration), 501 MCAT, Teacher for 3 years, thousands of hours of health care experience as an student athletic trainer, hundreds of volunteer hours, etc. I have 3 Q drops on my transcript from undergraduate (retook and got C's but I plan on retaking one of them this summer at the community college). I've given up on MD school and decided to go with DO school. UNT has already closed their application cycle, so I was thinking about UIW. Just seeking advice if I should go ahead and submit my app now (2/18/17) since it's still open or if I should just wait until next application cycle.

Members don't see this ad.

I would not submit an application this late. I'm not sure about other schools but mine is interviewing for spots on the wait list right now. Avoid the reapplicant tag and have your app ready to submit on day one next cycle. Apply broadly and I'm sure you'll have some success. Good luck.

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah. After typing this I realized it's better to do that. Probably going to retake the MCAT as well. I feel that having a low science GPA, I need somewhere in the 506-510 range to counteract that.

Members don't see this ad :)
I agree with that decision. It's kind of a tough position to be in, but I think you'll have so many more options if you take some time, clean up the parts of your application that you think need help. Make sure to get you applications in early next year! If you have any questions, feel free to pm me.

Apply next cycle.

I'm a non-traditional application. 3.38 undergraduate, 3.1 science, 4.0 Masters (Health Care Administration), 501 MCAT, Teacher for 3 years, thousands of hours of health care experience as an student athletic trainer, hundreds of volunteer hours, etc. I have 3 Q drops on my transcript from undergraduate (retook and got C's but I plan on retaking one of them this summer at the community college). I've given up on MD school and decided to go with DO school. UNT has already closed their application cycle, so I was thinking about UIW. Just seeking advice if I should go ahead and submit my app now (2/18/17) since it's still open or if I should just wait until next application cycle.