DO school list advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr Dazzle

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all!

I have a 3.58 cum. And science gpa with a 24 (9ps,9v, 6bs)

What schools would I have a shot at?
Will send my primary by the end of month.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

and verified early to mid October = unlikely to get in.

:prof: While there is some truth, crazier things have happened. Not saying that anything needs to be sugar coated but relax on the guy, we weren't all pros coming into SDN.

Members don't see this ad :)
:prof: While there is some truth, crazier things have happened. Not saying that anything needs to be sugar coated but relax on the guy, we weren't all pros coming into SDN.

I was just giving him my opinion, but I can make it nicer :)

OP, one of the most important things in all of this is applying early especially for those of us with average or below average stats. October verification is not early and automatically puts you at a disadvantage. Yes you can still get in, but your chances are not nearly as good as if you had applied earlier.

Just be aware that you need to pre-write your secondaries and be ready to submit them immediately upon receiving them.

1. Wrong forum. http://forums.studentdoctor.net/forumdisplay.php?f=418
2. Use the search function. http://forums.studentdoctor.net/search.php
3. Average to below average GPA, below average MCAT, and verified early to mid October = unlikely to get in.

wat?

A 3.58 is a fairly solid GPA. OP is at average or slightly above average for students who matriculate to the majority of D.O. schools. Definitely not below average.

MCAT will definitely hurt though.

OP, what does the rest of your app look like? State of residence?

Above average Gpa, below average mcat. Had you applied in June then you'd have probably a decent chance if you applied to 15+ schools, however being complete in october, you're better off investing your money in a mcat prep course.

wat?

A 3.58 is a fairly solid GPA. OP is at average or slightly above average for students who matriculate to the majority of D.O. schools. Definitely not below average.

MCAT will definitely hurt though.

OP, what does the rest of your app look like? State of residence?

I thought the average GPA was above 3.6 even for DO?

Is there a reason you can't submit your primary now? You need to get verification started ASAP.

Also, knowing your state of residence would help with schools.