This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

crazynoodle512

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
**Reposted from pre-allo thread because I thought it would be more appropriate here**

I know this topic has been discussed on here previously but I would like to see what options I have given my specific situation. I applied to all of the Texas schools for the 2017-2018 application cycle in late July. I only received one interview and was pre-matched at UNTHSC-TCOM. I have a 3.81 GPA (3.75 BCPM) and made a 505 (28/29 old) on my MCAT (for which I foolishly studied for only one month). I have numerous medical and non medical extra-curricular activities. I believe submitting my app late and my MCAT score was the problem this cycle. Although I liked the atmosphere at TCOM, it is in a convenient location for me, and the tuition is affordable as I am a Texas resident, I am so disappointed that this application cycle was so unsuccessful. I'm afraid going DO will potentially limit my options for certain specialties (I am currently undecided) and I will have to give up my interest in academic medicine and research. I have been debating whether or not to decline my acceptance and reapply earlier after retaking my MCAT. Thoughts? I appreciate your advice!

Members don't see this ad.

There is no point in delaying the start of your medical career. The DO and MD residencies will be combined before you graduate. Your grades and board scores will have more influence on your residency prospects than whether you attend a DO or MD school.

Status
Not open for further replies.