This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JALHAD

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I’m an undergraduate student in Canada, majoring in Biology.

I’m really working hard towards getting into DO school in the states. I started off my first year of university, working my ass off and getting poor grades. I’m currently in the second term of my second year, and my grades have been steadily increasing ever since!

My cGPA is 73%, and I’m gonna make sure it keeps going up in my next two years of uni!

I’m very worried that my chances of getting into osteopathic medicine is very low (if I end up with like a 75% for example).

I’m currently on co-op (working in a lab), and volunteering in 2 hospitals. Additionally, I’m taking a quantum course right now.

What do you guys think about my chances at DO school by the looks of it right now?

Thank you so much!

Members don't see this ad.

What does a 73% convert to on a 4.0 scale? Is it like a C (2.0 GPA)? without that GPA conversion and an MCAT we won't be able to tell you anything. Plus you're just a sophomore, you got a long way to go. Come back when you're a senior with your MCAT and your updated GPA. For DO schools, you should aim for a 505+ MCAT and a 3.2+ GPA.
Good luck.

Sent from my SM-G950U using SDN mobile

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Hello everyone!

I’m an undergraduate student in Canada, majoring in Biology.

I’m really working hard towards getting into DO school in the states. I started off my first year of university, working my ass off and getting poor grades. I’m currently in the second term of my second year, and my grades have been steadily increasing ever since!

My cGPA is 73%, and I’m gonna make sure it keeps going up in my next two years of uni!

I’m very worried that my chances of getting into osteopathic medicine is very low (if I end up with like a 75% for example).

I’m currently on co-op (working in a lab), and volunteering in 2 hospitals. Additionally, I’m taking a quantum course right now.

What do you guys think about my chances at DO school by the looks of it right now?

Thank you so much!
As of right now, chances are zero. Come back in two years with a GPA > 3.3 and a decent MCAT score, and then we can advise.